Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My view of Wishosting.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My view of Wishosting.com

spkierspkier Member
edited June 2018 in Reviews

I have to tell i had some really bad experience with wishosting i paid for a year of 2.99$ wich was very cheap however it's been 1 day and 2 hours since purshase i ahve not recived any information according to activation no replies to my tickets

and a pending service
i ahve a few tickets open beacuse of this
they all go in order:

Do you think i was a little bit too rude about this?
maybe i waited too short to post a review about them? they did say upto 24 hours and i apologies to the owner if he sees this and i made a mistake
all can do mistakes however it's summer time maybe the owner is a bit tired or something can i atleast get some help around this if i should open a depusit and or if i should wait and see whats going on?`i have proof and all emails keept of payment as proof i also told my bank and they are reayd for chargeback i have very little experience regarding hosting companies with i never heard of

EDIT: Sorry wishosting it actully appears to be a pretty good service wish you good luck with the company and hope other user in same situation as i sees this and i would liek to say Give him time :)

Best Regards
Ulrik Brun

Comments

• He's a bit slow on the support side but he'll get around to it.

• spkierspkier Member

@varunchopra said:
    He's a bit slow on the support side but he'll get around to it.

alright i closed my rude ticket and i'll give him another shot but he still hasn't activated my vps after 24 hours has anyone else experienced this or was i just scammed?

• No wishosting has a good reputation around here. He's a little slow to reply as it's a one man show but wait.

• MrHMrH Member

It is quite common for wishosting. You must be "approved", and having created this thread guarantees you a "goodbye".

• spkierspkier Member

@MrH said:
    It is quite common for wishosting. You must be "approved", and having created this thread guarantees you a "goodbye".

Gurantess a goodbye well then i wouldnt have paid this provider anyway if i knew this beacuse i'm curius why he hasn't activated within his time and i haven't heard anything and starting to get worried and open a ticket and ask if it's scam or not and that's a goodbye?
    i never heard of this provider before and it looked promising then i made a account here and wanted to ask if it was a real provider or a scammer but afterall i realise my mistake and see this is a true provider and i'm sorry to him whatever his username is agen here.

• MrHMrH Member

He is not a scammer. You will receive a refund or your service, just wait.

Thanked by 1spkier
  • Give it some more time, for the price your getting its like half a sandwich at subway.

I'm sure he is probably dealing with other urgent issues behind the scenes that's taking his time. I would just be patient.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

Given the nature and maturity of people who come to LET to complain, I'd say you've waited long enough. I've seen people threatening to file chargeback after waiting 15 minutes.

Still, unable to wait more than 26 hours (and for 2.99 bucks) indicates that you have some issues indeed.

• spkierspkier Member

@acidpuke said:
    Give it some more time, for the price your getting its like half a sandwich at subway.

I'm sure he is probably dealing with other urgent issues behind the scenes that's taking his time. I would just be patient.

Yeah you're right my bad as i satated i never paid for such low service before and i got no experience with cheap vps but now i know the price i will wait..

no i go no issues @Deank
    but i got very little xperience and i have never done an entire chargeback in my entire life but i am very worried for losing money even tought 2 dollars are nothing and i totally understand what you mean by issues with peolpe allredy complaning i'm just on panic mode when i see they don't answer as i had that a few times with big companies witch answered 2 weeks later and then refunded me

I can understand you going into a panic mode if you were a kid. 2.99 can be pretty big summer change indeed.

If you are an adult and are panicking for 2.99, like I said, you have issues.

• vovlervovler Member

Get scammed for $3, you could have got quite a few V-bucks with that

• spkierspkier Member
    edited June 2018

@deank said:
    I can understand you going into a panic mode if you were a kid. 2.99 can be pretty big summer change indeed.

If you are an adult and are panicking for 2.99, like I said, you have issues.

I'm not a adult but i'm 17 years old and i'm paying for serficate on car truck and airplanes while doing exam right now and i just can't think straight next wednes day i got an exam at school (mechanicer sorry for my bad writing) and week after that i got exam on airplane theory and having the issue with dealing with companies is not really my thing i just want to get thing straight out of the box even tought the main use of the vps was openvpn or softeither witch i manually setup on nat

so yep i got issues you're totally right i got headaches and exams coming and i shouldnt really do this right now beacuse i just become angry when stuff arent working or takes time and time is something i don't have i don't think that 24 hours isnt that bad

17 ain't kid. You are an adult, a young adult but an adult nonetheless.

As @vovler mentioned, you are calling this host "scam" as you've specially tagged him as "scam".

Get a hold of yourself, young man.

• spkierspkier Member

@deank said:
    17 ain't kid. You are an adult, a young adult but an adult nonetheless.

As @vovler mentioned, you are calling this host "scam" as you've specially tagged him as "scam".

Get a hold of yourself, young man.

Maybe you're right maybe not for me this is normal calling him scam or now it was a question if he was a scam or not as i never heard anything about this provider if i lose my 3 dollars that's fine evne tought its sad as it's money but hey ill work it up agen it's not that i earn less than 3 dollars a month...

but you're right i'll take you're advice i shall take my self togheter i will finish the exams and i will try and become a guy with more patience

• spkierspkier Member

Yup the provider deleted my account but i totally understand it :)

If you've paid via paypal, you have 180 days to file chargeback.

