Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me sort out pricing and different packages
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me sort out pricing and different packages

khazaakhazaa Member
edited June 2018 in General

Hello there. I am currently setting up a little business again, and i want your tips on my packages and pricing. All my nodes are based in Germany, and nodes are hosted at 10gbit dedicated ports. Each vm gets a gbit port, with 300mbit guaranteed bandwith, and a dedicated ipv4 adress (possible with multible adresses)

I am using proxmox, so customers can start / stop and check statistics. I dont have any plans on growing big, this will just be a hobby for me and a good friend of mine. When that is said, i have been running servers for 10 years now, and i have a idea of what i am doing, but i am in no way a professional host.

Our plan is to offer cheap hosting for non critical data, for example hobbyusers, gameservers and so on. We are also going to provide webspace with cpanel (here with cluster, 100% uptime), teamspeak3 hosting and some other things.

We are right now doing a price list, and i want your opinion on the prices and specs we are going to provide. Please note that this is NOT AN ADD in any way. We just ordered the domain we will be using, and havent even started setting up the website yet.

Basic vps :

1vcore, 1gb ram, 25gb ssd - 3 Eur / month

1vcore, 2gb ram, 50gb ssd - 5 Eur / month

2vcore, 4gb ram, 100gb ssd - 8 Eur / month

Performance :

4vcore, 4gb ram, 150gb ssd - 12 Eur / month

6vcore, 6gb ram, 200gb ssd - 15 Eur / month

8vcore, 8gb ram, 250gb ssd - 20 Eur / month

12vcore, 12gb ram, 300gb ssd, 25 Eur / month

16vcore, 16gb ram, 500gb ssd, 35 Eur / month

Storage :

1vcore, 1gb ram, 500gb HDD - 5Eur / month

1vcore, 2gb ram, 1000gb HDD - 9Eur / month

2vcore, 2gb ram, 2000gb HDD - 15 Eur / month

4vcore, 4gb ram, 5000gb HDD - 25 Eur / month

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@khazaa said:
    Hello there. I am currently setting up a little business again, and i want your tips on my packages and pricing. All my nodes are based in Germany, and nodes are hosted at 10gbit dedicated ports. Each vm gets a gbit port, with 300mbit guaranteed bandwith, and a dedicated ipv4 adress (possible with multible adresses)

I am using proxmox, so customers can start / stop and check statistics. I dont have any plans on growing big, this will just be a hobby for me and a good friend of mine. When that is said, i have been running servers for 10 years now, and i have a idea of what i am doing, but i am in no way a professional host.

Our plan is to offer cheap hosting for non critical data, for example hobbyusers, gameservers and so on. We are also going to provide webspace with cpanel (here with cluster, 100% uptime), teamspeak3 hosting and some other things.

We are right now doing a price list, and i want your opinion on the prices and specs we are going to provide. Please note that this is NOT AN ADD in any way. We just ordered the domain we will be using, and havent even started setting up the website yet.

Basic vps :

Performance :

Storage :

Are you on LowEndBusinessConsultants?

Also,

• khazaakhazaa Member

Never even heard about that...

@K4Y5 said:

@khazaa said:

Basic vps :

Performance :

Storage :

Also,

• Yes with free windows 2016

• khazaakhazaa Member

@corbpie said:
    Yes with free windows 2016

I do not provide windows licenses. Though, i dont care how you activate it. I can do the install though.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@khazaa said:
    Never even heard about that...

@K4Y5 said:

@khazaa said:

Basic vps :

Performance :

Storage :

Also,

Open a ticket and ask all about LowEndBusinessConsultants here - https://support.lowendtalk.com

• mkshmksh Member

Is your network fast my man?

• khazaakhazaa Member
    edited June 2018

@mksh said:
    Is your network fast my man?

Hosted on Hetzners top range servers with a 10gbit link instead of 1gbit. So it should be okay. i give 1gbit port to each vm, and a 200mbit guarantee at a minimum. But normally you should get 500-1000mbit

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@K4Y5 said:
    Open a ticket and ask all about LowEndBusinessConsultants here - https://support.lowendtalk.com

Please don't. We get enough bull shittery in there as it is :P

@khazaa - expect few to none serious answers in this thread btw. Especially at this time on a weekend while all the trolls are out to play ;)

• khazaakhazaa Member
    edited June 2018

@MasonR said:

@K4Y5 said:

Please don't. We get enough bull shittery in there as it is :P

@khazaa - expect few to none serious answers in this thread btw. Especially at this time on a weekend while all the trolls are out to play ;)

I am used to that.. But after 100 trolls, there might be one good user here who can give me a serious reply. So i give it a shot. Also, i am not doing this to make a shitload of cash either. I am doing this because i like it, and it will be a good way to fund my personal servers who i run websites, plex and some other stuff on.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

Well, that's what they say before they screw up and run anyway.

