Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VM Speeds
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VM Speeds

hexukhexuk Member

Out of curiosity what is a good speed to get for both download and upload that is above average on VM's?

Comments

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

I think this is a rather odd question? It depends on both the Provider's network and the network on the other side, the possible limits one side or someone down the road may have set, and many more factors that influence the speed you actually get out of your "VM"... I think a little more context would be a great way to make this question more feasible to "catch" answers ;)

• hexukhexuk Member

@RickBakkr said:
    I think this is a rather odd question? It depends on both the Provider's network and the network on the other side, the possible limits one side or someone down the road may have set, and many more factors that influence the speed you actually get out of your "VM"... I think a little more context would be a great way to make this question more feasible to "catch" answers ;)

Ok how about on a Gbit network, what would be a good speed for VM's to get. Or in the UK what is a good speed for the individual VM's and what is competitive.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@hexuk said:
    Ok how about on a Gbit network, what would be a good speed for VM's to get. Or in the UK what is a good speed for the individual VM's and what is competitive.

To what location?

Thanked by 2Aidan RickBakkr
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Speaking of the UK, we can obviously say that Dom's aka @Clouvider 's network is absolutely superb. Just did a speedtest using speedtest-cli on my VM with him, speaks for itself (this could be considered above average imho). I know VMHaus and our LET Lord Anthony use the same network in London - for what it takes ;-)

Thanked by 3vmhaus Clouvider hexuk
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@RickBakkr said:
    Speaking of the UK, we can obviously say that Dom's aka @Clouvider 's network is absolutely superb. Just did a speedtest using speedtest-cli on my VM with him, speaks for itself (this could be considered above average imho). I know VMHaus and our LET Lord Anthony use the same network in London - for what it takes ;-)

To spice things up a little, other than Clouvider being one of our Transits, we also have LINX and LONAP IX ports on top of it :)