Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Search for a Monthly payment cheap vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Search for a Monthly payment cheap vps

yibeiyibei Member
edited June 2018 in Requests

I want search for a plan like this for a private service for myself.
Technology:KVM
Disk: 5GB is Okay
RAM:256MB is Okay
Bandwidth:100GB is Okay
1Gbps .
IPv4: 1
I want to pay by paypal.
Monthly payment
Who can give me the cheapest plan?

Comments

• yibeiyibei Member

I don't need much bandwidth,but it need a high transmission rate

• What location? How "cheap" is cheap for you?

If EU is fine, Hetzner and Scaleway are decent choices (€2.50 and €2.00 excl VAT) with (way) better specs than you asked for. Their hourly rates are also proportionally cheap.

I really doubt you're going to get a quality KVM (or host) with such low specs at cheaper prices on monthly contracts.

• yibeiyibei Member

@nullnothere said:
    What location? How "cheap" is cheap for you?

If EU is fine, Hetzner and Scaleway are decent choices (€2.50 and €2.00 excl VAT) with (way) better specs than you asked for. Their hourly rates are also proportionally cheap.

I really doubt you're going to get a quality KVM (or host) with such low specs at cheaper prices on monthly contracts.

Every location is ok,I don't care this, my location is China.

I use Vultr 2.5$/month now,but the speed is slowly for me.

• Please see my blog,tsukaeru is good,the location is jp.

• Every location is ok,I don't care this, my location is China.

From what I know, Hetzner (and some EU hosts) are not very ideal for China connections - both latency wise (due to routing issues) and because GFW may/does block IPs/subnets unpredictably.

You're probably better off looking for some US-West Coast options (typically LA has good peering/routes to China).

See this thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/145925/report-bad-experience-in-vmhaus for some recent issues with @VMHaus (who have a $15/year KVM in US-LA+UK). They do not offer IP changes in case of GFW issues now but you can reach out and ask them for options.

Tagging @randvegeta who has some options with good China routes in HK who may be able to help (not sure on the circumventing GFW issues).

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • yibeiyibei Member
    edited June 2018

@zhujiwiki said:
    Please see my blog,tsukaeru is good,the location is jp.

Hello yuluodalao

• yibeiyibei Member

@nullnothere said:

Every location is ok,I don't care this, my location is China.

From what I know, Hetzner (and some EU hosts) are not very ideal for China connections - both latency wise (due to routing issues) and because GFW may/does block IPs/subnets unpredictably.

You're probably better off looking for some US-West Coast options (typically LA has good peering/routes to China).

See this thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/145925/report-bad-experience-in-vmhaus for some recent issues with @VMHaus (who have a $15/year KVM in US-LA+UK). They do not offer IP changes in case of GFW issues now but you can reach out and ask them for options.

Tagging @randvegeta who has some options with good China routes in HK who may be able to help (not sure on the circumventing GFW issues).

Thank you for the choice you offered

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

We can do HK based VPS. At 256MB RAM, the only thing we offer is the NAT VPS for US$8.50 /year. But we don't have stock and we find that the limited RAM really hits the performance of the VPS.

Do you have a particular budget in mind.

If you're doing KVM based virtualization, I strongly suggest more RAM (at least 1G) because most OS require at least this much for normal installation any way.

We actually have a special offer right now on our new HA cluster with 65% discount for the first 256 account), which means for now, we have a 1GB RAM VPS available for just $7 /month.

If you have your heat set on $2.50/month, then the closest thing available is the NAT VPS. But 256MB RAM? Really?

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@randvegeta said:
    I strongly suggest more RAM (at least 1G) because most OS require at least this much for normal installation any way.

No offense but at least for Debian (stuff like CentOS and Ubuntu are probably different beasts) this is excessive. I have no recent experience with 256MB systems (even if i remember at least Wheezy installing fine on 128MB) but i just recently did a Jessie (admittedly Devuan not really Debian) install on a physical machine with 384MB of ram with zero problems. Not to mention that depending on use case 256MB is plenty to run it if you know what you are doing.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Why not pick up one if the 1€/month Arubacloud vps with 1GB Ram 10?! GB SSD..

• yibeiyibei Member

The vps is only for a little proxy services for myself,centos system with 256RAM is enough for me.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@yibei said:
    The vps is only for a little proxy services for myself,centos system with 256RAM is enough for me.

CentOS and 256MB RAM may be tight.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2018

@yibei said:

Go with Aruba then :)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@mksh said:

@randvegeta said:
    I strongly suggest more RAM (at least 1G) because most OS require at least this much for normal installation any way.

No offense but at least for Debian (stuff like CentOS and Ubuntu are probably different beasts) this is excessive. I have no recent experience with 256MB systems (even if i remember at least Wheezy installing fine on 128MB) but i just recently did a Jessie (admittedly Devuan not really Debian) install on a physical machine with 384MB of ram with zero problems. Not to mention that depending on use case 256MB is plenty to run it if you know what you are doing.

Agreed that it is not strictly required, and some OS will install fine with far less RAM. Debian is fairly light weight. But the recommended minimum is still 256MB, and that is as far as I know, the lowest minimum set by any current/modern common Linux distro.

The recommended number is still 512MB+. Most major distro recommends 2GB with minimums of 1GB.

Amazingly, many of our NAT VPS clients will install VNC + GUI on their VPS. Then when they run Firefox on top, it runs incredibly slow, and then wonder why....

• mkshmksh Member

@randvegeta said:
    Amazingly, many of our NAT VPS clients will install VNC + GUI on their VPS. Then when they run Firefox on top, it runs incredibly slow, and then wonder why....

Sure, that setup is insane. I am not even saying VNC + GUI is all that unrealistic (not some fullblown DE of course) but firefox... That is so wrong and also for more reasons than just ram usage.

I've been running firefox on a 512MB laptop with a stoneage CPU (around 350 passmark) and it was usable. Slow to the point of being annoying but usable and imo the bottleneck wasn't even RAM but CPU.

I guess 512MB makes quite a difference here though as it mostly avoids swapping (unless of course people install a full blown DE which i am sure they will...) which will turn out horrible on a shared disk and i'd never expect a tiny NAT VPS to take the metric fuckton of load introduced by all the javascript ridden shitfests out there anyways.

Fun fact: On that system i had to patch geany to remove code highlighting as it was enough to completely overwhelm the CPU. Go figure.

TL;DR: Agree, desktop usage on a lowend NAT VPS is a horrible idea.

• seanhoseanho Member

I've run debian stretch on a 128MB KVM. Swap is useful to do an apt-get update or much of anything else, but it's adequate for a VPN. I currently have a 64MB KVM running debian stretch, but needed to use Jessie's kernel otherwise it wouldn't boot; the kernel wouldn't fit into RAM.

Thanked by 2Shot2 mksh
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

We provide VPS at $2.9/m (Use Coupon: DYY28IAI7D )

One Click Docker Installer, OpenVPN Installer, etc.

20GB SSD disk, 1GB RAM, KVM.