Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• @CFarence said:

@AlyssaD said:

What server do you have by chance?

Also, what do you have hosted on it?

• I guess I'm lucky at only 7days. I guess that means the 10 and 8 day people will get back online first.... wait if that was the case shouldn't you guys have been done fri/sat/sun?

• @krandor said:
    I guess I'm lucky at only 7days. I guess that means the 10 and 8 day people will get back online first.... wait if that was the case shouldn't you guys have been done fri/sat/sun?

I will likely be the last thought, as I am in slot hosting.

• lazytlazyt Member

Nah I'll be last the j racks are always last.

• ouijaouija Member
    edited June 2018

I've got a server down 9 days now, given up hope of seeing it returning anytime soon..

• @ouija said:
    I've got a server down 10 days now, given up hope of seeing it returning anytime soon..

but they are making the push tonight to fix the last few customers...lol

• rdesrdes Member

Mine is also still down, from 9.06 :).

• DeftNerdDeftNerd Member
    edited June 2018

I just scanned their IP space again. Of the 13,824 IPv4 IP's, only 491 are in use (including those NY servers, routers, switches, ILO's, etc). It's pretty much the same result that I've gotten over the last 5 days (running it twice a day)

So, when they say that 1500+ servers have already been fixed and recovered, it's either a lie or all those servers are IPv6 only (unlikely)

To repeat, only 3.55% of their IP space is in use now.

I find it interesting that @krandor has a moment where his server powered on and had network connectivity long enough to send an email. I'm not sure what to make of that

Their enterprise-focused obj.space service is still down too

Thanked by 2corbpie vimalware
  • Only 500 IPs in use. So 150 lost customers is going to be a blow.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

I got alerts from Uptime Doctor regarding my server about 2 hours ago.... was down by the time I saw the emails and checked.

• Only 500 IPs in use. So 150 lost customers is going to be a blow.

Well, they probably are supposed to have a lot more IP's than that. Core network equipment, totally unrelated to "blade firmware updates", seems to be down.

Of note, here is some stuff that's up or down that I consider critical for their business. Some is network equipment, some are services that Delimiter has focused towards enterprise customers

• 199.204.186.249 (ptr: 40ge-7-3-0.core02.atla03.yomura.com)
    • 199.204.186.250 (ptr: 40ge-7-3-0.core02.atla03.yomura.com)
    • 199.233.247.201 (ptr: 10ge-3-0-0.core03.atla03.yomura.com)
    • 199.233.247.202 (ptr: 10ge-0-3-0.core02.nwyk02.yomura.com)
    • 107.189.60.2 (ptr: 40ge-0-1-0.core02.nwyk05.yomura.com)
    • 107.189.48.34 (ptr: mxfilter-048034.atla03.us.yomura.com)
    • 107.189.48.35 (ptr: mxfilter-048035.atla03.us.yomura.com)
    • 107.189.40.9 (dns: yomuradrive.com)
    • 107.189.39.5 (dns: obj.space)

• 199.233.246.66 (10ge-1-3-0.core03.atla03.yomura.com)
    • 199.233.246.126 (10ge-4-1-0.core02.atla03.yomura.com)
    • 107.189.60.62 (40ge-7-2-0.core01.nwyk05.yomura.com)
    • 223.29.216.21 (100ge-3-0-0.core03.nyrk05.us.yomura.net)
    Thanked by 1sin
  • What a complete mess.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

If this goes any longer, I'll be out of popcorn.

Thanked by 2sin imok
    edited June 2018

Across their entire IP space, there are only 13 ILO's active at the moment, and all of them are in NY. If they have blades back online in Atlanta, none of them have ILO's enabled in the Yomura IP space.

In fact, I think it's fair to say that any client dedicated server will have SSH enabled, and there are only 10 servers in Atlanta that are responding on the SSH port.

The few servers I've found up in the Atlanta IP space are a Vesta control panel, a VMware ESXi web ui, a dedicated server for topfoto.co.uk with some proxmux VM's, and that's pretty much it.

It looks like there are maybe 3 or 4 servers online in Atlanta, and none of them are blade systems.

So, when they say most people are back up, it's a lie unless they're up at another companies IP space, and there have been no references to changing ip addresses.

Edit: Also, anyone else find it funny that yomura.com's MX records indicate that they use OVH CA for hosted exchange services? For such a "big" hosting provider, I think it's an obvious sign of problems when their corporate email is the $5.99 a month service offered by a competitor. It would be like Yahoo corporate offices using gmail to host their email.

I'm also pretty sure that there isn't a real Mark Turner or Giles Anderson, but its hard to prove a negative.

Thanked by 2corbpie sin
  • can you provide scan results?

@DeftNerd said:
    Across their entire IP space, there are only 13 ILO's active at the moment, and all of them are in NY. If they have blades back online in Atlanta, none of them have ILO's enabled in the Yomura IP space.

In fact, I think it's fair to say that any client dedicated server will have SSH enabled, and there are only 10 servers in Atlanta that are responding on the SSH port.

