Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RunCloud Price Changes (June 2018)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RunCloud Price Changes (June 2018)

GravelyGravely Member
edited June 2018 in General

Appears that if you already are on RunCloud's monthly $10 Plan, you will continue on the $10 Plan!

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

What the fuck is "RunCloud"

• jamespeachjamespeach Member
    edited June 2018

@rm_ said:
    What the fuck is "RunCloud"

https://bit.ly/2HNiv4v

...and why should we care?

• @rm_ said:
    ...and why should we care?

http://bfy.tw/Iarl

Sorry mate, not clicking that. Explain here or gtfo. If you're too dumb to see what's the point of my posts, I was kindly pointing out that this appears to be a relatively lesser-known operation, and posting about "Price Changes" of it, without any other comment, may be less useful to the forum's general audience than the OP has envisioned. Hope that's all more clear for you now with your google links and whatnot.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2018

Wait, you pay them monthly, that they setup a application once like wordpress?

SSH credential management.

The fuck, how can people come up with this shit?

• Grandfathered in, woot woot!

• @huntercop said:
    Grandfathered in, woot woot!

Just saw that aswell! Awesome!

• Is the price change effective right away?

• now... that's a surprise! I was telling a client to move their servers from serverpilot to runcloud because I thought the price would likely go up soon enough.

Still a bargain even if you're not grandfathered in.

• DanSummerDanSummer Member
    edited June 2018

@andrew1995 said:
    Is the price change effective right away?

I think so. It's published on the site without an official announcement yet.

Yes, it is. I just logged in and none of my servers have "monthly" health stat. Only daily.

• @Neoon said:
    Wait, you pay them monthly, that they setup a application once like wordpress?

SSH credential management.

The fuck, how can people come up with this shit?

Not really. For me it essentially replaced WHM & cPanel.

• HxxxHxxx Member

@Neoon the idea is not just one install. In the case of serverpilot they do make sure your server is secure. Let's say a vulnerability is new and in the wild, they will apply specific patches for that and then notify the customer. They also make sure that server stack is running flawless, of course with automated tools but it works.

Now I haven't tried runcloud, seems promising, don't know about their security practices.

• @Hxxx said:
    @Neoon the idea is not just one install. In the case of serverpilot they do make sure your server is secure. Let's say a vulnerability is new and in the wild, they will apply specific patches for that and then notify the customer. They also make sure that server stack is running flawless, of course with automated tools but it works.

Now I haven't tried runcloud, seems promising, don't know about their security practices.

Runclound is the same when it comes to automatic system update. The only difference is that they give you the option to auto apply either security updates only or security update and core system update too.