Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Request] Looking for a Netflix friendly VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Request] Looking for a Netflix friendly VPS

Hello,

My previous provider got blocked by Netflix and I don't want to use a commercial Smart DNS service due to privacy concerns. Hence, I'm looking (via PM if possible) for a VPS with 1 TB of outbound network traffic with up to 100 mbps network connection. Memory, CPU and location don't matter too much. Budget is 15-20$/month. Bonus points if Amazon Prime Video/Hulu and YoutubeTV work as well.

Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

You want to setup a VPN to watch Netflix, is that correct?

• zkyezzkyez Member

Yes, that is correct.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

You could always go with a VPN that unblocks Netflix. A bit more secure due to the encryption in comparison to a regular smartdns service ;)

• zkyezzkyez Member
    edited June 2018

@Ympker said:
    You could always go with a VPN that unblocks Netflix. A bit more secure due to the encryption in comparison to a regular smartdns service ;)

Problem is Netflix plays whack-a-mole with most paid VPN providers and I'm tired of searching for a new server every few days. That's why I gave up on Nord & PIA.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2018

And people wonder why seedboxes are popular. It's so much easier to pirate than to try to be legitimate.

Thanked by 4Aidan vimalware emgh FHR
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2018

@zkyez said:

@Ympker said:

Problem is Netflix plays whack-a-mole with most paid VPN providers and I'm tired of searching for a new server every few days. That's why I gave up on Nord & PIA.

Nord always works for me with Netflix US. Ivacy too.

@raindog308

Ive got Netflix (+ Netflix US via Smartdns) and Crunchyroll Germany (for anime) + US (via smartdns). Additionally some (legit) private copies in my collection. Can't complain ;)

• pikepike Veteran

I know a provider that isn't blocked by netflix. But german datacenter and IP.

• williewillie Member
    edited June 2018

There's basically no such thing as a netflix-unfriendly vps, i.e. the vps providers themselves are perfectly fine with your watching netflix through them. It's netflix which is unfriendly and blocks vps when it finds them. And there are no vps hosts that netflix is friendly to. There are the ones it has already blocked, and the ones it hasn't found yet. If you find one that works, don't expect it to last. So I'd avoid any annual etc. plans.

• zkyezzkyez Member

@willie said:
    There's basically no such thing as a netflix-unfriendly vps, i.e. the vps providers themselves are perfectly fine with your watching netflix through them. It's netflix which is unfriendly and blocks vps when it finds them. And there are no vps hosts that netflix is friendly to. There are the ones it has already blocked, and the ones it hasn't found yet. If you find one that works, don't expect it to last. So I'd avoid any annual etc. plans.

Well my opinion is two parties can be friends only if it's a mutual thing :)
    And yes, I know the drill. Monthly commitment is a must in this case.

• You need an public IP from a vps hosted in the US.

• williewillie Member
    edited June 2018

huntercop said: You need an public IP from a vps hosted in the US.

That generally won't help: most are blocked already.

zkyez said: Monthly commitment is a must in this case.

I'd try some hourly ones too.

• zkyezzkyez Member

Shamelessly bumping the topic.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@zkyez said:

I have a VPS from a company in US that can be used for Netflix. However, if I post it here, Netflix would see it, and it would destroy the whole purpose of this thread.

Therefore... why create or bump a discussion like this in the first place?! Netflix watches the same thing you're watching. Such things are extremely hush-hush, especially in relation with Low End market.

And how do I know you are not a Netflix staff trying to milk important information from LET members?

Thanked by 1willie
  • zkyezzkyez Member

@default said:

@zkyez said:

I have a VPS from a company in US that can be used for Netflix. However, if I post it here, Netflix would see it, and it would destroy the whole purpose of this thread.

You somehow missed the PM part of my post. But that's ok.

Therefore... why create or bump a discussion like this in the first place?! Netflix watches the same thing you're watching. Such things are extremely hush-hush, especially in relation with Low End market.

And how do I know you are not a Netflix staff trying to milk important information from LET members?

I giggled. If you want to share the information, feel free to do it. Just don't involve me in conspiracy theories.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@zkyez said:

I giggled. If you want to share the information, feel free to do it. Just don't involve me in conspiracy theories.

No, I don't wish to share the information, not with a 7 days account active on one topic, bumping that only one topic, requesting to share a very deep and dark cheap secret.

I accept to not involve you in conspiracy theories, I don't know you, so this can very well be my mistake. But regarding sharing secrets...

Thanked by 3AuroraZ willie jvnadr
  • zkyezzkyez Member

Well I've been reading let & leb for quite a while but never saw a reason to register. I appreciate the feedback although it's not on topic.

• pikepike Veteran

@zkyez said:
    Well I've been reading let & leb for quite a while but never saw a reason to register. I appreciate the feedback although it's not on topic.

So if you did you can tell who I'm talking about if I say DICKS or tell you a sister joke?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@pike said:

@zkyez said:

So if you did you can tell who I'm talking about if I say DICKS or tell you a sister joke?

Thanked by 1pike
  • Netflix and other content providers are blocking IPs as fast as they can bypass. You missed the ship years ago.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • zkyezzkyez Member

@pike said:

@zkyez said:

@cociu ?

• zkyezzkyez Member
    edited June 2018

@doughmanes said:
    Netflix and other content providers are blocking IPs as fast as they can bypass. You missed the ship years ago.

Well thanks to this forum I found a replacement provider. Sadly 2 issues: the vps he sells is vz (which I hate with a passion) and I can't change the congestion control algorithm to bbr which kills the speed due to latency. I'm working with him on a second location but he needs to figure out an upload issue. Great guy overall though.

• zkyez said: Well thanks to this forum I found a replacement provider.

I still stand by my statement as you seem like you believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa still. I look forward to your future posts and I'll gladly reply the same thing.

Thanked by 1default
  • mkshmksh Member

@doughmanes said:
    Netflix and other content providers are blocking IPs as fast as they can bypass. You missed the ship years ago.

Yeah, those times when netflix didn't know about IPv6... now they block HE tunnels.

• zkyezzkyez Member

@doughmanes said:

zkyez said: Well thanks to this forum I found a replacement provider.

I still stand by my statement as you seem like you believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa still. I look forward to your future posts and I'll gladly reply the same thing.

I asked for a trial, got a limited bandwidth trial and tested it. It worked, got a month's subscription. You're obviously entitled to your own opinion, it's a free world.

@mksh said:

@doughmanes said:

Yeah, those times when netflix didn't know about IPv6... now they block HE tunnels.

Before HE tunnels an AWS ip worked miracles.

• mkshmksh Member

@zkyez said:

@mksh said:

@doughmanes said:

Well, at some point any v6 IP worked miracles.

• zkyezzkyez Member

@mksh said:

@zkyez said:

@mksh said:

@doughmanes said:

Well, at some point any v6 IP worked miracles.

It worked on V4. I don't remember AWS having v6 support back then.

• defaultdefault Veteran

• Just wondering, does Netflix blocks individual IPs with only one watcher/user?

I understand they are after VPN companies.

• @dergelbe said:
    Just wondering, does Netflix blocks individual IPs with only one watcher/user?

I understand they are after VPN companies.

They block datacenter IPs when they find them.

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited June 2018

They block datacenter IP Ranges when they find them.

This discussion has been closed.