Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why costumers from China so impatient?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why costumers from China so impatient?

charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

Hi,

I don't know, only we met this, or this is a general thing, but why clients/costumers from China, so impatient?

We have a lot of trouble with these clients, usually this is what happening:

They order something (usually wrong solution, or clients not read product description)
They open ticket
After ~30min write a simple "hello" or similar one-word messages (not really check the timezones, usually these happening at nigh in our time)
1 hour later again some one world message
And after 15-30 min they start threatening they will open dispute on PayPal (basically after max 2-3 hour when the ticket opened)

We met similar situation more than once a month. We thinking simply not allowing new orders from Chine becaseu of these things.

I don't know, anybody else met these kind of costumers, or only we are so unlocky? Or they simply expect 0-24 support with 5 min response (but in this case, why they ordering service from a provider, who not promise these support?)

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

I have several clients from China, years ago and I have not had those problems.

there are always clients like that, everywhere

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2018

All of us in the same boat - it’s common with Chinese customers (not all but only about 95% of them), simply ban the China as country and avoid such issue.

• sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited June 2018

[I retract this point.]

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We have the same issue so we just refund immediately while we see any freaudrecording or sign of reporting about them and keep our mind in peace.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

In before a racist complaint filed at one of LET mods.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited June 2018

Speaking from experience: simply banning the country is the dumbest thing you'll do.

You have to learn the nature of the beast. You'll find yourself doing better with a Chinese translator. ESL (English second language) students at a nearby college from China are a great source of translation even if not technical enough to work tickets. Or maybe they could learn on the job training.

Banning potentially the largest market is absolutely madness and any provider suggesting it with being serious is a provider to reconsider because they obviously have no long term goals.

Yes, I've been in the abuse department too. I know they'll do stuff that'll make you want to ban them but if you spend a little bit of time and resources to have translated policies and your site, you'll cut down on more problems than shooting yourself in the foot to bleed out by banning China.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited June 2018

If you race to the bottom with your pricing and have LA locations, of course you're going to attract them. You could raise your prices slightly to have better customers.

Thanked by 2Clouvider inklight
  • williewillie Member

One idea might be accept alipay instead of paypal. A lot of the pain I see is from how paypal immediately does an expensive chargeback whenever there is a customer-initiated dispute. Alipay lets the customer open a dispute and investigates it like Paypal does, but it doesn't chargeback unless the customer actually wins the dispute.

In China, everyone uses Alipay, so I wonder if a different convention has developed, where you open a dispute as soon as you think something might be wrong, in order to preserve your options, then close the dispute if the problem is fixed. Then that practice gets transferred to paypal with much different consequences. I don't use alipay so this is just a guess though.

The Alipay procedure does seem a lot better in the face of this problem.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Hey, if you spent all that time putting on a costume, you'd be attired of waiting, too.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

We have many good customers from China.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@doughmanes said:
    If you race to the bottom with your pricing and have LA locations, of course you're going to attract them. You could raise your prices slightly to have better customers.

Unfortunately it will not fix the issue, we had some great customers from China who don’t mind to pay £180 per month for services and some of them who pay the £45 for unmanaged server and expecting whole team to work only for them!

Thanked by 2inklight Claverhouse
  • 1,I think you need more patience.

2,Many people think that the dispute is a refund.

3,The problem has nothing to do with the country, the language, the color of the skin.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited June 2018

@zhujiwiki said:
    1,I think you need more patience.

2,Many people think that the dispute is a refund.

3,The problem has nothing to do with the country, the language, the color of the skin.

As one of the many affiliate host promoters making significant profit on users speaking another language, your third point will become a problem of your making if the affiliate promoters do not take adequate steps to educate your profit subjects:

1. It is not acceptable to most service providers for customers to sign up to purchase servers with false information;
    2. Encouraging other customers to brigade a service provider over Paypal or tickets will often make the problem worse;
    3. Service providers have good reasons to suspend a customer if the customer goes against the ToS/AUP, but is often complained upon in another language to encourage the second point to occur.
  • bjrjkbjrjk Member

I really hope there is no more Chinese people doing bad things to damage our images.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@bjrjk said:
    I really hope there is no more Chinese people doing bad things to damage our images.

every nation has black sheeps.

Thanked by 1Claverhouse
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2018

That title sounds like racism against the chinese.

It sounds more like, you posted in the wrong place, or you got somehow a bunch of trolls which are from china and you blame all chinese for a few people.

