Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK VPS Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK VPS Provider

hexukhexuk Member
edited July 2018 in Providers

Hi,

Is there a UK VPS provider who would be willing to let me land my /24 and also match the Hetzner cloud server prices please? I have around 12 VPS's ranging from small 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD and 1vCores to 16GB RAM, 400GB SSD and 8vCores. Would be looking for a long-term relationship where we can easily upgrade the servers (including disk space) and I have direct access to them via a control panel and I am also actively expanding the hosting side so more servers will come your way.

No startups, only companies that have at least filed two years worth of accounts and are UK based. Also need to have proof that there has been solid uptime (maybe an active status page). Company must have a phone number and also have reasonable response times (not like OVH who take 3 days to respond even if your server has gone offline).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

maybe @vmhaus

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • florianbflorianb Member
    edited July 2018

@Jack said:

hexuk said: Company must have a phone number

>

hexuk said: match the Hetzner cloud server prices please?

Sorry, but what the fuck.

• hexukhexuk Member

@florianb said:

@Jack said:

>

What do you mean?

• ArisCArisC Member
    edited July 2018

@hexuk said:

@florianb said:

@Jack said:

>

What do you mean?

Not Possible

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

@Jack said:

@ArisC said:

@hexuk said:

@florianb said:

@Jack said:

>

What do you mean?

Not Possible

Nothing is impossible.

But highly unlikely.

• ArisCArisC Member

@Jack said:

@Clouvider said:

@Jack said:

@ArisC said:

@hexuk said:

@florianb said:

@Jack said:

>

What do you mean?

Not Possible

Nothing is impossible.

But highly unlikely.

Depends, I like the personal touch with customer service anyway of speaking to my customers.

I think you’re the same.

OPs expectations on pricing to Hetzners cloud offering on some plans is likely not going to be met in the UK.

Which CPU's are used?

@Jack said:

@Clouvider said:

@Jack said:

@ArisC said:

@hexuk said:

@florianb said:

@Jack said:

>

What do you mean?

Not Possible

Nothing is impossible.

But highly unlikely.

Depends, I like the personal touch with customer service anyway of speaking to my customers.

I think you’re the same.

OPs expectations on pricing to Hetzners cloud offering on some plans is likely not going to be met in the UK.

Aye, true.

• hexukhexuk Member

More than happy to increase the budget a little if you can’t match. Also any good European hosts who have a nice control panel i’d be willing to consider.

• hexukhexuk Member

@Jack said:
    VMHaus & HostUS are probably the only ones in the EU at the moment that I can think of that have custom in house panels.

We plan to have one come 2019.

Would it integrate with solusvm?

• @Jack said:

@Clouvider said:

@Jack said:

@ArisC said:

@hexuk said:

@florianb said:

@Jack said:

>

What do you mean?

Not Possible

Nothing is impossible.

But highly unlikely.

I think you’re the same.

Direct communication with your customers, regardless of their spend or package is always important and something to strive for. Yet, there are certain boundaries when the amount of tickets (for example) drastically exceeds the man-power the price paid makes up for. Clearly, a 2.96€ VPS does not really make up for consuming multiple minutes dedicated to the customer from a staff member.

This does not mean that I'm against providing it, nor see it as wrong. It's just something that - if the host does it - is generosity on a new level.

• @hexuk said:
    More than happy to increase the budget a little if you can’t match. Also any good European hosts who have a nice control panel i’d be willing to consider.

https://www.devcapsule.com

• ArisCArisC Member

@florianb said:

@hexuk said:

I cant find any review...

• ArisCArisC Member

@Jack said:

@ArisC said:

@florianb said:

@hexuk said:

Plenty of tweets about how decent they are.

They have a lot of outages...

• @ArisC said:

@Jack said:

@ArisC said:

@florianb said:

@hexuk said:

Plenty of tweets about how decent they are.

They have a lot of outages...

There was a high amount of outages in Los Angeles, partly out of our control (the entire building going offline due to an UPS issue). Los Angeles is to be upgraded very soon. Other locations have not experienced any total outages for over a month, any outages planned are announced in advance.

@zhujiwiki said:
    https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html,good offers,but all sold out.

@AnthonySmith of Inception had some restock recently, I’m almost confident I saw some post. Perhaps he can help with a link :-)?

• @Clouvider said:

@zhujiwiki said:
    https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html,good offers,but all sold out.

@AnthonySmith of Inception had some restock recently, I’m almost confident I saw some post. Perhaps he can help with a link :-)?

I'm chinese,he don't like me.

Thank you.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Can think of some good UK VPS providers, but none that match Hetzners cloud. Sometimes you might catch a good offer from Clouvider or Inception, but other than that it seems everything is dearer in the UK.

• @Jack said:
    @Mr_Tom power and bandwidth is more expensive in the UK also at hetzner and OVH scale I assume they’d get a decent price on transit.

Uhm, transit is the least problem of all factors.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Jack said:
    @Mr_Tom power and bandwidth is more expensive in the UK also at hetzner and OVH scale I assume they’d get a decent price on transit.

Yeah I figured power was dearer here.

OP would probably benefit from a smaller firm where they can speak with real people and get a personalised deal, but then a smaller firm is less likely to be able to match Hetzner etc prices.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@Jack said:

@florianb said:

@Jack said:

Uhm, transit is the least problem of all factors.

That was just an example of companies buying at scale would get better pricing.

Product doesn’t really matter.

If I go to (insert hardware vendor here) at say I want 10TB of DDR4, I’m going to get that probably 50-60% less than you would asking for a single 32GB DIMM.

Is that a better example?

RAM is an even worse example :D