Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS client namechange to AES_ENCRYPT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS client namechange to AES_ENCRYPT

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited October 2013 in General

I was wondering who else have people signing up for an account at WHMCS and then they change their name to the following:

"First Name  AES_ENCRYPT(1,1), firstname= (SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(id,0x3a,username,0x3a,email,0x3a,password SEPARATOR 0x2c20) FROM tbladmins)"

Yes, i do have 5.2.8, and lucky me this didn't happen when i was still using 5.2.7

So yeah, who else have people doing this?
And do you think this will be harmfull?

Comments

• Hehe, they keep trying, don't they?

• I had one try that for me yesterday, I banned their IP but that won't stop them from coming back :/

• disable client registrations and you will be fine

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

You guys should get a robust mod_security rule set in place. We have our firewall setup to temporarily ban any IP that attempts to run that exploit (and various others) on our server.

• It's that reset hack. It keeps happening all day long.

• smansman Member
    edited October 2013

Go to:
    Setup>General Settings>Other>Locked Client Profile Fields
    and check "First Name", "Last Name".

Now they can't change those fields after initial sign up.

Also please do an IP trace then file an abuse report with the owner of that IP. The more people that do that the less compromised servers/proxy servers. Won't stop the little shits but makes them work harder.