Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for Hosting [DE-CIX Germany Connection]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for Hosting [DE-CIX Germany Connection]

Hello everyone, glad to join LET community.
I'm looking for a dedicated server with these specs.

• DE-CIX Germany connection, Frankfurt would be great if possible.
  • Dedicated server.
  • 1Gbps port.
  • UNMETERED TRAFFIC (really unmetered, no additional costs or limiting the speed above certain TBs).
  • RAM: 3-8. (I don't need more than 8 because it'll costs more and I wont use it).
  • CPU: 2-4 threads would be enough.
  • Price below 100$/m.

Thanks.

Comments

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited June 2018

Might want to take a look at IP-Projects' offerings. They are based in Frankfurt and seem to use the Accelerated infrastructure. They are one of the few providers based in Frankfurt with both unmetered bandwidth and a Gbit port. See : https://www.ip-projects.de/produkte/eco-business-server/

These boxes have better specifications than you are looking for, but they do suit your price requirements coming in at ~€70/m (including VAT).

Update: they state they regard a usage up to 5TB as "fair" (credits for pointing that to me @v3ng)

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • maxawimaxawi Member

@RickBakkr said:
    Might want to take a look at IP-Projects' offerings. They are based in Frankfurt and seem to use the Accelerated infrastructure. They are one of the few providers based in Frankfurt with both unmetered bandwidth and a Gbit port. See : https://www.ip-projects.de/produkte/eco-business-server/

These boxes have better specifications than you are looking for, but they do suit your price requirements coming in at ~€70/m (including VAT).

The problem is that I wont use more than 8gb of ram and more than 4 threads.
    It's a very good price for specs like that but I don't need high specs because of it high costs.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Unrealistic.

Given the De-cix costs from 2016 (I couldn’t find anything more recent), https://www.augiero.it/download/Eu-IXP-cost.pdf, raw cost to De-cix not including cabling, routing, switching kit, staff, power, colo and we’ll, profit, assuming 100GE port and the Eco membership (which costs another up to 2.5 k EUR a year), your budget is way below.

Edit: and I forgot a server... so add another 50 or so EUR to the above calculation

• maxawimaxawi Member

@Clouvider said:
    Unrealistic.

Given the De-cix costs from 2016 (I couldn’t find anything more recent), https://www.augiero.it/download/Eu-IXP-cost.pdf, raw cost to De-cix not including cabling, routing, switching kit, staff, power, colo and we’ll, profit, assuming 100GE port and the Eco membership (which costs another up to 2.5 k EUR a year), your budget is way below.

Edit: and I forgot a server... so add another 50 or so EUR to the above calculation

I don't get it, the guy above had a good hosting with good specs & low price + DE-CIX connection but with 5TB traffic limit. How can it be as low as 70$/m?

• shellshell Member
    edited July 2018

@maxawi said:
    I don't get it, the guy above had a good hosting with good specs & low price + DE-CIX connection but with 5TB traffic limit. How can it be as low as 70$/m?

you asking 1gbps dedicated unmetered (~320TB in + ~320TB out), compare with 5TB traffic it will cost you 60x or more only for network cost

my2c

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited July 2018

@maxawi said:
    Hello everyone, glad to join LET community.
    I'm looking for a dedicated server with these specs.

• DE-CIX Germany connection, Frankfurt would be great if possible.
    • Dedicated server.
    • 1Gbps port.
    • UNMETERED TRAFFIC (really unmetered, no additional costs or limiting the speed above certain TBs).
    • RAM: 3-8. (I don't need more than 8 because it'll costs more and I wont use it).
    • CPU: 2-4 threads would be enough.
    • Price below 70100$/m.

Thanks.

This is LowEndTalk and definitely NOT BatShitCrazyTalk. I think you posted at the wrong place.

Thanked by 3Silvest ehab mksh
  • TomTom Member

OP, do you want a host with connection to DE-CIX or to connect yourself to DE-CIX?

@Tom said:
    OP, do you want a host with connection to DE-CIX or to connect yourself to DE-CIX?

Either way 1Gbit/s unmetered won’t fly ;-)

Thanked by 1Tom
  • @Clouvider said:

@Tom said:

Either way 1Gbit/s unmetered won’t fly ;-)

If he can colo and ip transit without dedicated lines then. He can get like 100-250mbps. Maybe.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Simply not possible.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • pikepike Veteran

@maxawi doesn't seem to know the difference between dedicated and shared port. Also seems that he doesn't rly need dedicated 1G.

1G dedicated means the provider connects your server to the core router with 1G, and also reserves 1G bandwith to his upstream (which he needs to pay for). With this configuration you would be free to upload 324TB and download 324TB a month (e.g. max out the line 100% of the time)

1G shared means the provider connects your server to the core router with 1G but you share the upstream with other servers. Hetzner for example allows 30TB upload and unmetered download, and they got a direct fiber link to DE-CIX while having their DCs in Nuremberg, Falkenstein and Tsuula. This configuration still allows you to burst 1G, and works for 99% of the typical customers like you.

