Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unmetered 1Gbps port (KVM hopefully) VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unmetered 1Gbps port (KVM hopefully) VPS

I'm digging the bottom of the barrel for this one; so casting a wide net based upon the below:

I have some long running rclone jobs that sync about 15-20 (currently only backfilling two with 20TB between each) accounts. I am looking for something at least 512 RAM (512+ is always better), minimal disk space needed (enough for OS and some overhead, ~5GB). Location is of no importance. Bandwidth can be any blend, single provider; does not matter for my needs.

Have a service with SeverCheap right now for this purpose, but speeds have significantly dropped.

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited July 2018

@daxterfellowes said:
    I'm digging the bottom of the barrel for this one; so casting a wide net based upon the below:

I have some long running rclone jobs that sync about 15-20 (currently only backfilling two with 20TB between each) accounts. I am looking for something at least 512 RAM (512+ is always better), minimal disk space needed (enough for OS and some overhead, ~5GB). Location is of no importance. Bandwidth can be any blend, single provider; does not matter for my needs.

Have a service with SeverCheap right now for this purpose, but speeds have significantly dropped.

There have recently been quite a few threads asking for unmetered Gbit boxes.

Why don't you outline your budget for this, as it certainly isn't going to be cheap, and may cost you over a 100EUR/mo.

IMO, your best best would be to get a cheap dedicated server from OVH and pay for premium bandwidth upgrade for unmetered Gbit.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Maybe look for one of those seedbox providers who sells bare VPS.. some do.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@daxterfellows how much will you be using the port capacity?

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited July 2018

You can get nearly gigabit at scaleway for $25 a month. https://www.scaleway.com/pricing/

(C2L)

• Maybe Melbicom is an option,

1GB port shared, on average use 3TB/mo, no issue so far, but if you need more than 3TB/mo, I suggest you ticket them before buying.

Affiliate link: https://melbicom.net/?from=359 or, https://melbicom.net/

• pluushpluush Member

A cheap EU dedi at oneprovider.com, I suppose?

• @BharatB said:
    @daxterfellows how much will you be using the port capacity?

Right now I'm using about a sustained 28.8Mbps, which I am unsure if that's due to host throttling or my rclone provider. I'll probably do some tests. It's definitely fine for the price I'm paying and could even spread it out between another two of these instances. I may look into Scaleway (was using for infrastructure at the time, but decided to go with Hetzner).

Not feasible in the low end at a sustained rate, but never hurts to ask. Thanks all!

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2018

wishosting storage vm in canada should be able to let you do unmetered 250mbit(with 500mbit peaks) , but not sustained gigabit.

Have you tried Hetzner's 2.5 Euro cloud with 20TB bundled outbound? (inbound is unmetered)

• sinsin Member

Maybe tilaa.nl ?

• @vimalware said:
    wishosting storage vm in canada should be able to let you do unmetered 250mbit(with 500mbit peaks) , but not sustained gigabit.

Have you tried Hetzner's 2.5 Euro cloud with 20TB bundled outbound? (inbound is unmetered)

I have a few services with WISHosting and will probably end up with them since they've proven to be effective for my needs.

I do have Hetzner for infrastructure right now. However I do not wish to babysit the processes (beyond restarting) for bandwidth should I be rapidly approaching 20TB, but would definitely recommend them highly.

• Does anybody knows in witch datacenter melbicom sits in Moskow?

• @daxterfellowes said:

need more speeds.you should go with dedicated server.Because all VPS are sharing bandwidth.the more users on cluster,lower speed you got.