Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody has experience with prahost.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody has experience with prahost.com?

I have seen interesting offers for LeaseWeb servers from Prahost.com.
I really do not know them and see them not much mentioned anywhere.
Has anyone of you dealt with them? How did it go?

I am more worried of it being a scam than anything else.

Comments

• @sgheghele, Are you sure you signed up today to learn more about a reseller host?

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited June 2018

@crpatel said:
    @sgheghele, Are you sure you signed up today to learn more about a reseller host?

..yes? How could I post otherwise? I cross-posted this same question to webhostingtalk.com

Edit: this makes me wonder whether it was bad etiquette on my side. If any, I apologize. Have a genuine question here.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

Smells.

Time to add prahost to no-no list.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @deank said:
    Smells.

Time to add prahost to no-no list.

But..I literally wrote that I’m afraid they could be a scam?

I’m just a lurker usually. Could not find any recent review/experience sharing about them. For posting I need to register..

edited June 2018

If you are really a lurker, you should know the patterns. It is there.

And you talk as if registering is hard?

• @deank said:
    If you are really a lurker, you should know the patterns. It is there.

And you talk as if registering is hard?

Well if these are shill-alike patterns, I think I’m the worst shill of them all, aren’t I?

I usually lurk, registered to perform a full search, found just an answer that stated they are a LeaseWeb reseller and to therefore stay away from them. I could not understand the reason to stay away from them, so I asked the question here.

How could I otherwise do? Register, wait a couple of months and ask the same question?

That said, I hope that somebody here is able to tell me something about them.

• vovlervovler Member

LET shill-o-meter is always working and it's very sensitive, and you raised too many flags.

Also, found a thread about them in WHT, this is a small excerpt that made me chuckle

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • sgheghele said: I could not understand the reason to stay away from them, so I asked the question here.

So try yourself and give your feedback; which will help others who would want to business with said host. Or you can ask about the host on WHT itself! They have a representative there who post an offer on behalf of the host.

• @vovler said:
    LET shill-o-meter is always working and it's very sensitive, and you raised too many flags.

I’m sorry for that but could not find any other way.

Also, found a thread about them in WHT, this is a small excerpt that made me chuckle

Ok, this is not promising at all. Thanks.

edited June 2018

@crpatel said:

sgheghele said: I could not understand the reason to stay away from them, so I asked the question here.

So try yourself and give your feedback; which will help others who would want to business with said host. Or you can ask about the host on WHT itself! They have a representative there who post an offer on behalf of the host.

The representative has replied to me on WHT. I was looking for user experiences and (the irony) hoped to avoid shills. It seems it’s not working so I will likely let this go. Thanks to those who replied. I’m sorry if this came out the wrong way.

The way he is defending the host raises another flag as well.

• kasslekassle Member

@sgheghele what offers you interested from them ?

edited June 2018

@kassle said:

Is this a trap? :-) I am not linking anything here. Was never my intention, just mentioned their name as a way to identify them for possible replies.

Maybe I chose the wrong approach, but I have likely doomed the thread. I mean, it now seems I am even defending them.

Edit: anyone with actual experience with them, I also welcome PMs. Will now go back to lurking unless there are replies with experience reports.

• kasslekassle Member

@sgheghele said:

@kassle said:

Is this a trap? :-) I am not linking anything here. Was never my intention, just mentioned their name as a way to identify them for possible replies.

no trap, you said interested with their offers and you already a lurker in this forum. there is similar offer from known provider here. so what the catch ?

Drag this on as humanly as possible, is that catch.

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited June 2018

@sgheghele said:

Used PraHost.com in past. Really bad experience with them. Too much of downtime from day one. Did not even refunded me. The company is operated from somewhere in small town of India. So I should say avoid PraHost.com at all cost if you don't want frustration. There are many good and reputed hosts I found here on LET and Google who offer better servers in Germany and Netherlands location. (ah! and even France).

BTW. if you are really interested in Leaseweb servers, why don't directly host with them? They've good support, plus you'll save money directly dealing with them than buying via Prahost.com, ain't it?

P.S. the Prahost.com site is exact copy of version(1) of RackSpace.com - same theme.

Thanked by 3deank sgheghele kassle
  • Time to blacklist Prahost.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @Sofia_K said:

@sgheghele said:

Used PraHost.com in past. Really bad experience with them. Too much of downtime from day one. Did not even refunded me. The company is operated from somewhere in small town of India. So I should say avoid PraHost.com at all cost if you don't want frustration.

Thank you so much for replying with an actual experience with them.
    Your and @vovler replies are helping already. Will avoid them.

There are many good and reputed hosts I found here on LET and Google who offer better servers in Germany and Netherlands location. (ah! and even France).

BTW. if you are really interested in Leaseweb servers, why don't directly host with them? They've good support,

Because some LeaseWeb resellers sell at inferior costs than LeaseWeb itself (especially their old 100TB bw servers). I have had a somehow decent experience with one LW reseller in the past. Was just looking for a better deal. Was probably going for too cheap this time.

plus you'll save money directly dealing with them than buying via Prahost.com, ain't it?

>

Well, if I am going to lose all my money with them, LW is definitely cheaper :-)

• sinsin Member

I quickly checked out their Netherland pricing and it looks like the servers are more expensive then just buying from Leaseweb? If you keep watch of Leaseweb's instant dedis you can pick up some good deals.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K