Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

HiFormance | 4GB OpenVZ VPS only $1/mth! | 2 LA Locations | QN & Asia Optimized (CN2) | SSD
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

HiFormance | 4GB OpenVZ VPS only $1/mth! | 2 LA Locations | QN & Asia Optimized (CN2) | SSD

HiFormanceHiFormance Member, Host Rep

Hello Everyone!

With the recent expansion to QuadraNet, we have launched an introductory promotion for a limited time. Are you an affiliate or reseller? We offer up to 15% sales commission! Contact a sales manager today for more information.

Why HiFormance?
Full Control Panel (SolusVM)
HTML5 VNC
Instant Activation
99.99% Uptime SLA
Bulk pricing discounts
Asia Optimized - CN2
Flexible pricing & configurations
Free IPv6 (On request)
24x7x365 L1-L3 Support
Pure SSD RAID10 Storage
3.x Kernels (Docker Supported!)
3Gbps DDoS Protection

Looking Glass
Los Angeles (QN) - http://lg.la2.ca.hiformance.net
Asia Optimized - http://cn2.hiformance.net

Special Offer: Pre-pay 3-years to receive double CPU, memory, SSD or IP address!
Note: Just submit a ticket and include the resource you choose to be doubled.

OpenVZ-4GB
2 vCore
4GB Memory
20GB Pure SSD
4TB Bandwidth per Month
1Gbps Port
1 x IP Address
Free IPv6
$11.99/year
https://my.hiformance.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=217

Thank you for reading :)

HiFormance.com
OpenVZ- KVM - Dedicated Servers

Comments

  • EdmondEdmond Member without signature

    These prices aren't sustainable, they're getting cheaper and cheaper, what kind of service are they providing you? Something that's way too oversold that you can't log in?

  • I'm using one kvm vps for one year,good.

    Zhujiwiki - VPS offer / dedicated servers offer Info

  • HiFormanceHiFormance Member, Host Rep

    @Edmond said:
    These prices aren't sustainable, they're getting cheaper and cheaper, what kind of service are they providing you? Something that's way too oversold that you can't log in?

    We can sustain those prices and performance. That is what makes us unique :)

    HiFormance.com
    OpenVZ- KVM - Dedicated Servers

  • What kind of CPU do you offer? Can use at 100% or do you throttle or limit the CPU?

    If we pay for three year, you double to 4 vCPU?

    What happens if you go out of business after 1 year? Are you going to take $36 immediately, or you bill at a different frequency?

  • HiFormanceHiFormance Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

    We use a small variety of CPU:

    https://ark.intel.com/products/65727/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1270-v2-8M-Cache-3_50-GHz
    https://ark.intel.com/products/88176/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1240-v5-8M-Cache-3_50-GHz
    https://ark.intel.com/products/97469/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1240-v6-8M-Cache-3_70-GHz

    Yes we will double CPU on 3 year payment.

    You are billed for the entire amount immediately. Sometimes it can be difficult to trust companies as so many go up and down. We have perfected our model and I can assure you that we are here for the long run. Since we moved into the VPS and Dedicated market and started offering high performance servers, we have grown exponentially and keep doing so each day. :D

    HiFormance.com
    OpenVZ- KVM - Dedicated Servers

  • There's no humility there. I hope you don't eat your own words. I will save this post just in case! I'll sign up for 3 year and see how it goes.

  • This is what I see:

    Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz

  • HiFormanceHiFormance Member, Host Rep

    @HowLowCanYouGo said:
    This is what I see:

    Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz

    We do still have some X5650's but we no longer deploy them. If you like we can arrange to move you to a node with your preferred CPU type. Send me a message with your order # or email. :)

    HiFormance.com
    OpenVZ- KVM - Dedicated Servers

  • andreipoeandreipoe Member
    edited June 2018

    Am I reading this wrong, or do you support Docker inside OpenVZ containers? If so, that's pretty cool. Any issues we should be aware of, or does it work just as it does on KVM?

  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited June 2018

    What the diff between Los Angeles **Premium ** and Los Angeles?

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • Do this can be offered in another location ? Like New-York ?

  • EdmondEdmond Member without signature

    @HiFormance said:

    @Edmond said:
    These prices aren't sustainable, they're getting cheaper and cheaper, what kind of service are they providing you? Something that's way too oversold that you can't log in?

    We can sustain those prices and performance. That is what makes us unique :)

    Alright, if it's sustainable, toss in another coupon code and I'll sign up.

  • How much if I want to upgrade to CN2 location?