The few servers I've found up in the Atlanta IP space are a Vesta control panel, a VMware ESXi web ui, a dedicated server for topfoto.co.uk with some proxmux VM's, and that's pretty much it.

It looks like there are maybe 3 or 4 servers online in Atlanta, and none of them are blade systems.

So, when they say most people are back up, it's a lie unless they're up at another companies IP space, and there have been no references to changing ip addresses.

Edit: Also, anyone else find it funny that yomura.com's MX records indicate that they use OVH CA for hosted exchange services? For such a "big" hosting provider, I think it's an obvious sign of problems when their corporate email is the $5.99 a month service offered by a competitor. It would be like Yahoo corporate offices using gmail to host their email.

I'm also pretty sure that there isn't a real Mark Turner or Giles Anderson, but its hard to prove a negative.

• @paradoxx said:
    can you provide scan results?

I already closed the window on the latest results and didn't save them, Sorry :-(
    It looks like the command line was...

nmap -sV -T4 -O -F --traceroute --version-light --script banner,duplicates,ipmi-version,ssl-cert 103.70.235.0/24 103.203.180.0/22 107.189.32.0/19 185.118.132.0/22 199.204.184.0/22 199.233.244.0/22 208.96.169.0/24 223.29.216.0/22

I pulled the subnets from https://bgp.he.net/AS7363#_prefixes

please note that there are a few prefixes listed on HE's site that aren't on the command line, but those are covered by the larger subnets that are on the command line.

You'll find the traceroute option useful to determine which subnets are routed to other data centers.

• I guess this is the end our beloved nigh'ers told us about

• moizizzymoizizzy Member
    edited June 2018

Anyone tried contacting them on phone numbers available on their Whois

https://bgp.he.net/ip/199.204.187.255#_whois

• I'm surprised they even bothered to post a status update yesterday considering it appears it's not true. They're not answering support tickets and it doesn't seem like they're making any progress on bringing people online.

Maybe it was an attempt to keep people hopeful and stop the flood of charge backs.

• @rpollestad said:
    I'm surprised they even bothered to post a status update yesterday considering it appears it's not true. They're not answering support tickets and it doesn't seem like they're making any progress on bringing people online.

Maybe it was an attempt to keep people hopeful and stop the flood of charge backs.

But when people find out it isn't true it will just cause a new flood of chargebacks. It bought then 1-2 days at best. Unless they get it up tonight I don't see how it helped them at all. If I hadn't already moved that update and then missing the date would have me moving today or at the latest tomorrow.

• As of current, Delimiters 13824 IPs only reported 493 online.

• @AlyssaD said:
    As of current, Delimiters 13824 IPs only reported 493 online.

So a little slow on that last push to get people online.

• @AlyssaD said:

@CFarence said:

@AlyssaD said:

What server do you have by chance?

Also, what do you have hosted on it?

I have a HP BL460C, have had it since 2013/2014. The last time I renewed it will be the last, wanted to get rid of it sooner but the collocated server isn't ready yet.

As far as whats hosted on it, just personal email, blog, and some web apps for myself and some group of friends, tiny tiny rss reader, gitlab, jenkins, kanban, etc. I've been slowly moving things to other servers as space allows but I really need to kick it into high gear.

• Any updates?

• What could possibly have gone wrong that it’s taking 9 days to restore and they are not yet able to get it back up. And from their news announcements it doesn’t look like there is going to be any data lost? I really hope not atleast. And why would they say it’s a power controller issue if it was something bigger building false hope would only get them in trouble?

• You are closed to the truth! There's no host company will down lots of servers for more than 8 days! None! Except those hitting dead pool!

@rpollestad said:
    I'm surprised they even bothered to post a status update yesterday considering it appears it's not true. They're not answering support tickets and it doesn't seem like they're making any progress on bringing people online.

• edited June 2018

They are hitting dead pool! They just need to buy some time for run away! Such as selling hardware!

@AlyssaD said:
    As of current, Delimiters 13824 IPs only reported 493 online.

edited June 2018

I'm going to call Westplan (who owns 55 Marietta, where Yomura has a suite that hosts the servers) and see if I can find out if Yomura is still on the 17th floor or if there is space available.

The route change to Nashville makes me anxious that they're moving data centers. The property owner would know if thats the case.

They are hitting dead pool! They just need to buy some time for run away! Such as selling hardware!

I sincerely hope that isn't the case, but I doubt Eden would be that dumb. He has his mom's address all over his UK business registrations (she's the named secretary for all his companies). Also, if the whole firmware update thing was a big lie, then this whole thing approaches criminal fraud.

If he wants to dead pool, he should at least let people buy their server HD's or blades and apply their remaining balance to the price and shipping costs.

• @DeftNerd said:
    I'm going to call Westplan (who owns 55 Marietta, where Yomura has a suite that hosts the servers) and see if I can find out if Yomura is still on the 17th floor or if there is space available.

The route change to Nashville makes me anxious that they're moving data centers. The property owner would know if thats the case.

Yes please do share back what you see learn I wish I was in the same city would knock on their door with a drive to copy my data