Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS reviews

klikliklikli Member
edited June 2018 in Providers

Yes I know "you need to do your homework" blah blah but I wonder what people's recent experience with them has been?

I did my Googling and apparently the support times are not as fast as they used to be. (click me or me) Just wondering what people's experience has been recently.

Looking for some dirt-cheap quality VPS in the APAC region. Hopefully something with 3~4 hrs ticket turnarounds during office hours.

Comments

• are you going to flirt the support staff by paying dirt cheap hosting and expect immediate respond?

• kendidkendid Veteran
    edited June 2018

I have had a couple of VPS's with them for a couple of years. No major problems. The one vm does not restart by itself if the server is rebooted and I have to restart it using the control panel. Never contacted support about it, but other than that - no problems at all.

• TomTom Member

Alex and Andrew from HostUS are 10/10.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited June 2018

@kendid said:
    I have had a couple of VPS's with them for a couple of years. No major problems. The one vm does not restart by itself if the server is rebooted and I have to restart it using the control panel. Never contacted support about it, but other than that - no problems at all.

Had same problem with one of their KVM. Had to contact support multiple times to get it solved but it worked in the end.

• barkbark Member

Have three yearly services with them Singapore, Hong Kong, & London.. Support admins are professional, helpful, and energetic. Excellent across the board.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • vovlervovler Member

I've been with HostUs, and their service and support is quality.

Either way, as always, people expect the world for the price of one coffee

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • sail smoothly with HostUS, responsive support and i have several location with them. +1

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • been with them for almost an year now, never had any issues. Alexander is always around if you need any help.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • I had a problem with my VPS with CPanel. For some reason the entire disk was read only after a few minutes after starting the system.
    The first time Andrew answered me in 1 hour, the following times passed days and no answer.
    Finally I canceled the service and migrated my server.
    Regrettable

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for the kind words everybody :). Please send a PM if you would like to discuss something.

Alexander

• My three months experience with openvz in Netherland and no need for support. Everything is working. Happy with them. :)

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I got a BF deal a while back and then renewed it because @AlexanderM's service has been reliable and problem-free.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • ouvounouvoun Member
    edited July 2018

I've been with them for about a year and have been quite impressed. I wanted a server for a specific use case and they were gracious enough to grant me a provision even though it was technically against their ToS. Their support has always been consistent in responding within a couple of hours, and are always helpful in trying to solve my issues (especially Leo, thanks man!).

They even support Docker on their OpenVZ 6 nodes, and OpenVZ 7 on their Atlanta nodes. The hardware is great, and the network is reliable and fast. It's the best server I've ever owned for the price.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

My last three tickets were answered within 3-4 hours. IMO that's pretty good for the budget.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Very nice provider, and their services are pretty good.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • three years with hostus, and no problem. so far so good.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM