Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for good ColoCrossing VPS providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for good ColoCrossing VPS providers

Hey guys!

Looking for a good colocrossing VPS provider, with 1gbps connection, high bandwidth (5-10TB, or even unmetered), one or two cpu cores, and a few locations (chicago, ny, cali, dallas). Needs to be either XEN or KVM. Or anything else, that would allow for a kernel module to be loaded.
Also needs to be fine with the fact, that my clients are a VPN company.

Please give me some pricing, locations and specs :-) Thank you!

P.S. - not 100% sure if I can get offers on here (rules are to be followed), if not - please at least point me to a provider, that supports all this.

Comments

• realbusinessrealbusiness Member
    edited June 2018

• imokimok Member

This is weird.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • mkshmksh Member

@t0ny0 said:
    P.S. - not 100% sure if I can get offers on here

Sure, you can. Providers wouldn't even need a tag for replying to your request.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • edited June 2018

@imok said:
    This is weird.

How come?

• lazytlazyt Member

OK CC spam?

• Not interested in Spam. I don't even mind if the SMTP (and all other mail) ports are blocked. Just very happy with CC connectivity, but not really ready for a dedi yet.

Thanks!

• mkshmksh Member

@t0ny0 said:
    Not interested in Spam.

I am not entirely sure @lazyt was hinting at that.

• @mksh said:

@t0ny0 said:
    Not interested in Spam.

I am not entirely sure @lazyt was hinting at that.

Oh, as in im spamming? I am fairly sure im allowed to ask for recommendations on here, no? Or am I missing something..?

• imokimok Member

@t0ny0 said:

@imok said:
    This is weird.

How come?

Many people here don't like CC.

@virmach has some good servers in CC. See their website.

@hiformance too, they are cheap but I haven't tested them yet.

• @imok said:

@t0ny0 said:

@imok said:
    This is weird.

How come?

Many people here don't like CC.

@virmach has some good servers in CC. See their website.

@hiformance too, they are cheap but I haven't tested them yet.

Thank you, I will check them out!

• lazytlazyt Member

An obscure joke from the Spamhaus mess a while back. Combined with a propensity for people on here to shout spammer when questions like this are asked.

Add in how many of us have their complete ranges blocked due to the rather huge amounts of crap in different forms coming out of them historically.

• @lazyt said:
    An obscure joke from the Spamhaus mess a while back. Combined with a propensity for people on here to shout spammer when questions like this are asked.

Add in how many of us have their complete ranges blocked due to the rather huge amounts of crap in different forms coming out of them historically.

To be honest - I have almost all CC IPs blocked on many of my sites and servers. However, for a VPN - that should not really be that big of an issue. Plus the connectivity that CC has, latency, speeds.. that is what I am after. I wanted to grab some dedis directly from them, but pricing is a tad bit too high for a startup VPN company.

So I completely understand why it might of looked like its not the best question in the world, but I really am after some quality CC VPS providers.

Virmach seems to be a little expensive, when it comes down to a good chunk of bandwidth. Hiformance looks pretty good. I actually reached out to them, got in touch with the CEO over skype (seriously, I had to re-sign up for skype for that lol), he seems like a nice guy, but I am not 100% sure how smart would it be to prepay for like an year or so to a company that has not been around that long. I got an yearly VPS from them to test around and see if it is good. So far - so good.

So I will keep being on the lookout for a provider for the next week, if I cant find anyone else who has good pricing for high bandwidth - I might jump to hiformance.

Thanks for the good suggestions to @imok and hopefully others can chime in too :-)

Cheers!

Thanked by 1imok
  • emmd19emmd19 Member

@t0ny0 said:

To be honest - I have almost all CC IPs blocked on many of my sites and servers. However, for a VPN - that should not really be that big of an issue.

YMMV, but for me my Virmach VPS-turned-personal-VPN was blocked on a number of sites, including the Debian wiki, US News, etc.

• @emmd19 said:

@t0ny0 said:

To be honest - I have almost all CC IPs blocked on many of my sites and servers. However, for a VPN - that should not really be that big of an issue.

YMMV, but for me my Virmach VPS-turned-personal-VPN was blocked on a number of sites, including the Debian wiki, US News, etc.

Oh wow, you are very right! I did not realize how wide the block on CC IPs is.. Just tested with my new and shiny hiformance IP and all the sites you just mentioned were blocked..

Yeah, never mind then, I guess I am better off staying away from them, and then eventually when the company decides to purchase their own IPs - they can colo at CC and use their own non-blocked IPs.

Thank you so much for pointing that out to me!

I guess now I see what @lazyt meant when saying "spam".

• @t0ny0 said:

@lazyt said:

Virmach seems to be a little expensive, when it comes down to a good chunk of bandwidth. Hiformance looks pretty good. I actually reached out to them, got in touch with the CEO over skype (seriously, I had to re-sign up for skype for that lol), he seems like a nice guy, but I am not 100% sure how smart would it be to prepay for like an year or so to a company that has not been around that long. I got an yearly VPS from them to test around and see if it is good. So far - so good.

Don't ever pay ANY vps/shared/dedi provider for annual plan in advance irrespective of their refund policy unless you test them for minimum 3 months. If everything goes well, then pay for year or two (and that too for a trusted provider)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Sofia_K said: Don't ever pay ANY vps/shared/dedi provider for annual plan in advance irrespective of their refund policy unless you test them for minimum 3 months. If everything goes well, then pay for year or two (and that too for a trusted provider)

There used to be a policy around here that you couldn't offer yearly payments until you had at least 1 year of active business.

When CC took over that went out the window since so many hosts that rent all of their stuff (as almost all CC hosted providers do) need the yearly funds to stay afloat.

It's not a fun way to do business :(

Francisco

• seanhoseanho Member

OP, your client is running a public VPN service? That narrows the field somewhat; many providers have a clause in their ToS excluding such usage, due to the potential for abuse.

• You could reach out to HudsonValleyHost support and request a custom quote for your needs.

• edited June 2018

Thanks to everyone for your recommendations. I have found a great provider, non CC obviously (thank you everyone for pointing out why it is a bad idea lol), and have a few servers from them. Not sure if I can mention the name of the provider (mods please remove if I am not allowed to) - its NFOservers.
    John has been a pleasure to work with, helped me troubleshoot some issues with connectivity (which were apparently not on their end, as much as they were on my end) and overall made me feel very welcomed, while providing some serious speeds.

Again - thank you everyone that chimed in!

I will be back soon, as business grows and we need more providers and servers.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Cheers!