If you paid via a credit card, you have like 90 days.

What made you panic, I have no idea. Maybe, you had PMS? It can happen to guys from what I've seen.

• williewillie Member

spkier said:

Did you get a refund?

• spkierspkier Member

@deank said:
    If you've paid via paypal, you have 180 days to file chargeback.

If you paid via a credit card, you have like 90 days.

What made you panic, I have no idea. Maybe, you had PMS? It can happen to guys from what I've seen.

i never done a chargeback before as problems has usual solved itself. the provider gave me a refund to my paypal so 'im kinda happy and not i'm just going to say sorry to the provider and hope he dosn't meet another idiot like me

• spkierspkier Member

@willie said:

spkier said:

Did you get a refund?

well you forgot to F5 i allredy mentioned it :)
    yeah i got a refund but it's sad too as i hate to fight with companies

• williewillie Member
    edited June 2018

Oh yep, yeah I missed your mention. Yeah oh well. It's best to be a bit more patient, especially with these smaller hosts. They can offer stuff the big guys can't because their staffing levels and margins are lower, and they use manual approval to cut back on abuse potential. Wishosting is good and missing a 24 hour activation schedule by 2 hours isn't that big a deal if it's not too frequent. Otherwise they might want to increase the published estimate.

Also, opening multiple tickets about the same issue is never good with any provider. It's similarly counterprodutive to "bump" tickets by posting to them. Ticket systems usually want to get the oldest tickets processed first, so if you "bump", your ticket becomes the newest one, sending it to the bottom of the queue (the opposite of what you intended).

edited June 2018

Well, on a positive side, you did wait more than a day.

Hang around here and watch threads where they make it sound like their worlds are ending over 0.99/year hosting plans.

It's fucking delicious.

Thanked by 1willie
  • spkierspkier Member

@willie said:
    Oh yep, yeah I missed your mention. Yeah oh well. It's best to be a bit more patient, especially with these smaller hosts. They can offer stuff the big guys can't because their staffing levels and margins are lower, and they use manual approval to cut back on abuse potential. Wishosting is good and missing a 24 hour activation schedule by 2 hours isn't that big a deal if it's not too frequent. Otherwise they might want to bump up the estimate.

Yeah you're right in that i was a bit too aggresive i will take catution next time and not be a dick

@exception0x876

I'm sorry for the mess that i caused and thankyou for providing me a refund

• spkierspkier Member

@deank said:
    Well, on a positive side, you did wait more than a day.

Hang around here and watch threads where they make it sound like their worlds are ending over 0.99/year hosting plans.

It's fucking delicious.

Heh the worst thing is that you're actully right thanks for answering me regarding this

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

spkier said: yeah i got a refund but it's sad too as i hate to fight with companies

Then don't open threads 24hrs after your service hasn't been manually provisioned tagging the provider with 'scam'? You gotta stop picking fights with folks.

Patience. Not everyone is out to scam you out of your $3. Set some expectations for what you're paying ($0.25/mo for a year) and come back to it in a couple days. If you don't hear anything after 48-72 hours, you can nudge support and ask for a status update.

"Scam" should be reserved for someone running 10s/100s of euros in 'accidental test payments' against your Paypal billing agreement, lol.

• Eh, this much drama over $2.99?

• spkierspkier Member

@Harambe said:

spkier said: yeah i got a refund but it's sad too as i hate to fight with companies

Then don't open threads 24hrs after your service hasn't been manually provisioned tagging the provider with 'scam'? You gotta stop picking fights with folks.

Patience. Not everyone is out to scam you out of your $3. Set some expectations for what you're paying ($0.25/mo for a year) and come back to it in a couple days. If you don't hear anything after 48-72 hours, you can nudge support and ask for a status update.

"Scam" should be reserved for someone running 10s/100s of euros in 'accidental test payments' against your Paypal billing agreement, lol.

Yup you're also right it was deffently my bad to open a thread and i get it now many thanks :)

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • spkierspkier Member

@kaktus69 said:
    Eh, this much drama over $2.99?

Oh yeah it's the worlds end my friend :)

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@spkier said:

@willie said:
    Oh yep, yeah I missed your mention. Yeah oh well. It's best to be a bit more patient, especially with these smaller hosts. They can offer stuff the big guys can't because their staffing levels and margins are lower, and they use manual approval to cut back on abuse potential. Wishosting is good and missing a 24 hour activation schedule by 2 hours isn't that big a deal if it's not too frequent. Otherwise they might want to bump up the estimate.

Yeah you're right in that i was a bit too aggresive i will take catution next time and not be a dick

@exception0x876

I'm sorry for the mess that i caused and thankyou for providing me a refund

No worries, you were in your right to ask for a refund.

Thanked by 1spkier
  • @spkier said:

@kaktus69 said:
    Eh, this much drama over $2.99?

Oh yeah it's the worlds end my friend :)

Pleased to hear you got a refund, spend it wisely =)

Thanked by 1MrH
This discussion has been closed.