You could still go to accelerated or Interwerk if you prefer hosting directly in Frankfurt, but expect the traffic to be very expensive and the providers to don't like you if you really intend to use that much traffic. However we have some reps of providers in that location, @farnox @ChristianDSH @combahton_it

Thanked by 2v3ng farnox

pike said: and works for 99% of the typical customers like you.

I beg to differ. 1G unmetered, not even fair share but dedicated, defined as below by the OP :

@maxawi said:

is by no means typical, and would not work on Hetzner network.

• No. Double your budget and you might see offers from mostly-cogent-BandwidthMix providers.

• pikepike Veteran

@Clouvider said:

@maxawi said:

I guess OP needs to clarify. From what I've seen here this man could become happy with a Hetzner dedi. (even if he really needs much traffic, given that additional traffic costs 1€/TB and he won't upload at 1Gbit/s 24/7)

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited July 2018

@pike said:

@Clouvider said:

@maxawi said:

I guess OP needs to clarify. From what I've seen here this man could become happy with a Hetzner dedi. (even if he really needs much traffic, given that additional traffic costs 1€/TB and he won't upload at 1Gbit/s 24/7)

OP clarified, that’s the thing, and Hetzner is an absolute non-starter for his requirements, yet you push it to him.

The absolute minimum for such Config is £200 and it’s something a substantial network, like ours, can provide ‘at cost’ price, with quality, but that’s more than double OP budget so there’s that.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • maxawimaxawi Member

@K4Y5 said:
    This is LowEndTalk and definitely NOT BatShitCrazyTalk. I think you posted at the wrong place.

I've already found a host in Romania that has dedicated 1gbps port and good specs for 30€/m + unmetered traffic with no limitations. But I don't want my server to be hosted in Romania, I thought I'd find same host specs but in Germany even if it cost a bit more.

• pikepike Veteran

q.e.d

Thanked by 1bjo
  • maxawimaxawi Member

@pike said:
    @maxawi doesn't seem to know the difference between dedicated and shared port. Also seems that he doesn't rly need dedicated 1G.

1G dedicated means the provider connects your server to the core router with 1G, and also reserves 1G bandwith to his upstream (which he needs to pay for). With this configuration you would be free to upload 324TB and download 324TB a month (e.g. max out the line 100% of the time)

1G shared means the provider connects your server to the core router with 1G but you share the upstream with other servers. Hetzner for example allows 30TB upload and unmetered download, and they got a direct fiber link to DE-CIX while having their DCs in Nuremberg, Falkenstein and Tsuula. This configuration still allows you to burst 1G, and works for 99% of the typical customers like you.

You could still go to accelerated or Interwerk if you prefer hosting directly in Frankfurt, but expect the traffic to be very expensive and the providers to don't like you if you really intend to use that much traffic. However we have some reps of providers in that location, @farnox @ChristianDSH @combahton_it

The problem with 1G shared port is that sometimes the host may not have guaranteed speed, yes it might burst but it may end up you having a very slow connection if the host doesn't guarantee specific speed for you. Or if the host might make you pay more or limit the speed if you are using a lot of bandwidth. That's why I wan't dedi 1G port + unmetered.

If you've got a host with shared 1G and good guaranteed speed + unmetered as I described above then I'd be greatful because it doesn't seem like I'm going to find any host if I want 1G dedi port with the price I want.

Thanks

• pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2018

@maxawi said:
    If you've got a host with shared 1G and good guaranteed speed + unmetered as I described above then I'd be greatful because it doesn't seem like I'm going to find any host if I want 1G dedi port with the price I want.

Thanks

You are right about that. Your 1G dedicated port (in romania) might be exactly that. Don't expect a provider to not oversell their external connection at a low price.

Hetzner is only unmetered download, upload is limited to 20-30TB, additional upload costs 1€/TB.

https://robot.your-server.de/order/market/country/OTHER

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • mkshmksh Member

@maxawi said:

@K4Y5 said:

I've already found a host in Romania that has dedicated 1gbps port and good specs for 30€/m + unmetered traffic with no limitations. But I don't want my server to be hosted in Romania, I thought I'd find same host specs but in Germany even if it cost a bit more.

Hint: You are either being lied to or the host will soon be bankrupt. The port is oversold. Anything even near a dedicated gbit is simply not possible at this price. Just accept that and move on.

Thanked by 2Clouvider vimalware
  • Actually it's quite possible to get 1gbps in romania pretty cheap. We had some exchange students here in Germany and they told us their home isp is 1gbit for like 10-20€/m with unlimited data cap. Tho traffic/speed outside of romania is slow as fuck.

• zkyezzkyez Member

The traffic outside Romania isn't slow at all but not gig either. You can easily do 600 Mbps international traffic.

• lionlion Member

@blackjack4494 said:
    Actually it's quite possible to get 1gbps in romania pretty cheap. We had some exchange students here in Germany and they told us their home isp is 1gbit for like 10-20€/m with unlimited data cap. Tho traffic/speed outside of romania is slow as fuck.

You can't compare residential connections with DC ones

Thanked by 2Clouvider pike
  • pikepike Veteran

@lion said:
    You can't compare residential connections with DC ones

Depends on the DC, hehe.