Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many vps can be created in below configuration - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many vps can be created in below configuration

Comments

• @vgupta said:
    Thanks @levnode, can you please help in one more thing, can you suggest me for good and cheapest dedicated server provider.

Also please suggest me for virtualization tools, which we should use

OVH/Contabo

• vguptavgupta Member
    edited June 2018

Thank you guys for your reply, finally I purchased the dedicated server from ovh with below configuration, and I will test everything on my own, after testing I will updated correct number of vps can be created on dedicated server.

Intel Xeon E5 2630v4, 16 Core on server, 128RAM, 2000GB SSD, 128 IP’s

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

No. Please No. Just no.

• vguptavgupta Member

is there any thing wrong?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Yes. The fact you really don't know what you're getting yourself into

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2018

@vgupta said:

I can't wait to see your offers here on this forum. You will make tons of money with this. Theres almost no competition so everyone can become rich. You can probly save some extra money with nulled whmcs.

• vguptavgupta Member

@hawc I think you found some thing wrong into question, can you please help me to understand where I am going wrong ?

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited June 2018

@vgupta said:
    @hawc I think you found some thing wrong into question, can you please help me to understand where I am going wrong ?

Hi - I can point this out.

@vgupta said:
    Thank you guys for your reply, finally I purchased the dedicated server from ovh with below configuration

And here

@vgupta said:
    Actually I am not able to calculate this, so I need expert suggestion, that, how we many vcpu we can assign and how many vps can be created with provided configuration.

Actually, I have not much knowledge about vcpu and cpu core.

Hope this helps.

• mkshmksh Member

@vgupta said:

OK. Fuck it.

Thanked by 2imok MrPsycho
  • levnodelevnode Member
    edited June 2018

@mksh said:

@levnode said:
    My math:
    256 GB total RAM. Reserve 16GB? Sell 240GB. 2GB per VM, resell 1:3, 360 total. But 128Ip? It’s OK. Create 232 NAT.

Ugh. What? Considering the guy has zero clue and intents to sell the VPS i already thought giving him the impression he could somehow count on 120 VMs was bad but this is insane.

It's not like he has the disk to even support 120 VMs your calculation wants him to oversell the space by over 500%!? Do you seriously think his (single SSD with no raid??) disk is going to take the IO for anything but idle usage? I am not that sure. Also maybe you missed it but he wants to sell KVM so you are not only expecting him to deal with thin provisioning the disks at insane ratios, no you also want him to figure out how to oversell his RAM. Besides, disregarding CPU is one thing plastering 18 VMs on each core is another. On top of that NAT configuration and likely a metered 1gbit port shared between 360 people.

Yike, just yike...

@vgupta said:
    Thanks @levnode, can you please help in one more thing, can you suggest me for good and cheapest dedicated server provider.

See what you guys have done?

Yes, sigh. :v. I really feel guilty if he already bought this server.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

What have I read... please make sure he dont get a provider tag. Please.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

If you have 2TB SSD, if you don't oversell your space, and give 30GB per VM, that's at most 56 VMs, taking into consideration that you need some space for the host and all the templates and that you won't get a full 2tb of actual space.

If you limit yourself to just 56VMs then you can allocate more RAM and your CPUs won't be so heavily used.

More RAM allocated will also reduce the use of the disk for SWAP, which will help prolong the life of the SSD.

• mkshmksh Member

@levnode said:

Don't worry to much. I have a feeling he would have kept pushing until he got the answers he wanted to hear anyways. Tbh at this point i feel a bit stupid for not simply telling him to go for it, lean back and watch the drama unfold.

@mksh said:

@levnode said:

Don't worry to much. I have a feeling he would have kept pushing until he got the answers he wanted to hear anyways. Tbh at this point i feel a bit stupid for not simply telling him to go for it, lean back and watch the drama unfold.

We all start from somewhere. Probably this will not work, but you never know.

• imokimok Member

@vgupta said:
    Yes I want to deploy vps on kvm to sale

Oh dear.

@randvegeta said:

@mksh said:

@levnode said:

We all start from somewhere. Probably this will not work, but you never know.

This guy just wanted a number. I don't see any efforts on learning.

