Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for HK server w/ China Route
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for HK server w/ China Route

ehhthingehhthing Member
edited June 2018 in Requests

Hi,

I'm looking for a server in Hong Kong with a China Route (preferably CN2, but should perform at <= ~80ms to most parts of eastern china)

512mb RAM, 10GB SSD and >= 500 GB bandwidth at >= 50mbps.

Budget: 17 CAD / month

Preferably an English website with English support available.

Comments

• qtwrkqtwrk Member
    edited June 2018

The closest to your requirements is cubecloud

Aff link. https://www.cubecloud.net/aff.php?aff=898

E5-2670 * 2 vCore

Ram 1024M

SWAP 512M

SSD 15G

BW 400G

Link 50Mbps

IPv4 * 1 / IPv6 * 25

65 RMB /m, roughly 10-ish USD, but when comes with transaction fee and exchange rate, you will probably end up like pay 15 USD, I don't know.

Being using it for 2 months, VPS went down twice or thrice, massive DDoS on its entire /24 (I think) happens once or twice per month, and when under attack it reroute to EU/RU.

Yes, it's not very good, but I couldn't find any better with that price.

• Aliyun Cloud is good but it's 30 Mbps at 9$/month.

• @qtwrk said:

E5-2670 * 2 vCore

Ram 1024M

SWAP 512M

SSD 15G

BW 400G

Link 50Mbps

IPv4 * 1 / IPv6 * 25

65 RMB /m, roughly 10-ish USD, but when comes with transaction fee and exchange rate, you will probably end up like pay 15 USD, I don't know.

Being using it for 2 months, VPS went down twice or thrice, massive DDoS on its entire /24 (I think) happens once or twice per month, and when under attack it reroute to EU/RU.

This looks reasonable, but since I don't know how to write Chinese, it might be hard to get any kind of support.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • Not sure if @randvegeta can do so much traffic at such a low cost. Else you could see if @deployvm has some stuff in south-east russia available.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@teamacc said:
    Not sure if @randvegeta can do so much traffic at such a low cost. Else you could see if @deployvm has some stuff in south-east russia available.

Technically, no one can if you consider the cost of dedicated CN2 bandwidth. No provider/ISP, no matter how large, has bandwidth to China THAT cheap. Not even close. With that in mind, there are cheap options if you can accept that congestion at certain times of the day is a possibility.

$17 CAD is a bit low, but we have some options at that kind of price point.

@ehhthing, how much guaranteed performance do you need?

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@ehhthing said:

@qtwrk said:

E5-2670 * 2 vCore

Ram 1024M

SWAP 512M

SSD 15G

BW 400G

Link 50Mbps

IPv4 * 1 / IPv6 * 25

This looks reasonable, but since I don't know how to write Chinese, it might be hard to get any kind of support.

support does english ...

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited June 2018

@randvegeta said:

@teamacc said:
    Not sure if @randvegeta can do so much traffic at such a low cost. Else you could see if @deployvm has some stuff in south-east russia available.

Technically, no one can if you consider the cost of dedicated CN2 bandwidth. No provider/ISP, no matter how large, has bandwidth to China THAT cheap. Not even close. With that in mind, there are cheap options if you can accept that congestion at certain times of the day is a possibility.

I'm fine with shared ports and performance degrading during peak hours, but 17 CAD is a hard limit.

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@ehhthing said:

@randvegeta said:

@teamacc said:

I'm fine with shared ports and performance degrading during peak hours, but 17 CAD is a hard limit.

yeah ... try CubeCloud then , don't directly pay on USD , if you are in Canada , try find some Chinese over then , you should be able to trade 65 RMB for 13 USD , which is pretty much your 17 CAD limits.

ehhthing said: I'm fine with shared ports and performance degrading during peak hours, but 17 CAD is a hard limit.

Can you fix the hard limit in USD to make it easier? CAD is on the weaker end right now, so it might be in your favor any way, but if it gets any weaker, then anything less than $13 USD is pretty low.

If you're interested, I could do the following for you.

RAM: 1GB
    Disk: 10GB SSD or 20GB HDD RAID10 with SSD Cache in HA cluster
    Bandwidth: 500GB Data Transfer on 1G Shared Port

Direct Routes to China available.

If you want pure SSD, we have this available on our KVM nodes, which use the Virtualizor control panel. Hypervisors are Xeon E3v5.

If you are interested in the SSD cached RAID 10 array, then it's on our new Xen HA Cluster, but no control panel at this time. Hypervisors are Dual Xeon E5v2.

Also, for anyone who wants to reduce the ram to get the price down, our nodes are more disk limited than RAM, so we can't really offer discounts for less RAM. But you can often get a small bump in the RAM for free or for cheap if you order our normal plans.

edited June 2018

@randvegeta said:

ehhthing said: I'm fine with shared ports and performance degrading during peak hours, but 17 CAD is a hard limit.

Can you fix the hard limit in USD to make it easier? CAD is on the weaker end right now, so it might be in your favor any way, but if it gets any weaker, then anything less than $13 USD is pretty low.

If you want pure SSD, we have this available on our KVM nodes, which use the Virtualizor control panel. Hypervisors are Xeon E3v5.

If you are interested in the SSD cached RAID 10 array, then it's on our new Xen HA Cluster, but no control panel at this time. Hypervisors are Dual Xeon E5v2.

Also, for anyone who wants to reduce the ram to get the price down, our nodes are more disk limited than RAM, so we can't really offer discounts for less RAM. But you can often get a small bump in the RAM for free or for cheap if you order our normal plans.

I can fix the price @ 13 USD. I wont need this until the start of July, I am waiting for my VPS at another provider to expire. However, is there a way for you to charge me CAD instead of USD? You can do the conversions and add your own processing fees if you would like.

• onplusonplus Member
    edited June 2018
  • I'm not looking for shared IPs or dynamic IPs, thanks though.

@ehhthing said:

@randvegeta said:

I can fix the price @ 13 USD. I wont need this until the start of July, I am waiting for my VPS at another provider to expire. However, is there a way for you to charge me CAD instead of USD? You can do the conversions and add your own processing fees if you would like.

That would make it go over $17 CAD then. Probably around $18 though.

• LeonnLeonn Member
    edited June 2018

alibaba cloud seems meet your requirement if you don't mind 30Mbps
    https://www.alibabacloud.com/en/starter-packages

edited June 2018

@randvegeta said:

@ehhthing said:

@randvegeta said:

That would make it go over $17 CAD then. Probably around $18 though.

Yea that's fine.

• szylhhszylhh Member

I can help you buy Alibaba Cloud my telegram :https://t.me/xiaogegeya