If you had to ask this. If you want others, complete strangers, to dictate your own business plan, then you deserve all the trolls you get.

Thanked by 1Silvest
  • khazaakhazaa Member

@deank said:
    Well, that's what they say before they screw up and run anyway.

If you had to ask this. If you want others, complete strangers, to dictate your own business plan, then you deserve all the trolls you get.

Gratz, the most useless reply so far today.

If you read my post again, you will see that what i am asking for, is what people want, and what they will pay for it. Not a business plan.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

If you are being paid for a service, that's a business regardless how you wish to brand it.

Even a lemonade stand stand is a business.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@khazaa said:

@corbpie said:

I do not provide windows licenses. Though, i dont care how you activate it. I can do the install though.

Then you’re in breach of the license already. Great job.

• saibalsaibal Member

@khazaa said:

@corbpie said:

• mkshmksh Member

Well, another problem i see is pricing. Why would anyone choose you over Hetzner themselves? Specs of you basic VPS seem to be more expensive than Hetzner cloud instances (who cares for a couple more GB disk?) while at 25€ you can pretty much buy your own dedi. Yeah likely only with 8 threads but also not subject to fair use, more RAM and full gigabit networking.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@mksh said:
    Well, another problem i see is pricing. Why would anyone choose you over Hetzner themselves? Specs of you basic VPS seem to be more expensive than Hetzner cloud instances (who cares for a couple more GB disk?) while at 25€ you can pretty much buy your own dedi. Yeah likely only with 8 threads but also not subject to fair use, more RAM and full gigabit networking.

Usually new providers are given the advice not to compete about price with the big players but rather quality. So I could imagine that peole would choose his service if they want a solid infrastructure/hw (as it's from Hetzner) and superb personal support, maybe hand-holding, some free extras.. That's usually the reason people go for the smaller companies. Unless you are at LET where debian thx and lowest price is what most people are looking for.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • mkshmksh Member

@Ympker said:

@mksh said:

Usually new providers are given the advice not to compete about price with the big players but rather quality. So I could imagine that peole would choose his service if they want a solid infrastructure/hw (as it's from Hetzner) and superb personal support, maybe hand-holding, some free extras.. That's usually the reason people go for the smaller companies. Unless you are at LET where debian thx and lowest price is what most people are looking for.

Yeah, you have a point there. If he can provide that extra hand holding it might make sense for some people. I guess he could also provide more features (hard but a little this or that should be possible - like maybe official Devuan support hinthint). Still, he needs to think about this imo. Also he didn't ask reasonable people. He asked LET ;)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • khazaakhazaa Member

My idea why people would use me instead of for example Hetzner, is personal support with issues, installations, and so on. Also, you have one person as a contact, making it easier to communicate. Also, you dont have to worry about backups, the hardware, the network and so on. It is also possible to scale virtual machines from me, so you would never pay more than you really need.

I also experience that the few customers i have, want more storage, thats why i have more storage than alot of other providers.

On top of that, i live in Norway. There is not many companies in Norway delivering cheap virtual machines, because services like that is expensive as fuck here. I also build some webpages and things like that.

I have just ordered a new domain name, and i will host 1 norwegian and one english version here. www.vpsnode.no

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited July 2018

khazaa said: On top of that, i live in Norway. There is not many companies in Norway delivering cheap virtual machines, because services like that is expensive as fuck here.

You live in Norway, but offer VMs out of servers hosted in Germany (Which can directly be purchased at lower rates, quite easily) - while claiming to be cheaper than Norwegian competitors offering VMs hosted locally?

I am sorry, but that is the single dumbest thing I have read today.

• khazaakhazaa Member

@K4Y5 said:

khazaa said: On top of that, i live in Norway. There is not many companies in Norway delivering cheap virtual machines, because services like that is expensive as fuck here.

You live in Norway, but offer VMs out of servers hosted in Germany (Which can directly be purchased at lower rates, quite easily) - while claiming to be cheaper than Norwegian competitors offering VMs hosted locally?

For a Norwegian customer, it is not. To get cheaper prices and norwegian support is something people want. If you think that is dumb, then you should check your head..

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

@khazaa said:

@K4Y5 said:

For a Norwegian customer, it is not. To get cheaper prices and norwegian support is something people want. If you think that is dumb, then you should check your head..

Ugly.

Because someone disagrees with you, you’re saying that they should have their head checked ?

Are you serious mate ?

Learn to take criticism...

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • Clouvider said: Learn to take criticism...

Especially on LET :) In any case, LETting things roll off your back is a skill which is definitely needed in order to do good business.

Thanked by 2Clouvider vimalware