• @vgupta said:
    Thank you guys for your reply, finally I purchased the dedicated server from ovh with below configuration, and I will test everything on my own, after testing I will updated correct number of vps can be created on dedicated server.

With this server you bought you can just sell some low-end shared hosting plans. Get WHM/cPanel and start the next GVH or W00t :P

You can host 128 cPanel accounts by offering them 1 dedicated IP each.

Your shared plan can be:
    100 GB space (that's overselling)
    1 GB RAM per account (usable RAM)
    1 Dedi IP
    $6.99/month

128x6.99 = $894.72 USD per month!

Now subtract the cpanel/WHM license fees and the server cost (something about $600 it seems at OVH) and rest can be your profit!

P.S. you still need to add 1 more disk for RAID.

• DanSummerDanSummer Member
    edited June 2018

@vgupta said:

not a smart move. How do you expect to maintain or provide support to your clients when you know absolutely nothing about what you're trying to sell them? believe me, you just wasted money on that server. you could have started with something a looooooot smaller and learn from your mistake.

• isaraisara Member
    edited June 2018

@randvegeta said:
    If you have 2TB SSD, if you don't oversell your space, and give 30GB per VM, that's at most 56 VMs, taking into consideration that you need some space for the host and all the templates and that you won't get a full 2tb of actual space.

If you limit yourself to just 56VMs then you can allocate more RAM and your CPUs won't be so heavily used.

More RAM allocated will also reduce the use of the disk for SWAP, which will help prolong the life of the SSD.

@vgupta Don't be bothered with what he said, you will be rich with your hosting company. No enough RAM? Come on, just use SWAP, all providers should learn LET math:
    128/4=256.
    This is how math works here.
    And if you don't mind, let me give you some advice.

• Buy WHM license from HostUS, cheaper than OVH.
    • Fuck RAID, only cowards need RAID, your are not going to need it.
      You can earn at least 1k$ with your server!
  • Someone help him out and we get some super cheap VPS for a month or two

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Archiving this thread for a future success story.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@vgupta said:
    Actually I am not able to calculate this, so I need expert suggestion, that, how we many vcpu we can assign and how many vps can be created with provided configuration.

Actually, I have not much knowledge about vcpu and cpu core.

Experts? Wait, let me see ... "Search failed. 0 results".

But "not much knowledge about vcpu and cpu core" is much better. Let me see ... "Too many results for 32-bits."

@isara said:
    @vgupta Don't be bothered with what he said, you will be rich with your hosting company. No enough RAM? Come on, just use SWAP, all providers should learn LET math:
    128/4=256.
    This is how math works here.
    And if you don't mind, let me give you some advice.

• Buy WHM license from HostUS, cheaper than OVH.
    • Fuck RAID, only cowards need RAID, your are not going to need it.
      You can earn at least 1k$ with your server!

You seem to be quite clueless. 128/4 is not 256.

That's only true for 4.50$/month. For 7$/month 128/4 is 96. And for 2.50$/month its 512 burst.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

What, is that 2TB not RAIDed? This is why legitimate companies have such a hard time in the LET market. :(

Thanked by 3FHR joepie91 kkrajk
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe said:
    What, is that 2TB not RAIDed? This is why legitimate companies have such a hard time in the LET market. :(

Some companies even sell VPS on servers with storage in RAID 0.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

You can bump the RAM and IPs a little(calculate yourself). Your CPUs will not be heavily abused as someone said here and you will make full use of server. Just price them accordingly.

Let the show begin.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2018

This is how I picture Cloudatc*** started.

• @TimboJones said:
    This is how I picture Cloudatc*** started.

You mean cock?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I enjoyed this thread. Thanks.

• andrew1995 said: I enjoyed this thread. Thanks.

Definitely worth the price of admission.

• @vgupta said:
    is it possible to create up to 100 vps with same configuration.

Summer 2018 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on Thursday, June 21. I'd hurry up!

@KuJoe said:

Nothing wrong with not having RAID if the customers don't need it and know there is no raid. That being said, I personally think that using some sort of HA / iSCSI storage actually reduces the ongoing operating costs as well as adds reliability and possibly some performance too.