Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OpenSource] Global Server Manager in Laravel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OpenSource] Global Server Manager in Laravel

rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Hello fellow LET'ers,

Been working on something that would be beneficial to all of us who manage multiple VM/Servers with different providers. Thus, would like to know your opinion on this :)

I know that there are "global managers" for SolusVM, however, I actually needed it for others as well (e.g. Hetzner, ovh, scaleway, vultr, DO, etc) and also to add additional features that I would require without having to visit their panel.

The idea is to build something for the community (which is self-hosted), and place it on github, and for those interested - they will be able to help make it grow.

Currently, the panel (written in Laravel), aims to integrate with Hetzner, OVH, Scaleway, Vultr, DO, and Solusvm to shows servers stats and provides you with actions - e.g. reboot, boot, poweroff, reinstall, etc.

On top of that, there are some SSH commands (ping, trace route, nslookup, etc) that can be fired using your own SSH Keys.

A bonus is that it is quite easy to add any additional providers (as well as dedicated servers) - as long as they have good API documentation :)

If you think that there is something else that you would like to have, let me know, and I will do my best.

Thanks!

Comments

• imokimok Member

I was going to build the same but it looks like I won't :D

Great job! It will be better if you add Virtualizor.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@imok said:

Well, we can all work on those pull requests on github :)

Thanks! Will definitely look into Virtualizor .. first I have to find a provider that uses it :)

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Looks very good! Is the code available yet or is it still very much in development?

@Mr_Tom said:
    Looks very good! Is the code available yet or is it still very much in development?

The code is functional and available, however - there are more things to be added.

Once that is done, I will push it over at github. Probably after the weekend though.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • imokimok Member

@rsk said:

@imok said:

Thanks! Will definitely look into Virtualizor .. first I have to find a provider that uses it :)

Will be happy to contribute.

There was a free KVM from @awmusic12635 who is using Virtualizor, it will be great if he can accommodate a seat, I can transfer mine if is needed. It will be a good opportunity to test the API
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/147326/impact-vps-nvme-kvm-beta-rewards-for-participating

• BruceBruce Member

pm me if you need a test vm with virtualizor

edited June 2018

@imok said:

@rsk said:

@imok said:

Will be happy to contribute.

There was a free KVM from @awmusic12635 who is using Virtualizor, it will be great if he can accommodate a seat, I can transfer mine if is needed. It will be a good opportunity to test the API
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/147326/impact-vps-nvme-kvm-beta-rewards-for-participating

Thanks @imok !

@Bruce said:
    pm me if you need a test vm with virtualizor

Thanks @Bruce , I will let you know when I am done with OVH, DO, Solus. Currently finished the integrations with Hetzner, Vultr, Scaleway

• Looks awesome and is something I was tempted to start building but could never really be bothered. Let us all know when its on github and I'll see if I can spend some spare time throwing some code at it :-)

@lukehebb said:
    Looks awesome and is something I was tempted to start building but could never really be bothered. Let us all know when its on github and I'll see if I can spend some spare time throwing some code at it :-)

Thanks! I was tempted for a while too - I guess its due to our busy days, but finally managed to pull through :)

Will surely let everyone know when it lands on github, and will appreciate all the contributions.

Thanked by 2Mr_Tom lukehebb
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Hey you are using Laravel, that's how is done Sir. What JS ? Vue, jQuery, Angular, React?

• khazaakhazaa Member

Will give you a free vm in Proxmox if you want to code for that also.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Looks great!
    Can you add a field or something for Provider, so we can easily track the VM's?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Wow!

This is so good!

Have you thought of a name? Global Server Manager sounds too generic :D

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited June 2018

It looks really helpful. Looking forward to trying it out :-)

Thanked by 1rsk
  • Looks great, I'm also looking forwards to trying it out 👍

Are the ssh commands hardcoded or could they be easily modified by an luser such as myself?

@raindog308 said:

As a bonus, there would be a WHMCS plugin where users could click a button and receive a benchmark mailed to them.

• VinnyletjeVinnyletje Member
    edited June 2018

Maybe you can get a fancy logo from here

• imokimok Member

@Vinnyletje said:
    Maybe you can get a fancy logo from here

Or just write the name on Helvetica.

@Hxxx said:
    Hey you are using Laravel, that's how is done Sir. What JS ? Vue, jQuery, Angular, React?

Js/jquery

@khazaa said:
    Will give you a free vm in Proxmox if you want to code for that also.

Thanks for the offer. I will keep it in mind - have to finish the current integrations for now.

@MikePT said:
    Looks great!
    Can you add a field or something for Provider, so we can easily track the VM's?

Its already there. Thinking of even providing a direct link to the providers client area :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@BlaZe said:
    Wow!

This is so good!

Have you thought of a name? Global Server Manager sounds too generic :D

Ive got a couple of names in mind. However I am more interested in functionality ;)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

If you need a Virtualizor VM, ready to provide one for free to let you integrate your panel. Simply PM me

edited June 2018

@kaktus69 said:
    Looks great, I'm also looking forwards to trying it out 👍

Are the ssh commands hardcoded or could they be easily modified by an luser such as myself?

@raindog308 said:

As a bonus, there would be a WHMCS plugin where users could click a button and receive a benchmark mailed to them.

Ssh commands are hardcoded - they include host, nslookup, pingv4, pingv6, traceroutev4, and traceroutev6. However, i think i will add dd test command as well as a benchmark script command for all the benchmarking needs.

I dont think I will put a normal input field that allows you to type any command directly - if your password is compromised and someonr logs in - they could control all servers in the panel etc.

I dont get what is required with whmcs though, can you please elaborate?

@davidgestiondbi said:
    If you need a Virtualizor VM, ready to provide one for free to let you integrate your panel. Simply PM me

Thanks a million! Appreciate it! Will let you know when its time to do the integration for virtualizor :)

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

If you need a VM for OpenNebula, just write me a message!

Thanked by 1rsk
  • levnodelevnode Member
    edited June 2018

Bookmarked. If you need money for beer, PM me, because VM on all different platforms have already been offered. :D

• Awesome!

Thanked by 1rsk
  • noennoen Member

Sweet! @terrahost has an API for their panel, https://terrahost.no/datasenter/api

Thanked by 1terrahost

@noen said:
    Sweet! @terrahost has an API for their panel, https://terrahost.no/datasenter/api

Thanks for that! Once all current roadmap integrations are done - I will integrate with all the remaining requests :)

Just a note, to others, integrations are done only with end-user api's - please do not request any admin based api's. Just trying to make it as global as possible. Thanks for understanding!

Thanked by 1noen
  • P91735P91735 Member

It looks great.When do you think it will be in GitHub?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog