Stripe not going to support hosting company to get payment !
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Stripe not going to support hosting company to get payment !

toshosttoshost Member, Provider
edited June 3 in General

TOSHOST LTD is a Registered Limited company. We are doing business since 2012. Already use lots of payment getway like Paypal, skrill, coin payment, payza, 2co & Stripe.
Recently our management decide to use stripe because stripe have lot option to get payment . Last 5 months we use Stripe and never face any dispute issue, already done a lots of successful card payment without charge-back or dispute.

Yesterday Stripe Team sent us an email about that they are not going to support our website

Our systems recently identified charges that appear to be unauthorized by the cardholder, meaning that the owner of the credit or debit card did not consent to these payments. This unfortunately means that we will no longer be able to accept payments for toshost.com.

After getting this mail we ask them to provide us any specified transaction details which make problem.

Finally we got a response today.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can certainly understand your concern on this matter and I'd be happy to provide some clarification. Stripe has some extremely strict regulations when it comes to the businesses we can and cannot work with. Unfortunately, our prior experience with businesses similar to yours has resulted in a higher number of chargebacks than with others, so we're not able to support any businesses of this nature moving forward. This is not to accuse you or your business of any wrongdoing, as I do see that you haven't yet received any disputes. This is rather the result of a few bad actors in the past shaping our regulations for the future.

I truly wish this wasn't the case, as we'd prefer to work with as many types of businesses as we can. However, these restrictions are quite firm, and we aren't given any leeway on this decision. If you need any assistance with migrating your data to another payment processor, please let me know. I realize this isn't always an easy process and I'd like to help make your transition as smooth as possible.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get back in touch. I'm here to help.

Best,
Violet

So I would like to know any hosting provider who are using stripe got this kind of mail ?
We are 100% confirm that we never face any refund or chargeback issue with them. Really shocked to get this kind of decision form them.

Thanked by 1hanoi

TOSHOST LTD:: Total Online Solution Relivable Server Provider Since 2012

Managed cPanel VPS, Budget VPS, Managed Dedicated, cPanel Shared Hosting in USA, UK,SG,GR,BD, CANADA >>>

Comments

• key900key900 Member, Provider

@toshost said:
    is a

We have the same case and we just gave up their customer services are extremely useless!

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
    *LetBox.Com Make it Simple, Pure NVMe + Block Storage Boxes!.
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

I have not had any issue like this, but I have almost no chargebacks through Stripe. If there are any payment that are high risk I immediately refund them. There are some pretty big hosting companies that have used Stripe for years, so this just seems like a way to get rid of individual accounts that have many chargebacks.

• MikePTMikePT Member

Alternatives? Braintree? Ayden or whatever is called?

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS

MXroute.io - SMTP Relay Service, powered by MailChannels, fully automated.

New brand coming soon!

• hzrhzr Member

lol, if stripe doesn't want you due to risk/fraud, adyen won't even talk to you

• MikePTMikePT Member

@hzr said:
    lol, if stripe doesn't want you due to risk/fraud, adyen won't even talk to you

Why? Never used Adyen. Seems to be pretty awesome though.

New brand coming soon!

• hzrhzr Member

Adyen is awesome. If your company is crap though, they won't touch you.

• MikePTMikePT Member

@hzr said:
    Adyen is awesome. If your company is crap though, they won't touch you.

Have you used their services?

New brand coming soon!

@MikePT said:
    Braintree?

Not much of a real difference than PayPal. Braintree support is extremely slow to respond (i.e. 1 week), also they will run a credit check on you to check risk.

Thanked by 2MikePT gestiondbi
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Provider

MikeA said: Not much of a real difference than PayPal. Braintree support is extremely slow to respond (i.e. 1 week), also they will run a credit check on you to check risk.

Not my experience with them. Their support has been great to me. Quick responses to tickets and people on the phone were very nice. Though I will admit I have barely ever needed to talk to them.

Subnet Labs, LLC Contact Us Deploy to: Seattle, Dallas or NYC
    Impact VPS | Cloud Servers | Storage Servers | Impact Shared | Shared Hosting

• MikePTMikePT Member

Thanks folks. I do have a great experience with PayPal though I would like to start accepting credit cards. Not sure what payment gateway we should use.

