Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many vps can be created in below configuration - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many vps can be created in below configuration

13»

Comments

• vgupta, please make your service bullet-proof!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Bullet proof power cord is also required.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@randvegeta said:

@KuJoe said:
    What, is that 2TB not RAIDed? This is why legitimate companies have such a hard time in the LET market. :(

Nothing wrong with not having RAID if the customers don't need it and know there is no raid. That being said, I personally think that using some sort of HA / iSCSI storage actually reduces the ongoing operating costs as well as adds reliability and possibly some performance too.

It's 2018, I can't think of a legitimate reason not to have RAID on any VPS nodes.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe said:

@randvegeta said:

@KuJoe said:
    What, is that 2TB not RAIDed? This is why legitimate companies have such a hard time in the LET market. :(

Nothing wrong with not having RAID if the customers don't need it and know there is no raid. That being said, I personally think that using some sort of HA / iSCSI storage actually reduces the ongoing operating costs as well as adds reliability and possibly some performance too.

It's 2018, I can't think of a legitimate reason not to have RAID on any VPS nodes.

Plenty of providers sell dedicated servers with single disk. Why not VPS? Some people just don't need it and would rather just rebuild a VM from scratch if the HDD were to fail.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@randvegeta said:

@KuJoe said:

@randvegeta said:

@KuJoe said:

Plenty of providers sell dedicated servers with single disk. Why not VPS? Some people just don't need it and would rather just rebuild a VM from scratch if the HDD were to fail.

I agree, plenty of providers care more about money than their clients but that doesn't make it right. The bottom line, if a VPS provider doesn't spend the extra $300 (at most) to have some form a hardware redundancy they do not care about their clients.

Thanked by 1Silvest
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe said:

@randvegeta said:

@KuJoe said:

@randvegeta said:

@KuJoe said:

I agree, plenty of providers care more about money than their clients but that doesn't make it right. The bottom line, if a VPS provider doesn't spend the extra $300 (at most) to have some form a hardware redundancy they do not care about their clients.

At scale, redundancy makes things cheaper IMO. The point isn't about saving money, it's about need. If it's not needed then it's not needed. Again, if you can see an application for a single disk dedi, then why not extend it to VPS also?

Our Free VPS nodes use single disk, host over 60 VMs each, and they've all been running fine for over 3 years. That's over 1000 VMs in total.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@hyperblast said:
    vgupta, please make your service bullet-proof!

Does one really need to spell out even the basics for you guys?

"bullet-proof" is a nice start but the essential is "off-shore, DMCA ignored".

• Over 9000!!!!

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

you may be better off asking your up line from which you are getting the server. As they will most likely be the ones to help you out when you have issues with the server.

You may want to start off with a selling reseller hosting plan and start learning a little more before going right into selling VPS systems

• MrHMrH Member

How much?

• @MrH said:
    How much?

$7

Thanked by 1MrH