Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Providers 2013 Q3 Poll - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Top Providers 2013 Q3 Poll

Comments

1. Prometeus.
    2. Ramnode.
    3. TorqHost
    Thanked by 1Maounique
    1. Prometeus

HM:- BlueVM

Thanked by 1Maounique
    1. Inception Hosting

2. RamNode

3. BlueVM

1. RamNode
    2. Backupsy
    3. BuyVM

Honorable mentions

IperWeb/Prometeus
    Urpad
    HostHatch

1. vooservers
    2. Prometeus
    3. buyvm
  • tianyitianyi Member
    edited October 2013
    1. Hostigation: Been with them from last Xmas. The consistancy of stability and speed is the best I ever known. Wating for this Xmas, I will order two or three more ovz plans. Special price make best value(512M OVZ for only $30/yr). If you trust hostigation, take a look at highspeedweb.net, which is also owned by Tim.
    2. Buyvm: Great customer support. Speed and stability are good(not so good as hostigation), and the price not as "good", so it comes second.
    3. Ramnode: Just order one. The word of mouth is great. Will report to you guys lately.

HM: chicagovps/bluvm so far so good, but bad views can be found via forums. I don't put important sites on their VPS.

Should Avoid: 123systems/urpad.

123systems has unbelievable low price, but the stability is s~~~~o bad, they completely lost my data for 4 or 5 times before I move away(I ordered for full year but give up after first two months). A lot of providers oversold, but few can be so bad like 123systems. Their product is completely not usable.

Urpad has far more better uptime than 123systems. However, their support is not so good. I ordered 2GB plan and run a wined QQ on it. The suspend my VPS and explain it takes too much source. The number they gave proved what they said is wrong. Then they began asked"why did you run an windows app on linux server". After my reasonable answer, what they said is"running an windows app is not allowed, it is now not in the TOS/AUP, but there will be tomorrow". After moving to buyvm's 512M plan, they never said nothing about this. The point is, urpad gave me a feel that they can do whatever they want without any limits, though their product is usable.

1. prometeus
    2. inception hosting
    3. OpenITC
    Thanked by 1Maounique
    1. Prometeus, IperWeb, iwStack
    2. Hostigation
    3. TorqHost
    Thanked by 1Maounique
    1. Ramnode
    2. Onepound
    3. Openitc

HM buyvm

Thanked by 1onepound
    1. Ramnode
    2. Iperweb
    3. BuyVM
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2013

1. Minivps

My top again, for 2 reasons. First is just all round performance, never down, never any issues or drama, never need to speak to anyone about it, what more is there to expect? Second reason is that it's in the UK, so along with the first reason it makes it all round perfect for me.

2. Ramnode

Decided to try them out to manage a lot of domain parking, performance is really good (Netherlands) and although still early days it is working better than most.

3. URPad

They suited me due to the locations, Iceland and UK specifically, with Iceland gone it's a bit of a bummer because it was a useful less common location in the EU, but overall the service is good and performance is on a par with most.

HM's

Buyvm - Sitting doing nothing right now hence down here but great performance.

DO - Works really well but I am currently favouring others.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
    1. BuyVM

2. LowEndSpirit (InceptionHosting)

1. Fliphost
    2. Hostigation
    3. INIZ
    Thanked by 1Patrick
  • nfmnfm Member
    1. Ramnode

2. Prometeus

3. shardhost

1. Prometeus
    2. INIZ
    3. VPSDime
    Thanked by 2Maounique Patrick
  • 1.Fapvps
    2. MaxVPS
    3.Backupsy

Thanked by 2fapvps Maximum_VPS
    1. BuyVM
    2. XenSmart (PCSmart)
    3. Edis
    1. Prometeus: there's just no words to describe how glad I am I discovered Prometeus. 100% uptime ever since I became a customer (except for my own reboots of course) and iwStack is just awesome.

2. InceptionHosting: first time I put them up here, but I've been a customer for a while. My box in Miami is extremely stable (100% uptime for about 9 months now I believe). Also, LowEndSpirit is awesome and I really appreciate Anthony's effort in this!

3. TorqHost: these guys have extremely good customer service in addition to their great servers. You get a lot for the little you pay.

HM: RamNode

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I have copied to my excel sheet upto @camarg 's vote. Any changes on that post and earlier will not reflect anymore.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • mujmuj Member
    1. Vpsdime
    2. BlueVM (Thanks to @Ishaq)
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

As with @kro, if it's possible to have this without an order, it'd be much appreciated as I can't pick one over another this time round.

Prometeus - Really like these guys, they run a tight ship and performance is perfect for what I need

BuyVM - I personally don't think these guys get enough credit for their KVM Storage packages, considering anything you can run on their normal packages is allowed on these, it's great value for money. Oh, and Stallion, so beautiful.

DigitalOcean - It just works. Very simple and easy. Set it up and leave it running.

Thanked by 2Maounique kro
    1. BlueVM
    2. ChicagoVPS
    3. InceptionHosting

Honorable mention: Digitalocean

1. Prometeus -> Just works. Stable, reliable and quick support
    2. DotVPS -> have a couple of VPS with them. Stable service. Quick and friendly support.
    3. LeapSwitch -> unusual location, stable. Quick and friendly support.
  • chaufferchauffer Member
    edited October 2013

MaximumVPS, INIZ, {ispirto's brands}

If not, Backupsy

Thanked by 2Patrick Maximum_VPS
    1. EDIS
    2. RansomIT
    3. RaidLogic
    1. maximumvps.net
    2. gamedatainc.com
    3. dotvps.co
    Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • 1: Hostigation
    2: RamNode
    3: BlueVM

• 1.bluevm
    2. Budget VM
    3.hostus

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • DerNiroDerNiro Member
    edited October 2013
    1. RamNode - quick support (usually within a few hours), cheap plans (with coupon), blazing fast server, great network (Seattle), cheap DDoS
    2. Crissic - same hour support (usually within minutes), extremely cheap plans (special offer), fast server
    3. DotVPS - friendly support, moderate pricing, fast server

Real tossup between RamNode & Crissic. Both have fast Support and friendly service, but RamNode edges out due to incredible hardware & network. Running Nginx+PHP+MySQL, scripts that took 5-8ms to run on DotVPS, took 1-2ms on RamNode. That SSD is badass and it's definately not oversold. It's worth mentioning that their DDoS protection causes no noticable lag and is a steal at $3.

Crissic is only held back for the top spot by that harddrive's performance & lack of DDoS protection. They have a fair crack at becoming the top brand if they can get into the SSD market. They don't have DDoS protection, but what they offer instead is throttled Bandwidth once you hit the monthly cap.

Both, it should be mentioned, have extremely good support and it shows that they take pride in their work.

Thanked by 2Nick_A SkylarM
    1. RamNode - In love with their plans and Nick_A does a pretty good job
    2. BuyVM - No coitagmplaints yet, other than the issues during their LV migration
    3. BlueVM - Not so bad uptime, still waiting to be migrated to Feathur

HM:

Hostigation - Stable.
    Crissic - Just one month with them and everything is fine.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
This discussion has been closed.