New brand coming soon!

• @MikePT said:

Bitcoin, because charge back is impossible.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

Try squareup.com as alternative payment solution

Thanked by 1MikePT
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • wavecomaswavecomas Member, Provider

This issue is much wider. Im with public limited company having AAA credit rating and our application got negative result from Mollie . After inguiry they finally gived answer that web/cloud hosting industry is not welcome anymore..

Thanked by 1MikePT

WaveCom - server experts from Estonia | Webhosting | VPS | vCloud | Private/ Public cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | VoIP
    LET VPS offer | LET Colocation offer | Read about our datacenter | www.wavecom.ee | [email protected]

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@MikePT said:
    Thanks folks. I do have a great experience with PayPal though I would like to start accepting credit cards. Not sure what payment gateway we should use.

PayPal Pro allows you to charge CC directly.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@wavecomas said:
    This issue is much wider. Im with public limited company having AAA credit rating and our application got negative result from Mollie . After inguiry they finally gived answer that web/cloud hosting industry is not welcome anymore..

/me still being a happy customer of Mollie - even as a hosting provider.

• wavecomaswavecomas Member, Provider

@Zerpy said:

@wavecomas said:

/me still being a happy customer of Mollie - even as a hosting provider.

Most probably because EU regulations and habits wont make make them cancel excisting accounts..

WaveCom - server experts from Estonia | Webhosting | VPS | vCloud | Private/ Public cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | VoIP
    LET VPS offer | LET Colocation offer | Read about our datacenter | www.wavecom.ee | [email protected]

• HxxxHxxx Member

PayPal Standard allow non PayPal users to pay with card.

@Clouvider said:

@MikePT said:

@Hxxx said:
    PayPal Standard allow non PayPal users to pay with card.

@Clouvider said:

@MikePT said:

But you can’t charge the CC directly.

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited June 2

You have to police your customers. Ask for ID, selfie holding said ID, utility bill, marriage certificate, vaccination certificate, blood tests etc. It is in the very nature of the financial system because all transactions are reversible so everyone wants to cover their ass in triplicate.

Or people could use just crypto...

Just find another payment provider. It's not a big deal.

• toshosttoshost Member, Provider

@MikeA said:
    I have not had any issue like this, but I have almost no chargebacks through Stripe. If there are any payment that are high risk I immediately refund them. There are some pretty big hosting companies that have used Stripe for years, so this just seems like a way to get rid of individual accounts that have many chargebacks.

We never face any chargeback issue.

Managed cPanel VPS, Budget VPS, Managed Dedicated, cPanel Shared Hosting in USA, UK,SG,GR,BD, CANADA >>>

@Abdussamad said:
    You have to police your customers. Ask for ID, selfie holding said ID, utility bill, marriage certificate, vaccination certificate, blood tests etc. It is in the very nature of the financial system because all transactions are reversible so everyone wants to cover their ass in triplicate.

Or people could use just crypto...

Just find another payment provider. It's not a big deal.

Stripe not give us any specific id or we never face any charge back issue yet. All client using our service for long time.

• MikePTMikePT Member

@try4lontalk said:

@MikePT said:

Bitcoin, because charge back is impossible.

We cannot use Bitcoin in Portugal. It's not regulated.

@Clouvider said:

@MikePT said:

I need to have a separate company to bill CC, I got clients that simply don't want anything to do with PP... :\

New brand coming soon!

edited June 2

I normally find that if someone has an outright issue with PayPal there’s a reason to worry on thebfraud screening front. PayPal Pro is not visible to the Customer, if you process your end, PayPal is not mentioned on the cc bill either

Thanked by 1MikePT

• HxxxHxxx Member

But then you have to be fully PCI-Compliant, all steps, all the way.

@Clouvider said:
    I normally find that if someone has an outright issue with PayPal there’s a reason to worry on thebfraud screening front. PayPal Pro is not visible to the Customer, if you process your end, PayPal is not mentioned on the cc bill either

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • deankdeank Member

Guy 1: I hate Paypal. I won't use it.

Guy 2: Wat happened?

Guy 1: Nothing. They froze my account for no apparent reason.

Guy 2: U must've done something?