  • @Edmond said:

    @HiFormance said:

    @Edmond said:
    These prices aren't sustainable, they're getting cheaper and cheaper, what kind of service are they providing you? Something that's way too oversold that you can't log in?

    We can sustain those prices and performance. That is what makes us unique :)

    Alright, if it's sustainable, toss in another coupon code and I'll sign up.

    That's a little extreme my friend! It's already by far the cheapest 4 GB OVZ I've ever seen.

  • It 's a lie. kernel version is 2.6.32

    @andreipoe said:
    Am I reading this wrong, or do you support Docker inside OpenVZ containers? If so, that's pretty cool. Any issues we should be aware of, or does it work just as it does on KVM?

  • @beochot said:
    It 's a lie. kernel version is 2.6.32

    @andreipoe said:
    Am I reading this wrong, or do you support Docker inside OpenVZ containers? If so, that's pretty cool. Any issues we should be aware of, or does it work just as it does on KVM?

    I found the same, and with the old X5650 CPU mentioned by someone else. I put in a ticket to have my VM moved and got a 4.4 kernel. But, I do agree it should have been provisioned as advertised from the start.

  • EdmondEdmond Member without signature

    @bayarea15 said:

    @Edmond said:

    @HiFormance said:

    @Edmond said:
    These prices aren't sustainable, they're getting cheaper and cheaper, what kind of service are they providing you? Something that's way too oversold that you can't log in?

    We can sustain those prices and performance. That is what makes us unique :)

    Alright, if it's sustainable, toss in another coupon code and I'll sign up.

    That's a little extreme my friend! It's already by far the cheapest 4 GB OVZ I've ever seen.

    If it's sustainable at that rate, it's sustainable even if I get a coupon code. Come on, coupon code = sign up guaranteed.

  • Edmond said: If it's sustainable at that rate, it's sustainable even if I get a coupon code. Come on, coupon code = sign up guaranteed.

    Me too :D

  • Any monthly plans just to test it? Not convinced going for a year without a trial

  • h2oh2o Member

    Sounds good.
    Any coupon codes were available?
    @HiFormance

  • ChuckChuck Member

    Are we waiting for coupon?

    I like what she said, not what it means.

  • yes, hopefully 50% off so that we do not have to spend our whole yearly salary.

  • Any monthly plans just to test it? Such as 6 months. @HiFormance

  • nductivnductiv Member
    edited June 2018

    @HiFormance

    Provisioning slow, tickets slow, node extra slow, wrong kernel, not E3 CPU

    Have put in ticket (#676307). Still waiting.

    Almost a minute and a half to install htop on a freshly installed Debian 9

    # time apt-get install htop
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Suggested packages:
      lsof strace
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      htop
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 88.2 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 224 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 htop amd64 2.0.2-1 [88.2 kB]
    Fetched 88.2 kB in 1min 3s (1390 B/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package htop.
    (Reading database ... 12469 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../htop_2.0.2-1_amd64.deb ...
    Unpacking htop (2.0.2-1) ...
    Setting up htop (2.0.2-1) ...
    
    real    1m25.160s
    user    0m4.305s
    sys     0m2.866s
    

    VPS Benchmark

    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5650  @ 2.67GHz
    Number of cores      : 2
    CPU frequency        : 2667.034 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 20.0 GB (0.4 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 4096 MB (28 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 11 hour 4 min
    Load average         : 1.05, 0.84, 0.38
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 2.6.32-042stab129.1
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 108 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 341 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 397 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 282.0 MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         31.4MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          5.95MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            2.72MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           3.10MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           2.48MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             4.81MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           1.03MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          1.13MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            482KB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           1.92MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          3.89MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    Thanked by 1HowLowCanYouGo
  • edited June 2018

    @nductiv said:
    @HiFormance

    Provisioning slow, tickets slow, node extra slow, wrong kernel, not E3 CPU

    Have put in ticket (#676307). Still waiting.

    My VPS was running good for 1-2 days, but now it seems to be over-provisioned or throttled.

  • rpollestadrpollestad Member
    edited June 2018

    I have another HiFormance VPS that wasn't from this special. It's OK, not the greatest. I almost bit the bullet on this special, because why not, but now I've seen two people say they got a non-E3 server, even though the rep above specifically stated that is what we'd get. Kernel not as advertised, and such. Now I'm hearing about over-provisioning. Glad I stayed away.

    Would be nice the rep came back and addressed some of the concerns/problems for people in this thread. (Coupon people aside.)

