Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

member_no_signature
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

member_no_signature

MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

What gives?

And why does my signature keep changing? Sometimes it reverts to just say 'MannDude', other times the formatting changes. Other times it doesn't show at all.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Never seen that. Multiple browsers?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@jarland said:
    Never seen that. Multiple browsers?

Someone in #vpsboard said they saw you with it too.

<•lbft> MannDude: i think i saw jarland with it earlier

My usergroup has reverted back to the normal 'Member' group (nope, back to the member_no_signature), but my signature changed again with messed up formatting and spacing (was unbolded, spacing changed).

Just seems strange.

edited October 2013

I think I removed my own signature a while ago. But if they wanna play games, I'll do that.

Biloh doesn't like vpsboard.com

@jarland said:
    I think I removed my own signature a while ago. But if they wanna play games, I'll do that.

Biloh doesn't like vpsboard.com

Since I started this thread I have been moved from 'Member' to 'member_no_signature' back to member again.

Something is funky.

And yes, I know he doesn't like the site which is fine. I rarely post here and don't want to promote here, but now it's purely out of principal I keep changing it back. I was prompted to respond yesterday and noticed all this ass-hattery. Unsure now if it's intentional or some goofy setup of their cluster. Seems likely their DB is replicated and out of sync.

I'm always looking for a reason to be a dick. Hey @jbiloh wanna confirm if I have a reason or if this is an error?

• MunMun Member

I think it is due to LETs new distributed webserver setup. When you hit one server you get a certain tag, and when you hit another you get the older one.

Mun

@Mun said:
    I think it is due to LETs new distributed webserver setup. When you hit one server you get a certain tag, and when you hit another you get the older one.

Mun

Must be. Because now my signature is gone, and im back in the 'member_no_signature' group.

edited October 2013

@MannDude said:
    Must be. Because now my signature is gone, and im back in the 'member_no_signature' group.

I'm repeatedly refreshing and not seeing this. Thing is I haven't had a signature in a while. It sounds like someone wants me to start though. Challenge accepted.

edited October 2013

LOL. My signature has changed to something I've not used at all today. So that's like, the 4th time my signature has changed to something completely different.

It's like it's on auto-rotate. Here, gone, back but different, different, gone, here again, gone, back but different slightly, gone, back!

Maybe the new administration wants to stir up drama from nothing.

Nah, I think it's just their user table is out of sync now.

• It happens to me too, I dont think is drama. I change from Applicant to Member, sometimes I can post, sometimes don't. Perhaps Mun is right.

• An admin must have added the title themselves. Wonder what it means.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Is this only happening to people who have VPSBoard in their signature?

Thanked by 1MannDude

It's one thing to be pending activation, another to be set in one database as a member intended to be excluded from signatures, right?

@ryanarp said:

It appears so. =]

Boom just caught it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uex1f30jq3pxgx1/Photo Oct 11, 8 36 40 PM.png

No fucking way it's JUST an error. It's an error that exposes an intention, whether past or present.

Thanked by 1awson
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@ryanarp said:

That's classy right there.

• test

edited October 2013

@raindog308 said:
    That's classy right there.

So far kinda only common factor between manndude and I.

Edit: Grammer

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Mun is correct, has something to do with the web server cluster. Ive never seen such ridiculousness.

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Mun is correct, has something to do with the web server cluster. Ive never seen such ridiculousness.

So on one of the pieces of the cluster these two guys are in a group named as though it's made to exclude signatures. Alright. How in the fuck is THAT the relevant detail? Who in the FUCK are you to tell us what an error with a website you supposedly have ZERO access to means? Step up, motherfucker. Explain yourself.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • And the vpsBoard link mysteriously disappears.

Fabozzi is an administrator of this forum and has access to how the back end works. He is not just a "client" of CC. He just admitted it above, or opened his fucking mouth about something he doesn't know. Incoming shit storm. Ban me if you don't like it fucker.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Jarland, muns explanation seems much more reasonable than yours. I know Jon is far to busy to sit here and edit your signature haha I mean really?

Why the hostility? You really need to calm down and stop being such a conspiracy freak.

It is probably just a new feature they are testing, nothing to worry about I am sure. I think it is broke though, sometimes I can see my signature when it says no_signature

Then who made the group fuck face?

Thanked by 1lbft

Lol, @ryanarp, did you remove the vpsBoard URL from your signature?

If I wanted to be a dick and censor people in their signatures, I'd not remove the link but just break it so it wasn't so obvious. I'd change:

<a href="http://somesite.com">somesite</a>
    to
    <a href="http//somesite.com>somesite</a>

@CVPS_Chris it does appear to be an issue with their 'cluster', unsure how a group of IT professionals still can't get a simplistic forum running properly. But aside from that, it's known that they have indeed censored signatures and posts with links they do not like in the past.

The fact they've created a member group specifically to prohibit people from modifying their signature is a sign of that. It's just their setup right now only allows that new membergroup limitation to only work about 50% of the time.

But LET has become known for it's heavy moderation and censorship.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

There are some cluster problems with the databases being a few seconds out of sync. We're working on that.

As for Manndude, he has received 1, and now this is his second warning, he is not allowed to advertise his web property on LET or LEB.

This discussion has been closed.