To blame it fully on the chinese, is just racism.

I would rather try to find out, how these people got to you, maybe find a pattern to block these trolls but not block the whole country.

• @willie said:
    One idea might be accept alipay instead of paypal.

Or, have you looked into WeChat? Try if you can link a bank account or card to your WeChat Wallet in your country and check if you can get the money out (rather than having it stay in WeChat forever), and if so, at what cost. Try that beside Alipay. With that two you can cover 99% of Chinese customers. And best is, as far as I know, there is no 'recall' function, at least not for WeChat and it's near free.

or clients not read product description

Have the basics translated to 中文. That may help with the reading, won't much help with the not reading them though.

• fkjfkj Member

Culture difference.

Be aware that this is a country with huge population and inexpensive labors, which is partially the reason for her economic success.

In China, each online store has customer service 24/7 or 997 that can reply a customer inquiry in less than 5 min. If a store (on Taobao/Alibaba) cannot manage to reply within 5 min, the customer goes to the next store. There's no email support in Amazon China because it's simply too slow. The logic is, if one has to wait for an email from Amazon, why doesn't he goes to JD or Taobao. Amazon CN only has online chat or phone support, where you leave your number, and the support agent calls you in 60 seconds.

Because of this, I guess it is a genuine belief that 30 min is too slow in China. So yes, Chinese are impatient from your perspective. But from a Chinese perspective, you are kinda lazy. Guess we all have to adapt to different cultures.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Neoon said: That title sounds like racism against the chinese.

No, it's not. I don't think you know what the word "racism" means.

Neoon said: To blame it fully on the chinese, is just racism.

Stop that nonsense. He wasn't talk about Chinese people living around the world or Chinese people as an ethnic group. He was talking about his experience dealing with Chinese customers in China, and that experience is pretty universal.

Clouvider said: every nation has black sheeps.

More accurate to say "every nation has a few white sheep".

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited June 2018

It might have something to do with timezones - all of China runs on the same timezone. This makes it so when a customer puts in a ticket to a Chinese company, their support staff will be online without a doubt, and will be able to reply quickly.

Next, workforce. Labour is cheap in China, meaning hiring support agents is very cheap. Companies can hire more support agents than US companies, which makes better service. Also, support is more commonly given via live chat (i.e. WeChat is commonly used as support)

There is a cultural difference too. In my experience as a Chinese-North American who moved from China at an early age, I notice that Chinese people are more condescending than westerners in general.

@raindog308 said:

Stop that nonsense. He wasn't talk about Chinese people living around the world or Chinese people as an ethnic group. He was talking about his experience dealing with Chinese customers in China, and that experience is pretty universal.

That is a matter of interpretation, racism may be the wrong word for that but yea.

• NomadNomad Member

@Neoon said:

@raindog308 said:

That is a matter of interpretation, racism may be the wrong word for that but yea.

may is

• rustyhalorustyhalo Member
    edited June 2018

cultural difference + communication barrier.

you should notify customers about what they should expect on your product page/when they order (preferably in Chinese). Verify their account info if they are first time customer (people who threaten to dispute normally have fake address/name in their account page).

China is a huge country, most Chinese people do not comprehend English very well. Try better communicate with them before you make decision like "block all Chinese orders".

And yes, I can help with (some light amount of) Chinese translation. Shoot me with DM for details.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

First learn to know what the term "racism" actually means. The title only suggests that people with a Chinese nationality are impatient.

• Chinese and Japanese are workholics, its kinda in their DNA or they are taught so from their schooling-life. This results in expecting around-the-clock service/support to them. That might be one reason they are impatient about order placed/support requested. Moreover, since their previous host might be a China-based local company, they would be used to get quick support/quick order set up as both the buyer and seller would be in same-time zone.

@CConner said:

First learn to know what the term "racism" actually means. The title only suggests that people with a Chinese nationality are impatient.

Dude, I already said it may be not the right term.

But you like to bash people, as usual.

• Sould not this kind of topic be forbidden?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Neoon said: But you like to bash people, as usual.

You know that you're the one condemning people as racists, right?

Thanked by 1Claverhouse

@CConner said:

Neoon said: But you like to bash people, as usual.

You know that you're the one condemning people as racists, right?

Now you mixing stuff up again, I claimed the statement to be racist, initially, not the OP.

This discussion has been closed.