Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is there like an API for all the manufacture hardwares, CPU processor and harddrives?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is there like an API for all the manufacture hardwares, CPU processor and harddrives?

Hello mates,

Building my next personal project, do you guys know any API i can use to get list of all(relatively complete) CPU processor list? and hard drives if possible?

This might be impossible as there's a lot of hardware getting in the market. But hopefully someone's capitalizing on serving those list as an API.

Regards,

Comments

• psb777psb777 Member

Why API? If you are looking for PC hardware info, these lists might help.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

https://www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd_list.php

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • to avoid scraping those listing you just posted. but thank's a lot for that listing, was supposed to scrape wikipedia lmao.

• williewillie Member

I looked for that a while back and didn't find a good single place. I scraped cpubenchmark and can upload the data or script if you want it. Wikipedia is harder because the info is scattered across a lot of different articles, in their weird table format, and the tables don't all have the same data. Ark.intel.com is the reference source but it's again scattered all over. I basically decided it wasn't worth the effort since I can quickly find the info for any particular processor.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

PCPartPicker might be an option? Don't know if they have an (official) API, but at the very least you'd only have a single source you need to scrape.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • willie said: I scraped cpubenchmark and can upload the data or script if you want it

Awesome, I sent you a PM :D