Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Northeast US Plex Server with GDrive
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Northeast US Plex Server with GDrive

lsinklsink Member
edited June 2018 in Requests

Hey all. I have been hosting a plex server with bytesized-hosting and they have been pretty good so far but once in a while the server would stop transcoding for no apparent reason or I get crazy buffering and need to change to transcode to 2 mbps. I am hoping to find a new server more local to Northeast US. Looking for something in range of $15-$20/ month.
I currently host my media on GDrive.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

How much storage are you looking for?

• lsinklsink Member

300 GB or so should do.

• wilbowilbo Member

I use a Kimsufi KS-10 in France for my Plex server and I'm in Baltimore. Never had a problem. I got it for 9.99 € (which is about $11.75) when they had a sale a while back.

• lsinklsink Member
    edited June 2018

I have been looking at Kimsufi myself. Is there an advantage to France vs Canada?

@wilbo said:
    I use a Kimsufi KS-10 in France for my Plex server and I'm in Baltimore. Never had a problem. I got it for 9.99 € (which is about $11.75) when they had a sale a while back.

• wilbowilbo Member

I don't know. I had a French KS-10 already and gave it a shot because it was idle.

Thanked by 1lsink