Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help finding (NAT) VPS for OpenVPN (yearly payment)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help finding (NAT) VPS for OpenVPN (yearly payment)

Hi there,

I'm looking for help choosing a cheap, reliable and unmanaged VPS (annual PayPal payment) for the main purpose as an OpenVPN server.

My budget is max €15 yearly. I've already done some research here on LowEndTalk and LowEndBox to find that (correct me if incorrect) a NAT VPS at 128 MB would do the job.

Current candidates are: InceptionHosting, RamNode and QuadHost (i-83.net, @i83). I was about to buy a 1 GB RAM Standard NAT VPS at £12.50 yearly from i-83.net/QuadHost (for more usage than only an OpenVPN server) but quickly searched for customer reviews.

One customer disrecommended the service because of major downtimes. I'd like to ask if this is still an issue? Or would any of you recommend QuadHost/i-83.net for me?

Feel free to give other suggestions on providers that offer a reliable, cheap yearly payment (NAT) VPS at minimum 128 MB - but as my max budget is €15, I'd consider buying more RAM as long as the price meets my budget - like the £12.50 annual NAT VPS from QuadHost/i-83.net :)

If possible, could you also explain if a NAT VPS easily can be set up for public access from an IPv4 or if the IPv6 adress (if that is public?) works as well? I'm new to this, so I apology for the, perhaps, stupid questions :D

Thanks a lot!
Kind regards,
Casper.

Thanked by 1i83

Comments

• MxlMxl Member

mr.vm is good.

Thanked by 2Casper mikho
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

No, i won't recommend QuadHost. But you could add GestionDBI @DavidGestionDBI and MrVM @mikho to your list. Those are solid providers. Well, basically i recommend everyone but QuadHost.

Thanked by 3Casper mikho vimalware
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

Hello @Casper, we can provide a 256MB KVM VPS with IPv4 + v6 for $15/Year. Why Go NAT when you can have v4 within your budget. Deploy now https://bonsai.vmhaus.com/ UK & US

VMH-256MB
    1 CPU Core
    256MB DDR
    5GB NVMe Disk
    1TB BW
    1 IPv4
    /64 IPv6
    $15/Year

Thanked by 1Casper
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

If you are gonna pay 15$/year no need to go NAT. Get something like Arubacloud for 12€/year. If NAT no need to go for anything more than 256mb-512mb for personal openvpn server. Save the money or pick a vps for 15$/year with dedicated IPv4 and use it for something else as well.

That being said InceptionHosting NAT has been great for me. i-83 was good too (while I was using them).

Thanked by 1Casper
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

vmhaus said: Why Go NAT when you can have v4 within your budget.

Because you can get 5 x 128mb VPS in 5 locations for just €10 if you go NAT?

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&bid=11

:)

Other options: https://lowendspirit.com/locations.html

• CasperCasper Member

Thanks for the help everyone! @vmhaus seems interesting, your website gave me a good first impression - I will indeed consider your $15/year plan. Thanks for disrecommending QuadHost and giving me some other alternatives so quickly! :)

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

I have two of the 15$ VMhaus plans and they are running great.

Thanked by 2Casper vmhaus
  • CasperCasper Member
    edited June 2018

@v3ng said:
    I have two of the 15$ VMhaus plans and they are running great.

Thanks for letting me know! :)

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited June 2018

I'm using few of gullohosting ( @Cam) 2$ per year plans and they work very well for VPN. I also havent noticed any downtime in cca 6mo since I got them.

Thanked by 1Casper
  • ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited July 2018
    Dedicated RAM: 768MB

vSwap: 768MB

HW RAID10 HDD (Storage): 40GB 

Premium Bandwidth: 2000GB

CPU Cores: 2 Cores 

IPv4 Space: 1 IP 

Public Uplink: 1000Mbps 

SolusVM Control Panel: Included 

Management: Self-Managed 

Full Root/SSH Access: Included 

Price: $12/year

(Hosted in LAX QuadraNET)

https://www.alpharacks.com/myrack/cart.php

I am not affiliated at all with AlphaRacks.

Thanked by 1Casper
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Casper said:
    Hi there,

I'm looking for help choosing a cheap, reliable and unmanaged VPS (annual PayPal payment) for the main purpose as an OpenVPN server.

My budget is max €15 yearly. I've already done some research here on LowEndTalk and LowEndBox to find that (correct me if incorrect) a NAT VPS at 128 MB would do the job.

Current candidates are: InceptionHosting, RamNode and QuadHost (i-83.net, @i83). I was about to buy a 1 GB RAM Standard NAT VPS at £12.50 yearly from i-83.net/QuadHost (for more usage than only an OpenVPN server) but quickly searched for customer reviews.

One customer disrecommended the service because of major downtimes. I'd like to ask if this is still an issue? Or would any of you recommend QuadHost/i-83.net for me?

Feel free to give other suggestions on providers that offer a reliable, cheap yearly payment (NAT) VPS at minimum 128 MB - but as my max budget is €15, I'd consider buying more RAM as long as the price meets my budget - like the £12.50 annual NAT VPS from QuadHost/i-83.net :)

If possible, could you also explain if a NAT VPS easily can be set up for public access from an IPv4 or if the IPv6 adress (if that is public?) works as well? I'm new to this, so I apology for the, perhaps, stupid questions :D

Thanks a lot!
    Kind regards,
    Casper.

Since people here has recommended me as an alternative, I am willing to offer you a bundle deal. All my 8 locations for your €15/year.

I am a part of LowendSpirit so you can check my latest offer thread for looking glass links or like

Thanked by 3kkrajk Casper vimalware
  • CasperCasper Member
    edited July 2018

@ehhthing said:

Dedicated RAM: 768MB

vSwap: 768MB

HW RAID10 HDD (Storage): 40GB 

Premium Bandwidth: 2000GB

CPU Cores: 2 Cores 

IPv4 Space: 1 IP 

Public Uplink: 1000Mbps 

SolusVM Control Panel: Included 

Management: Self-Managed 

Full Root/SSH Access: Included 

Price: $12/year

(Hosted in LAX QuadraNET)

https://www.alpharacks.com/myrack/cart.php

I am not affiliated at all with AlphaRacks.

AlphaRacks has bad customer reviews, so I'll stay away from it. Thanks for the help though!

Also, thanks @mikho for the offer, but I think that I'll be using the VPS for other stuff than just an OpenVPN server from now on, and I'm willing to buy a more powerful server with a max budget of $30. Therefore, this thread should no longer be considered as active :) Thanks though, I will perhaps submit a new thread for requesting new offers on my new budget.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Casper said:
    Also, thanks @mikho for the offer, but I think that I'll be using the VPS for other stuff than just an OpenVPN server from now on, and I'm willing to buy a more powerful server with a max budget of $30. Therefore, this thread should no longer be considered as active :) Thanks though, I will perhaps submit a new thread for requesting new offers on my new budget.

Get the 256mb package. :)
    8 locations and I’ll match your budget.