Guy 1: Nope, nothing. I scammed a guy and he filed a dispute. My account balance went minus and they kicked me out. Fucktards. I didn't do anything.

Guy 2: I see.

The first thing a new host lies about: "We" when it's "Me".

• joerijoeri Member
    edited June 2

You could try https://www.mollie.com/en/payments note that mollie only pays out to bank accounts with a IBAN

Thanked by 1elwebmaster
  • FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member

@joeri said:
    You could try https://www.mollie.com/en/payments note that mollie only pays out to bank accounts with a IBAN

Was about to say. If you contact support, They can do american bank accounts too i thought

• MikePTMikePT Member
    edited June 2

@Hxxx said:
    But then you have to be fully PCI-Compliant, all steps, all the way.

@Clouvider said:

Never used PayPal Pro, does it store the CC info and not only the token?

Edit:
    https://docs.whmcs.com/Payflow_Pro

Payflow will do it.

New brand coming soon!

• jarjar Provider

@toshost Can you DM me the email address that you used to converse with their support team? I'm concerned about the phrase "businesses of this nature" and would like to start a discussion with them.

Thanked by 1mohamed
  • vovlervovler Member

@jarland said:
    @toshost Can you DM me the email address that you used to converse with their support team? I'm concerned about the phrase "businesses of this nature" and would like to start a discussion with them.

You using Stripe?

@jarland said:

It's their official support email id.

• NomadNomad Member

Stripe was best, especially with the Hostbill integrated support and with its ease of use but it says on their TOS that they do not support hosting companies.

@Clouvider said:

PayPal doesn't work in every country.
    Neither as a seller nor a user.

NameSilo.com coupons: CheapDoms or Discounted
    - Send Everything My Way

• jarjar Provider
    edited June 3

@toshost said:

@jarland said:

I mean your email, so I can say "I heard you were conversing with ______."

@vovler said:

@jarland said:

You using Stripe?

In more than one company, if you get what I'm hinting at. I need to know ASAP if they're going to cut off hosting providers. That seems to be what they've said here.

• MikePTMikePT Member

@jarland said:

@toshost said:

@jarland said:

I mean your email, so I can say "I heard you were conversing with ______."

@vovler said:

@jarland said:

You using Stripe?

In more than one company, if you get what I'm hinting at. I need to know ASAP if they're going to cut off hosting providers. That seems to be what they've said here.

Read from several hosting companies that they no longer want to do business with hosting companies. Not all though. There seem to be a few exceptions. I will email them as I was considering to start using them.

New brand coming soon!

Would be disappointing if they actually are going to start blocking off merchants that sell hosting services. They're one of my favorite card processors, plus the fraud tools they have are pretty well developed.

• jhjh Member

Re Stripe, same happened to us and it took 18 months for them to change their mind. Just move on. PayPal Pro is an expensive alternative though.

Greetings of the day!!!!

• MikePTMikePT Member

So what about Skrill? Authorize.net?

New brand coming soon!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
    edited June 3

No issues here, is stripe used at DO @jarland would be fun to start a public twitter storm about this if I do get a we don't support hosts email?

• MikePTMikePT Member

2checkout seems interesting. How long does it take to withdraw funds to EU? And how about fees compared to PayPal? Need to investigate all this tomorrow.

New brand coming soon!

edited June 3

@MikePT said:
    2checkout seems interesting. How long does it take to withdraw funds to EU? And how about fees compared to PayPal? Need to investigate all this tomorrow.

2CO explicitly does not allow hosting businesses, there’s a twitter exchange between ourselves, another host and them where they say it explicitly.

Thanked by 1MikePT

• HannanHannan Member, Provider

I am very concern about this. Anyone else faced the same issue with Stripe?

Linux and Windows VPS for only $3.5 Per month @ RouterHosting

• CConnerCConner Member, Provider

We might end up in a situation where hosting businesses need to open up physical stores because they can't accept online payments anymore :P

Thanked by 1mohamed

@CConner said:
    We might end up in a situation where hosting businesses need to open up physical stores because they can't accept online payments anymore :P

Snail mail cash payments for VPS incoming?

Thanked by 1CConner
  • ZenZen Member

Every host needs to push crypto. Rather than whining about the intricacies of it, collectively begin to accept crypto and make it a norm for consumers.