  • @rpollestad said:
    I have another HiFormance VPS that wasn't from this special. It's OK, not the greatest. I almost bit the bullet on this special, because why not, but now I've seen two people say they got a non-E3 server, even though the rep above specifically stated that is what we'd get. Kernel not as advertised, and such. Now I'm hearing about over-provisioning. Glad I stayed away.

    Would be nice the rep came back and addressed some of the concerns/problems for people in this thread. (Coupon people aside.)

    Yes, I have another VPS from HiFormance that's actually quite good (except an old kernel). Which is why I signed up for this special knowing I'd have a modern CPU and modern kernel. See below...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores      : 2
    CPU frequency        : 3399.915 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 20.0 GB (2.1 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 2048 MB (1119 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 2048 MB (403 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 66 days, 0 hour 26 min
    Load average         : 0.00, 0.01, 0.00
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 8
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 2.6.32-042stab127.2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 217 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 568 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 849 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 544.7 MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         97.1MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          6.86MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            5.72MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           14.5MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           9.36MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             22.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           84.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          45.9MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            12.1MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           9.76MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          10.0MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    

    Been 11 hours and no results from this morning's ticket.

    @HiFormance said: We do still have some X5650's but we no longer deploy them.

    I got one of these 8 year old Xeons which HiFormance still managed to deploy on my account.

    Hope they wake up and service my ticket sometime before the contract is up.

  • amjamj Member

    My one deployed on X5650 too.
    I sent a PM for moving to a node that has preferred CPU at 20 June but I have not got any response from them so far.

    System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5650  @ 2.67GHz
    CPU Cores       : 2
    Frequency       : 2667.034 MHz
    Memory          : 4096 MB
    Swap            : 0 MB
    Uptime          : 6:52,
    
    OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab129.1
    Hostname        : ********
    
    
    Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is ********
    
    Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        40.9MB/s
    
    Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          1.55MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       3.24MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       7.79MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       8.21MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       23.3MB/s
    
    Tokyo, Japan            Linode          13.3MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       10.6MB/s
    Taiwan                    Hinet           10.3MB/s
    
    Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         2.71MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        72.8MB/s
    
    
    Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 536 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 607 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 606 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 583 MB/s
    
  • has anyone been able to run docker?

  • LUCKCFLUCKCF Member

    @hobbs1210 said:
    has anyone been able to run docker?

    my server can not run docker now.

  • iqbaliqbal Member

    crazzyyy..

  • I am using hiformance since past month. I am getting a problem. I can't login into my windows after successfully login into via Windows Remote Desktop connection.

    The support staff is not understanding enough, as I am talking about this past 3 days. I am now considering to change to new service provider.

    I was using windows server 2012.

  • Finally got moved to a decently performing E3 node. Sorry - no 3.x or 4.x kernel nodes available. Took much back and forth on @HiFormance ticket system over the course of two days to get this far.

    Good price. Not so reliable advertising. Like pulling teeth to get what was advertised. Still have another tooth to pull (3.x or 4.x kernel.)

  • Third node is the charm. If the performance holds I've finally got a nice LE VPS. Not sure how HiFormance makes money with all the support needed to arrive at what was offered at the top of this thread. But, thanks for hanging in there.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v6 @ 3.70GHz
    Number of cores      : 2
    CPU frequency        : 799.980 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 20.0 GB (2.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 4096 MB (437 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 4096 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 18 hour 25 min
    Load average         : 0.00, 0.01, 0.05
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.9.0
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 1.3 GB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 1.6 GB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 1.6 GB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 1536.0 MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         105MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          10.1MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            8.15MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           7.92MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           8.26MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             13.0MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           24.8MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          49.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            7.45MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           8.30MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          10.3MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Node Name                       IPv6 address            Download Speed
    Linode, Atlanta, GA             2600:3c02::4b           20.7MB/s
    Linode, Dallas, TX              2600:3c00::4b           34.8MB/s
    Linode, Newark, NJ              2600:3c03::4b           18.1MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           2400:8901::4b           6.29MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               2400:8900::4b           11.1MB/s
    Softlayer, San Jose, CA         2607:f0d0:2601:2a::4    64.7MB/s
    Softlayer, Washington, WA       2607:f0d0:3001:78::2    35.8MB/s
    Softlayer, Paris, FR            2a03:8180:1301:8::4     16.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        2401:c900:1101:8::2     12.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Tokyo, JP            2401:c900:1001:16::4    20.4MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    
  • HiFormanceHiFormance Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

    @Mubashar4 said:
    I am using hiformance since past month. I am getting a problem. I can't login into my windows after successfully login into via Windows Remote Desktop connection.

    The support staff is not understanding enough, as I am talking about this past 3 days. I am now considering to change to new service provider.

