Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will SYS ARM-based storage be sufficient for plex?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will SYS ARM-based storage be sufficient for plex?

Hello
As the subject says, can anyone tell me if ARM-2T from SYS offer will be powerful enough to handle max 2 streams at a time maybe with transcoding 1080p If not what can you suggest? I will not be using it as a torrent, every movie will be loaded via http wget. WIll I be safe from copyright problem?
I think that 500 GB will be enough at this time. so 2 TB are a bit overkill so if you can suggest me something else, let me know.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member

You do know about their 5 mbits upload limit?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

No pal. These ARM cores probably aren’t going to perform satisfactorily with 2x1080p transcodes.

What’s your budget?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2018

Oh for fucks sake let's first figure out what's with the upload limit, and now you with your 2 streams at a time and http wget.

• marsonmarson Member

10 eur / m the nice offer can be netcup and webtropia.com, Root / VDS servers but those are in Germany and I hear that they have very strict law about copyright so I am affraid

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@marson said:
    10 eur / m the nice offer can be netcup and webtropia.com, Root / VDS servers but those are in Germany and I hear that they have very strict law about copyright so I am affraid

That depends. First off they can't/won't look at what your server is storing so unless you are openly sharing it they'll never know. Also as long as your sources are legal (e.g. your friends DVD collection and who can really check that) your copies would be perfectly legal in germany (the good old Privatkopie albeit butchered by the legal source clause pushed through by the copyright lobby).

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@marson said:

You should be, German police will contact Interpol if you’re found with copyright material that isn’t fisting videos.

• marsonmarson Member

Nekki said: You should be, German police will contact Interpol if you’re found with copyright material that isn’t fisting videos.

soo sad ;) but my fisting videos are stored only on my 1,44 MB floppy disks and transferred on my girlfriend's tits so I definitely should be worried ;)