Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with kimsufi rescue mode server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help with kimsufi rescue mode server

seenuseenu Member
edited June 2018 in Help

Hello,
i have a server at kimsufi for which i got a mail saying its hacked so they have put it in rescue mode.

and they sent me rescue mode details,

can anyone please help me getting data from it?

(they told me to mount partitions but i am not able to see my files)

Kindly someone PM me or post here how to get back my files.

thanks.

Comments

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

If you are sure you have mounted the right partitions and your data isn't where you expect it to be maybe it has been deleted? If that's the case you should be extremely careful not to write anything to the disk and safe a raw disk image asap. You can then try if you can restore at least some of the data from a copy of said image.

• seenuseenu Member
    edited June 2018

Hello @mksh thanks for the response.

i have tried fdisk -l
    s

then i have tried
    mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/

but when i cd into /mnt/ , i don't see my files.

any idea?

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@seenu said:
    then i have tried
    mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/

but when i cd into /mnt/ , i don't see my files.

any idea?

Do you see anything at all there (try ls [remove-this-stupid-cloudflare...] -al)? Also what about sda2 (sda1 is your boot partition i guess)?

• Avoid read-write mount's. Best to mount -o ro ... (like mount -o ro /dev/sda3 /mnt/foo)

Also, if you run atune2fs -l /dev/sda3 you'll get some stats on when it was created etc. See if that matches with when you installed your server or if it is newer.

Thanked by 1mksh