Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Change In Policy?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Change In Policy?

BlueVMBlueVM Member
edited February 2012 in General

Alright as it sits we currently suspend our clients after 3 days of non-payment. Then wait 30 days before terminating, just to ensure that if backups are needed or the client changes their mind, we're covered.

I'd like to change the policy so that:

• 3 days non-payment = Suspension
  • 5 days non-payment = Loss of IP space, if you reactivate we will give you a new IP as they become available.
  • 15 days non-payment = Deletion of VPS data.

I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks. I personally think it's a fair policy and it prevents users from being "upset" because we deleted their data. We're extremely limited on IP space and as per our current policy we have 15 IPs locked away because the user didn't pay, but we're holding them. Obviously not the best plan originally, but I think the change in policy would help resolve that and free up stock...

We could simply "terminate" after 5 days of non-payment, but I'd rather give clients ample time to pay.

Comments

• Is ok, but as some people has said in the past, if you don't have the money to pay at this moment, you always can talk with the billing dept and get some extra time.

• You're quite lenient :)

UNLESS THE CLIENT CONTACTS US, our policy is:

3 days non-payment = suspension
    7 days non-payment = termination

Due to a severe lack of IP space, AND we're paying quite a bit for the IP space we do have, we're seriously considering reducing the termination period to 5 days. We just don't have the IP space to do hand-holding of clients that have no intention of paying. In our experience, if they don't pay after they've been suspended, then they're probably not going to pay.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Damian4IPXcore said: if they don't pay after they've been suspended, then they're probably not going to pay

+1 this is also our experience. Even if we are more lenient than that because we handle this manually, in reality if the client don't came back at you in 1-2 days since the suspension then she never came back.

• @BlueVM said: We could simply "terminate" after 5 days of non-payment, but I'd rather give clients ample time to pay.

I don't see anything wrong with taking a vzdump at 5 days, removing them from the server, and use like find /vz/dump -type f -mtime +15 | xargs rm -f

Personally I wait 10 days to remove from the server, but if you are cramped for space, at least this will save you many headaches