Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is hostsolutions still arround?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is hostsolutions still arround?

I've ordered dedi server with 50% Promo code, server was delivered within 10 hours. But once it got delivered i'm forever stuck on "Reinstall (running)" thing. No matter what, tried to reboot the Server via Web panel. Nothing.

Asking because i tried to contact their support two times already. But no reply for over 15+ hours now. Usually their support is really fast with replies.

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

be patience. Support time with them will vary. @Cociu is still around. And if you opened a ticket and bumped it already, you got yourself again to the bottom of the line.

• pikepike Veteran

@thammy321 said:
    Usually their support is really fast with replies.

Doubt that, most times I needed support it took 2+ days.

• pike said: Doubt that, most times I needed support it took 2+ days.

The first time i contacted them (about 2 months ago), i got a reply within 30mins always.

Might Marius be on holiday, who knows :P

• ehabehab Member

i was also stuck and decided to cancel. I know that you must not select debian. Try centos.

• Make sure you dont bump your ticket. It puts you all the way at the bottom of the que.

• ehab said: i was also stuck and decided to cancel. I know that you must not select debian. Try centos.

I've been trying to install Centos 6 latest version since the morning :/

• williewillie Member

Yeah ticket responses with small hosts in general can take a while. I don't see why there should be a problem with installing debian on a dedi though. There are known issues with installing/upgrading recent debian versions on openvz vps, but that is different. I have a storage vps with them (older debian version from their template) and I just ssh'd into it and it's working fine.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:
    Yeah ticket responses with small hosts in general can take a while.

nah...

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2018

You need to be patient, I waited 1 week for a response.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Take this dirty cheap server as is. You bought an extremely cheap service, a dedicated server for peanuts. So, don't expect quick support. My server with them is working flawless after having some issues in the beginning.
    And, as I see, it is a new service for you, so, you don't have any critical business in there that will make you lose millions every second the service is not responding, so wait a bit.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@jvnadr said:
    You bought an extremely cheap service, a dedicated server for peanuts.

May I get both, dedicated server and peanuts, for cheap? It's useless to get peanuts if I don't get something to crack them, hence the dedicated server.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

default said: May I get both, dedicated server and peanuts, for cheap? It's useless to get peanuts if I don't get something to crack them, hence the dedicated server.

hahaha, believe it or not, I still have this ol' nice HP laptop, I guess the excact same model! It is still in my office for secondary tasks and, usually, for audio streaming in live transmissions we do in the radio station I work to!
    But, hmmm, I will probably won't use it for this, I will mostly use a nut-cracker instead of the lcd screen...

• cociucociu Member
    edited July 2018

Hello @thammy321 , for support you will must to wait the tiket response. Usually (except weekends) we respond between 24 hours. Is true in the last month we had delay more due of some upgrades what we have made but the response will came. Please note : if you push in the tiket this will tard more so try to open a tiket and dont replay until you get the answer.

Thanked by 1thammy321
  • Big thanks to @cociu for help. Awesome guy. Thanks again ;)