Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues installing Proxmox 5 (ZFS) (64 bits) on Kimsufi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issues installing Proxmox 5 (ZFS) (64 bits) on Kimsufi

bashlykbashlyk Member
edited June 2018 in Help

I am running into an issue with installing Proxmox 5 (ZFS) (64 bits) on KS-11 (Intel W3520 - SoftRaid 2x2To SATA)
The imaging starts as expected and continues until the server reboots. In the control panel I see server reboot but once it comers up, I do not see the current OS. I am also unable to SSH or open GUI after it reboots.
I was able to install Proxmox 4 (ZFS) which means there is an issue with the template Kimsufi uses for Proxmox 5. Was wondering if anyone ran into this before.

Comments

• imokimok Member

Install Debian and Proxmox on top.

• I still would like to install it using Proxmox image since there is ZFS portion which I do not want to deal with.

Does Kimsufi allow IPMI access if I want to go with installing from ISO route?

• FredQcFredQc Member

bashlyk said: Does Kimsufi allow IPMI access

You can't figure this out by yourself ?

• ZFS doesn't work as well as expected on Proxmox.

• I have Proxmox 5 with ZFS running perfectly fine on SYS for the last 6+ month

• Can anyone explain is there any performance gain while using raid 1 of Zfs , vs Mdadm.
    maybe i am missing something

i have multiple ovh, Sys server with proxmox , whenever i tried ZFS its always feel slow and i revert back to standard mdadm RAID1.