Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should LET users be allowed to discuss policies on LET?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Should LET users be allowed to discuss policies on LET?

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Curious about your thoughts guys. Weigh in as you please.

Comments

• Not when the owner is clearly so scared.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@lbft said:
    Not when the owner is clearly so scared.

That would be my assessment as well.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

he clearly just said no advertising vpsb. Is that so hard to get through your thick skull?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Discuss all you want, however our consistent policy that blatant spam and advertisement of Manndude's website will not be allowed. If Jarland and Manndude continue to do so they will receive a temporary ban.

If you want to discuss the community and improving it will real thoughts and suggestions we are all ears.

@CVPS_Chris said:
    he clearly just said no advertising vpsb. Is that so hard to get through your think skull?

I never saw him say he was making a user group to drop the link from people's signatures. Could you link me?

• MunMun Member
    edited October 2013

Well, since we all know what the fuck this thread is about. Let me ask you, is it acceptable for me to plaster an ad for CVPS on Catalysthost's website? No, it's a conflict of interest. Get over your little pissy fits.

Mun

@jbiloh said:
    Discuss all you want, however our consistent policy that blatant spam and advertisement of Manndude's website will not be allowed. If Jarland and Manndude continue to do so they will receive a temporary ban.

If you want to discuss the community and improving it will real thoughts and suggestions we are all ears.

I'm not advertising shit. I'm protesting your dictatorship of what was once a community.

@jarland said:
    I'm not advertising shit. I'm protesting your dictatorship of what was once a community.

Thanks for your perspective.

• advertisement of Manndude's website

So is LET going to ban all links in sigs then?

• This all seems like a case of the Streisand effect...

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

Jarland stop starting topics about censorship. There is no censorship on LET...none at all so stop opening topics about censorship...to prove there is no censorship, here is part of a PM I sent someone a few days ago. :P

My IP was mysteriously banned in cloudflare a few weeks ago shortly after I posted in the last CVPS offer. Coincidence.

cloudflare:

Error 1006 Access denied What happened? The owner of this website (lowendtalk.com) has banned your IP address ().

Error 1006 Access denied What happened? The owner of this website (www.lowendbox.com) has banned your IP address ().

EarthVPN to the rescue.

Thanked by 1jar

@Mun said:
    Well, since we all know what the fuck this thread is about. Let me ask you, is it acceptable for me to plaster an ad for CVPS on Catalysthost's website? No, it's a conflict of interest. Get over your little pissy fits.

Mun

This isn't the CVPS website.

• There are no alternatives to Low End Talk. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

• @jarland said:
    Curious about your thoughts guys. Weigh in as you please.

there is feedback and suggestions thread

• MunMun Member

@jbiloh said:

LOL, improving LET? I am sorry, this is a shit hole. You have run it into the ground, and frankly all I have seen since your little company has owned it is greater and greater fuck ups. Frankly, I don't even frequent either place anymore. What a waste of a community.

Mun

• @terafire said:
    There are no alternatives to Low End Talk. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

Strength is IRONY!

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

vpsb is to LEB/T as is CVPS is to Catalyst. Maybe you cant wrap your head around that one

• MunMun Member

@jarland said:
    This isn't the CVPS website.

Correct, it is a forum for vps related matters, and so is vpsboard.com. It still is a conflict of interest.

Mun

@DomainBop your issue with cloudflare is just that, a cloudflare problem. If the problem persists (and I have heard 1 other similar report) please let us know and we will get it resolved.

@mun you're welcome to say anything you like, promote any company you like and say anything negative about ColoCrossing you like. What won't be tolerated is blatant spamming/advertising for a competing website. That's not content, discussion, or anything valuable for that matter.

• MunMun Member

@jbiloh said:
    DomainBop your issue with cloudflare is just that, a cloudflare problem. If the problem persists (and I have heard 1 other similar report) please let us know and we will get it resolved.

mun you're welcome to say anything you like, promote any company you like and say anything negative about ColoCrossing you like. What won't be tolerated is blatant spamming/advertising for a competing website. That's not content, discussion, or anything valuable for that matter.

