Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Reliable Dedi provider (EU)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Reliable Dedi provider (EU)

Hello, i am looking for a reliable Dedicated server which can handle 5k people at once. I am using Wordpress as CMS. I have tried multiple VPS's but seems like they aren't good enough to handle such traffic.

Basically sometimes arround 1k+ people try to visit my site at once (like a ddos attack but real people) which causes Server overload. Currently i have some shared hosting which can handle about 500 visitors (when they try to visit my site at once).

Any ideas which Provider to choose? My max budget is below $100 if possible.

Cheers,

Comments

• vovlervovler Member

What is your caching solution? How much bandwidth are you using per second?

• vovler said: What is your caching solution? How much bandwidth are you using per second?

For caching i'm using WP Plugin and Cloudflare (if that helps).

For bandwidth i have no idea, since it's Shared Hosting (atm) and i believe i can't check that.

• BruceBruce Member

have you tried a cluster of VPS with load balancer. might be cheaper than a dedi, and give good results.

• @thammy321 said:

vovler said: What is your caching solution? How much bandwidth are you using per second?

For caching i'm using WP Plugin and Cloudflare (if that helps).

For bandwidth i have no idea, since it's Shared Hosting (atm) and i believe i can't check that.

cPanel? You should be able to check either way, ask your provider. Are you using default CloudFlare settings or customised?

• thammy321thammy321 Member
    edited June 2018

Hoost said: cPanel? You should be able to check either way, ask your provider. Are you using default CloudFlare settings or customised?

Found this on cPanel Screenshot today i didn't get that much traffic but usually it's over 20 MB/min. .

I am using Default Cloudflare settings.

@Bruce said:
    have you tried a cluster of VPS with load balancer. might be cheaper than a dedi, and give good results.

Was thinking about that. Do you know any providers with such thing?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We’re happy to help with the servers

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

What kind of config are you currently using? We have a wide range of servers we can offer to you under 100$ a month. So we can help you out from sure. Servers will be placed in our new Netherlands datacenter. You'll like it for sure!

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

I can offer the following, but the service is only available from august:

CPU: 6 [12] x 2 GHz - Intel Xeon E5-2430L
    RAM: 64 GB DDR3 ECC
    SSD: 120 GB (second SSD for 3 € / month)
    Connection: 1 GBit/s
    Traffic: 5 TB
    IPv4: 1 inklusive

49,99 € / Monat

If you need it now we can't offer blade servers wich are a bit cheaper, but maybe one of our HP G8 servers can satisfy your needs: https://gt-host.de/dedicated

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

We just installed many instant servers in Frankfurt started from $49/mo. No setup fees.

E3-1265Lv3, 16GB, 120GB SSD or 1TB HDD, 200M Unmetered - $49/mo.

https://gthost.com/frankfurt-dedicated-servers/

check ping and traceroute https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

• williewillie Member

5k users is not a huge number even for wordpress. It sounds like you may be using slow plugins. I'd look into optimizing the software setup before going to bigger servers.

Thanked by 1sin
  • Still looking guys... Was thinking about some of these https://hostsolutions.ro/eng/hosting/dedicated-servers-romania

• ifykoifyko Member
    edited June 2018

@thammy321 said:
    Still looking guys... Was thinking about some of these https://hostsolutions.ro/eng/hosting/dedicated-servers-romania

As per your request "i am looking for a reliable Dedicated server"

You will not find "reliable" there at HS, so look at any of the above providers and their offer (from my personal experience, clouvider is very reliable & always there plus you get free ddos protection, just incase your wordpress website gets ddosed in future).

HS will nullroute your ip for hours based on suspected ddos attack even if your ip isn't being ddosed since your 1k+ visits "like a ddos attack but real people". My point: HS shouldn't be used in production or when reliability is priority but they are good for backups, etc

Thanked by 2Clouvider mksh
  • I’d suggest you look into managed hosting. A small Dedicated server and the host helps you optimize Wordpress.

Also, look @ your theme, amount of content loaded per visitor and plugins, Wordpress can be a headache when unoptimized.