Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LTD Formation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LTD Formation

Hi there,

I would like to register LTD. in UK for a company. But I am not resident of UK.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk required any verification? Seems they offer LTD formation at cheap price. If they don't, I'll try them. Or anyone here, who'll helps me to verify LTD formation.

Best regards,
Khalequzzaman

Comments

• @khalequzzaman17 said:
    Hi there,

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk required any verification? Seems they offer LTD formation at cheap price. If they don't, I'll try them. Or anyone here, who'll helps me to verify LTD formation.

Best regards,
    Khalequzzaman

I think you will need a physical address in UK to get started with registration.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@khalequzzaman17 said:
    Hi there,

Best regards,
    Khalequzzaman

Companies House is the registry, not a formation agent.

• But I have found it, https://ewf.companieshouse.gov.uk/runpage?page=welcome.

I'm not sure they does. Would you please drop a few ltd formation companies who offer at cheap price? Without any document verification.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@khalequzzaman17 said:
    But I have found it, https://ewf.companieshouse.gov.uk/runpage?page=welcome.

I'm not sure they does. Would you please drop a few ltd formation companies who offer at cheap price? Without any document verification.

What do you have to hide ?

• I have said before. I'm not resident of UK. So.......

• @khalequzzaman17 said:
    I have said before. I'm not resident of UK. So.......

How is that related to @Clouvider's legitimate questioning of you not wanting to perform document verification?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • You don't need to be a resident, you just need an address in the UK (Afaik).

You are probably going to be needing something that can register your LTD and provide an office address as a package. Otherwise, on its own there's not a whole lot of price different between registering directly or with a third party.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Note that even though you would register the Limited in the United Kingdom, you most likely still need to register the company in the country of your residence and register with your local tax institutions. Don't take my word on this, because I don't know your country of residence and it's legislation!!
    Multiple reasons that were the case here in The Netherlands caused me to register a company in my home country rather than a Limited in the UK, even though it would provide me with more security than the form my company is right now (in which I am financially liable myself / me and my company are the same entity for law).

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@RickBakkr said:
    Note that even though you would register the Limited in the United Kingdom, you most likely still need to register the company in the country of your residence and register with your local tax institutions. Don't take my word on this, because I don't know your country of residence and it's legislation!!
    Multiple reasons that were the case here in The Netherlands caused me to register a company in my home country rather than a Limited in the UK, even though it would provide me with more security than the form my company is right now (in which I am financially liable myself / me and my company are the same entity for law).

That's true if you would like to operate legally, several LET providers are not. Additionally he wants to do it "without verification" (whatever that means), so he is most likely not interested in operating a legal company, which is sadly very easy to do with a Ltd.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

The joys of summer. It's likely that he doesn't have any documents to verify to begin with.

• classyclassy Member

@RickBakkr said:

Why didn’t you go for a Flex BV?

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@classy said:

@RickBakkr said:

A BV was definately an option, but being a 18-years-old I felt like it made more sense to opt for a "Eenmanszaak". Primarily for reasons where I do not plan to make a lot of revenue, to prevent administrative clutter and the absolute low costs of the signup of a Eenmanszaak compared to a BV ;-)

• classyclassy Member

@RickBakkr said:

@classy said:

@RickBakkr said:

A BV was definately an option, but being a 18-years-old I felt like it made more sense to opt for a "Eenmanszaak". Primarily for reasons where I do not plan to make a lot of revenue, to prevent administrative clutter and the absolute low costs of the signup of a Eenmanszaak compared to a BV ;-)

Ah yes, you concluded you might have overestimated your need for the liability protection at first :-)

• @deank said:
    The joys of summer. It's likely that he doesn't have any documents to verify to begin with.

OP mentioned nothing about hosting! It might be for a juggling business.

I miss WSS.

• @Hoost I miss him as well. I talk to him away from here, but it is not the same.