I really would like to see the gentlemen in you, instead of blatantly lying to my face. In the past you had a user who constantly made threads in regards to CVPS. Both users were banned for bringing up drama on this site, yet CVPS still is allowed to post, while the other person is still banned. Frankly, you say this place is free to talk, but it isn't.

In regards to the mods who like to say "it is what you make it." You are right, I made it into a place of truth by placing an actual statement, while you little fuck tards keep skimming things over.

Mun

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

Oh FFS. I don't want to advertise here. I never post here. But on the rare occasion, something requires my response and I always notice my signature gone. Out of principal I always add it back.

Jon, it's comical that you're so worried about vpsBoard. It is not meant to be a LET replacement. I never wanted it to 'compete with' LET. I even have a general dislike for the 'low end' market and the stupid $7/mo limit that has turned the industry into shit offers.

I would never, EVER censor links to LET, LEB, CC, CVPS, or anything else. Unsure why you feel the need to do it here.

• Since when is LET in competition with other communities? That I don't understand. Isn't it just a community to discuss hosting related things/issues? That's all I see at least.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Let's just say it's a conflict of interest that a colocation provider should have the final word in what deals get posted on the internet, representing a fair market. It's kind of like Microsoft owning an Operating System review magazine. Or Phillip Morris running a top cigarette brand blog.

• MunMun Member

@Jade_G said:
    Since when is LET in competition with other communities? That I don't understand. Isn't it just a community to discuss hosting related things/issues? That's all I see at least.

competitors:

vpsboard.com
    96mb.com
    wht
    (many others)

LE* is a business now.

Mun

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Jade_G said:
    Since when is LET in competition with other communities? That I don't understand. Isn't it just a community to discuss hosting related things/issues? That's all I see at least.

I see other people with signatures that link to blogs, sites, etc that is related.

They better remove signatures / links to VPS providers that don't utilize CC too, while they're at it.

I haven't had a signature in a while. Explain to me why someone saw me added to that group. I repeat, clusters do not make user groups. You singled out a bunch of people you don't like and made a specific effort to silence them in relation to a topic. I have never heard you say that any mention of vpsboard would not be tolerated, just like I have heard no mention that webhostingtalk would not be tolerated. So really, be real with me here if you want to shut me up, explain yourself. Put it all on the table and end it right.

Go read my response to the other thread you just started. It's perfectly clear.

edited October 2013

Define advertising. Because putting websites you frequent in your signature and then engaging in actual conversation has not been banned in the past. You say you said it repeatedly. Show me before today. Show me the rule. Show me where you said I can't put vpsboard in my signature.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

@CVPS_Chris said:
    vpsb is to LEB/T as is CVPS is to Catalyst. Maybe you cant wrap your head around that one

Honestly I don't see CVPS as a competitor, we are in a completely different market. I have even sent clients to CVPS in the past. We have also sent clients to Ramnode and BuyVM. So I don't buy this whole competition thing. There is enough business to go around. If someone wants fast SSD I send them to Ramnode, if they want DDOS filtering and just a all around awesome VPS I send them to BuyVM, if they want a 2GB for $2.50 I send them to CVPS. It is all about doing your part to try and fit clients where they can get the service they are looking for. They will remember that you helped them find the right vps and keep you in mind when your VPS fits their need.

Personally VPSBoard and LET are complete opposites and I see no possible way that they can be seen as competitors. Two different VPS Markets.

Thanked by 2MannDude Zigara
  • ZigaraZigara Member
    edited October 2013

@jarland said:
    @jbiloh said:
    Thanks for your perspective.

It's not just his perspective. It's what LET/LEB has become.

vpsBoard is a VPS forum. I do not see anything stating it's for low end budget offers. It says 'Friendly VPS forum with VPS tutorials, VPS reviews, and a wealth of information.'. What if someone had linked to WHT?

It's pretty clear Jon just has it out for vpsBoard.

@CVPS_Chris said:

Typical arrogance from Chris. Your ego is too big for your own good.

This discussion has been closed.