Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Recommendation] A VPN Service fit for per day use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Recommendation] A VPN Service fit for per day use

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited June 2018 in General

So if any of you guys are in need of a VPN for only a day (e.g. watch a specific football match, or some other event) and you are not subscribed to any VPN service nor want to long-term commit to any (and of also don't pay like 10$/mo for the short-term vpn deals) then perhaps you may need a VPN Service that sells per-day access. I've stumbled upon HideMy.name a while back and have been very happy with it. You pay 1$/day without any long-term commitment. You don't create any account (just use a 10-minute-mail to get the code) when you order the service, you simply get a "code" which sorta is your "login code".

I have recommended this service to some friends so far and everyone seemed to be quite happy with it. Now I know, the average LET user runs their own VPN but not everyone has VPN servers setup in various locations for private use so a daily VPN may come in handy for people like @dergelbe (wanting to watch football) & others :-)
I haven't used their service in a while as I am subscribed to a VPN service anyway but I just got asked by a friend how to watch football cup at ARD/ZDF (german TV channels) from abroad so I thought why not share the experience.

Worth mentioning (from FAQ):

Do you have registration form and client area?

No, we do not need your personal information and time wasted on the registration.

How do you keep track of time usage?

At the moment when you activate your code on our website, we start keeping track of your time usage until it completely expires, regardless of how often you use the service.

How long can be stored unactivated code?

We do not have any expiration date for the access codes you buy. So you can even buy and save a few for your grandchildren :)

Are there any logs?

If you are concerned by that question, then it is essential to make sure that your actions will not violate our rules and international laws.

We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information. Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone. More about it in our privacy policy.

Kind regards & enjoy football cup,

Ympker

Thanked by 2yomero beagle

Comments

• TomTom Member

Ympker said: Are there any logs?

>

Interesting they aren't giving a straight answer to this question..

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Tom said:

Ympker said: Are there any logs?

>

Interesting they aren't giving a straight answer to this question..

Yeah :) I like it way more than companies saying just "No, period." in the FAQ but when you continue to read their privacy policy they log all sorta shi*.

• bjrjkbjrjk Member

Well,It seems that 1$ per day is a little expensive..

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2018

@bjrjk said:

Well if you want to watch a match of the world cup from abroad it's not expensive. May be more expensive to subscribe to DAZN etc instead just using a vpn to access your local free tv channels to watxh football. Plus it may be cheaper than getting a 1 month subscription of your average VPN service which usually is about 7-10$/mo

Thanked by 1yomero
  • bjrjkbjrjk Member

@Ympker said:

@bjrjk said:

Well if you want to watch a match of the world cup from abroad it's not expensive. May be more expensive to subscribe to DAZN etc instead just using a vpn to access your local free tv channels to watxh football. Plus it may be cheaper than getting a 1 month subscription of your average VPN service which usually is about 7-10$/mo

Yeah,maybe. As for me, I choose to buy a cheap VPS spending few dollars per year to set up a VPN myself instead of buying any VPN. Though unstable sometimes,it's much cheaper.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@bjrjk said:

@Ympker said:

@bjrjk said:

Yeah,maybe. As for me, I choose to buy a cheap VPS spending few dollars per year to set up a VPN myself instead of buying any VPN. Though unstable sometimes,it's much cheaper.

Have you read the OP though?

• Do they support US Netflix?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

The logging question does matter, it's been proven again and again that some companies that claim no logging actually log (intentionally or maybe they just don't know how to not properly). Only way to know is when/if they are eventually brought in a court case.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@MikeA said:
    The logging question does matter, it's been proven again and again that some companies that claim no logging actually log (intentionally or maybe they just don't know how to not properly). Only way to know is when/if they are eventually brought in a court case.

Well if you are abroad I'm not trusting the mobile carriers there any more than my ISP at home tbh. A reputable VPN service is not too had a choice to go with. Of course it's always gonna be a trust issue but Hetzner or whatever vps host can log you just the same :P

@VPSforVPN

I never tried that. I use another vpn to unblock netflix.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

MikeA said: The logging question does matter, it's been proven again and again that some companies that claim no logging actually log (intentionally or maybe they just don't know how to not properly). Only way to know is when/if they are eventually brought in a court case.

I love people who want no logging VPNs...and then pay via Bitcoin.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@raindog308 said:

MikeA said: The logging question does matter, it's been proven again and again that some companies that claim no logging actually log (intentionally or maybe they just don't know how to not properly). Only way to know is when/if they are eventually brought in a court case.

I love people who want no logging VPNs...and then pay via Bitcoin.

Tbh as long as you use vpn for geoblocking/unblocking and streaming
    & regular internet use everything is gonna be fine. Even torrenting probably is. Just don't expect to be 100% anonymous. They say they don't keep logs? Think again! They atleast keep a minimum of technical logs and their Hosts if vpns run on vps also keep logs, and even if they run on dedis some things will always be logged. Logs are not necessarily a bad thing. Actually I trust more into a provider saying they log than one that says they don't. It is more important to read about WHAT they are logging.

• bjrjkbjrjk Member

@bjrjk said:

@Ympker said:

@bjrjk said:

emmm,What's OP?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@bjrjk said:

@bjrjk said:

@Ympker said:

@bjrjk said:

emmm,What's OP?

Opening Post :)

• bjrjkbjrjk Member

@Ympker said:

@bjrjk said:

@bjrjk said:

@Ympker said:

@bjrjk said:

emmm,What's OP?

Well, In fact, I didn't. Where can I read it?

• mkshmksh Member

@bjrjk said:

@Ympker said:

@bjrjk said:

@bjrjk said:

@Ympker said:

@bjrjk said:

emmm,What's OP?

Well, In fact, I didn't. Where can I read it?

At the beginning of this thread?