    I was using windows server 2012.

    Very sorry to see you have these problems :( Submit a ticket, ask for me (Kyle) I will take care of this for you.

    HiFormance.com
    OpenVZ- KVM - Dedicated Servers

  • HiFormanceHiFormance Member, Host Rep

    @hobbs1210 said:
    has anyone been able to run docker?

    You may have to submit a ticket for our technicians to enable NAT on your VPS.

    HiFormance.com
    OpenVZ- KVM - Dedicated Servers

  • HiFormanceHiFormance Member, Host Rep

    @nductiv said:
    Third node is the charm. If the performance holds I've finally got a nice LE VPS. Not sure how HiFormance makes money with all the support needed to arrive at what was offered at the top of this thread. But, thanks for hanging in there.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v6 @ 3.70GHz
    Number of cores      : 2
    CPU frequency        : 799.980 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 20.0 GB (2.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 4096 MB (437 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 4096 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 18 hour 25 min
    Load average         : 0.00, 0.01, 0.05
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.9.0
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 1.3 GB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 1.6 GB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 1.6 GB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 1536.0 MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         105MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          10.1MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            8.15MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           7.92MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           8.26MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             13.0MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           24.8MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          49.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            7.45MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           8.30MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          10.3MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Node Name                       IPv6 address            Download Speed
    Linode, Atlanta, GA             2600:3c02::4b           20.7MB/s
    Linode, Dallas, TX              2600:3c00::4b           34.8MB/s
    Linode, Newark, NJ              2600:3c03::4b           18.1MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           2400:8901::4b           6.29MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               2400:8900::4b           11.1MB/s
    Softlayer, San Jose, CA         2607:f0d0:2601:2a::4    64.7MB/s
    Softlayer, Washington, WA       2607:f0d0:3001:78::2    35.8MB/s
    Softlayer, Paris, FR            2a03:8180:1301:8::4     16.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        2401:c900:1101:8::2     12.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Tokyo, JP            2401:c900:1001:16::4    20.4MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    

    We are glad you satisfied with our services! :)

    HiFormance.com
    OpenVZ- KVM - Dedicated Servers

  • I'm using hiformance for some time now and never had any problems. And a support ticket was solved before I woke up the next morning. Great Service!

  • ususeususe Member
    edited June 2018

    Bad performance. Low disk IO. It took days to resolved and now it is shitty again. I think this is a good land for abusive users, but now our sites are down again intermittenly for the whole day. Whenever it is down I tested disk IO and see it often well under 20MB/s. Ticket 449404

    Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 5.47MB/s

    Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 7.62MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 8.21MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 10.4MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 4.85MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 8.23MB/s

    Tokyo, Japan Linode 6.65MB/s
    Singapore Softlayer 7.17MB/s

    Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 11.5MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 6.16MB/s

    Disk Speed

    I/O (1st run) : 56.8 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 75.6 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 44.0 MB/s
    Average I/O : 58.8 MB/s

    Proof: https://prnt.sc/jzy4cn

  • Works great, stable with over 1G I/O speed.

  • slurmdogslurmdog Member
    edited June 2018

    Guys don't waste your time. This is a scam.

    I bought multiple vps with Hiformance and all experienced the same problems. I've been trying to get use out of them for the past few months but I've given up now.

    • They massively oversell. You will get great performance for about a week. Then it will dive off a cliff.

    • They charge $5 for moving to a new location. The website used to advertise free location+data transfers. They have now removed that without notifying the customers. YOU ARE STUCK ON YOUR CRAPPY NODE UNLESS YOU PAY MORE.

    • They once moved me to a location I never requested, then asked me for $5 to move back

    • I once specifically asked for transfer with data, they forgot my data. They actually deleted all my data…

    • They now admit that the horrible performance is normal. They suggested I pay much more to get a dedicated server.

    • When I say horrible performance, I mean really absolutely trash. I measured about 6x slower CPU and 10x slower disk speeds compared to other cheap vps providers.

    • Their low level support staff is incompetent. They screwed up my network configuration so no outgoing traffic would work. I wasted about 4 hours finding and fixing the problem myself.

    • The Ubuntu linux kernel is v2.6, which does not support docker. So forget running docker.

    Seriously avoid these guys.

  • edited July 2018

    In terms of tech support, they've been responsive. I find it best to request one thing at a time. I got moved over from X5650 to E3-1240. Then I asked for double my vCPU from 2 to 4 since I prepaid for 3 years. I don't know how to do the benchmarks, but the two VPS I have now have been responsive. YMMV it seems.

Sign In or Register to comment.