Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arubacloud IPv6 limitation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arubacloud IPv6 limitation

Hi there,

Aruba has a limitation on the use of IPv6 addresses, according to its policy.

I would like to share with you my experience related to this limitation in case you are interested in using multiple IPv6 addresses:

1. Although it is stipulated in the policy that a client may ask the support for a greater amount of IPv6 addresses, the support actually responds that the limit is irrevocable and cannot be lifted or increased.

2. Despite the page in the knowledge base being headlined as "Public IP -> IPv6", Aruba seems to limit not only public addresses, but also private ones or scope local/host which is a nonsense.

3. When their automatic monitoring system detects a machine violating this limitation, it may disconnect not only this particular machine, but also all your machines in all DCs and even suspend your account. The support, at least in my case, fails to explain the reason for such actions and it takes them a few days to reconnect the machines.

Did you encounter anything like this while using Aruba's services? Do you know why they have to limit IPv6 addresses being used?

Thanks

Thanked by 1rm_

Comments

• They are cheap, what did you think?

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@sundaymouse said:
    They are cheap, what did you think?

Cheap, yes, but that still sounds unreasonable.

If I spend 10k to buy a car, I wouldn't expect it to be as good as a 100k car, but I still expect it to be a functional car, not something with engine break or oil leak

Thanked by 1rm_
  • When their automatic monitoring system detects a machine violating this limitation, it may disconnect not only this particular machine, but also all your machines in all DCs and even suspend your account. The support, at least in my case, fails to explain the reason for such actions and it takes them a few days to reconnect the machines.

This sounds like... like arubacloud lol. Ive been with them in past. They deleted my VPS without any reason, just boom vps is gone, no backup no anything, no "sorry" etc.

Besides that as any private company they have their policy- you dont like it - move to other company. Aurba is cheap, but overall nothing special.

• vnxmevnxme Member

@sundaymouse said:
    They are cheap, what did you think?

You are right, but I can't see why their pricing policy makes them limit IPv6 addresses, especially non-public ones. Besides, they don't offer any workaround, you can have just 16 addresses and that's it.

@dodheimsgard said:
    Besides that as any private company they have their policy- you dont like it - move to other company. Aurba is cheap, but overall nothing special.

I'm quite satisfied with them overall. Still I can't remember any company that limits IPv6 addresses in the way Aruba does. They give /64 to each machine, but count addresses on all interfaces (I suppose even ::1/128 on lo is counted).