There are plenty of ways to explain to the end-user how to pay with crypto easily, the advantages of it, it doesn't have to be reserved for the technically inclined. There are feeless cryptos like Nano for the people who think crypto == BTC.

curl -L range.website

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

Zen said: Every host needs to push crypto.

I disagree. Crypto-currencies do have a lot of benefits, but also have downsides to them so this is not the end-all solution. Some clients I like it when they pay with BTC, others I'd prefer they use something with better fraud checking. Not to mention, if a company approaches you willing to write you a sizable check, you don't try to convince them to pay you in BTC.

Thanked by 2Aidan Wolveix
    -Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
    Need free hosting? Get AFreeCloud
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Provider

Last year we applied for Stripe Atlas and was rejected because of our business model (Hosting).

https://stripe.com/docs/atlas#cannot

DeployNode - 1GB Ram , 20GB Storage , 1xCPU , 1TB BW ,Price :$1/month !
    Host4Fun KVM VPS in : SG,LA,UK,NL,PHX,ASH,ATL,NY,NC,DAL,MIA,CHI,OR,RS,DE,FR,PL,CA (21+ Locations!).

@KuJoe said:

Zen said: Every host needs to push crypto.

I disagree. Crypto-currencies do have a lot of benefits, but also have downsides to them so this is not the end-all solution. Some clients I like it when they pay with BTC, others I'd prefer they use something with better fraud checking. Not to mention, if a company approaches you willing to write you a sizable check, you don't try to convince them to pay you in BTC.

I also disagree and support @KuJoe here. I’d also add that in case of Crypto, you may quickly find yourself with no bank account when your bank realises you’re cashing in on Crypto through their facilities.

• VMboxVMbox Member, Provider

@MikePT said:

I receive my funds every Monday. Cut off day for last payment is the Tuesday before I think.

Fees I pay:

Transaction Rate
    2.4% + $0.30 per transaction
    Monthly Service Fee
    $0.00
    International Sales Fee
    1.5% per transaction

Thanked by 1MikePT

VMBOX.CO.UK - RAID10 PURE SSD KVM VPS / SSD CACHED OVZ - NL/LA/PHX - FREE WILDCARD SSL'S - FREE DDOS MITIGATION

• ZenZen Member

KuJoe said: I disagree. Crypto-currencies do have a lot of benefits, but also have downsides to them so this is not the end-all solution. Some clients I like it when they pay with BTC, others I'd prefer they use something with better fraud checking. Not to mention, if a company approaches you willing to write you a sizable check, you don't try to convince them to pay you in BTC.

Clouvider said: I also disagree and support @KuJoe here. I’d also add that in case of Crypto, you may quickly find yourself with no bank account when your bank realises you’re cashing in on Crypto through their facilities.

It isn't a perfect end-all solution, but for you (the collective hosting industry) there isn't one, since the entire industry is "dirty" enough to stop mainstream payment processors from servicing your business. Hosts need to accept the positives and negatives, one of which is that crypto doesn't have an agenda, it isn't going to come for your business one morning and fuck your week, month, or year up by declaring some obscene policy change.

I don't want to turn this discussion into a crypto circlejerk but I'll just address a couple things you mentioned:

Crypto doesn't stop you from running fraud checks and maintaining legitimate clients. You can still do ID verification, you can still cross-reference details with industry-wide blacklists, and some crypto payment processors will do a lot of this for you. Check out coingate, simplex.. plenty more mainstream ones too.

If you have a large client, payment processing is rarely an issue. Even if you only accepted crypto (which isn't what I recommended anyway) you could easily accept a bank transfer without much hassle for a large client, the same goes for many other means of payment.

Yes, major banks are generally aligned against crypto (though whether they would take action against a small time business cashing in crypto in a perfectly legitimate manner is another discussion entirely) but there are plenty of smaller banks that wouldn't have any problems with it.

Thanked by 1ntlx

curl -L range.website

• ezeeezee Member

To the OP or anyone else interested.

We have been using Stripe for 4 years, and I just had a chat with them. They DO support website hosting businesses and the OP was a manual ban, not an industry-wide ban.

They said as long as your business is risk adverse then web hosting companies have nothing to worry about.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K