Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• @AverageGuy said:
    I'm still out. 17 days and counting. Anyone know of a reasonably priced backup solution? Off site, that is.
    Thanks

https://www.backblaze.com/b2/cloud-storage-pricing.html

Backblaze B2 is awesome, very affordable, and works with lots of backup utilities and scripts.

Tarsnap is more expensive because it eventually ends up stored on an S3 instance, but it's a very good service.

• syadnom said: I think they block you as soon as you dispute so they can hide your chat logs and you can't provide any evidence. Good to take pictures before you dispute :/ --so why didn't you get money back? I thought paypal would credit you if the dispute went your way?

No, Delimiter wouldn't give me my money back - PayPal did though (I won the PayPal dispute). And yep, I did take pictures - but it turns out I didn't need them - Delimiter offered no contest.

• So they lie about everything. And now they are closing the business out.

by the way, none server is online as far as I know.

DeftNerd said: hen they have much more important things to do.

@DeftNerd said:

@Bruce said:

Today we have recovered 1 system in 30 man hours

either 3 x 10hrs or 2 x 15hrs, not 1 x 3 days, I assume. still indicates days more downtime though :(

the outage isnt just affecting blades. all my servers are SL260.

Oh, that's very interesting and goes against their narrative. I'm assuming you mean one of the SL160Z systems.

They've said that this is the result of trying to upgrade the ILO firmware on the older blade servers and something went horribly wrong... but a SL160Z is usually paired with another in a z6000 chassis... and the SL160Z doesn't even have an ILO, they have a "Lights Out 100" option, which has more limited functionality. The LO100 is a traditional IPMI BMC, and does not share hardware or firmware with iLO.

Picking the wrong ILO firmware wouldn't even matter to a SL160Z because the upgrader wouldn't even find an ILO to update.

Anyone else notice that they did that huge push last month to lease every last discounted and old server saying they're going to a new business model and won't be doing budget servers anymore?

Then all the budget servers go offline and routing now goes to Nashville? Is it possible they were padding out their "Low End" customer portfolio so they could sell it off and move them somewhere else? Would anyone even think they could get away with this?

That's likely just my paranoia flaring up. They wouldn't have stopped their enterprise-focused Obj.Space service with this scenario, and that's been down too.

• Hi all, have some info which might be considered useful:

I have 4 servers in Atlanta currently still down. and 2 in New York which are up.
    From what i can see across various social media nobody has has their server come back yet, even though Delimiter says some are fixed.

I have had Delimiter announced multiple prefixes for me. The ones routed to ATL servers have been completely dropped from BGP, while the prefix routed to New York is still active. also notice their Peers and ranges at AS7363, there used to be many more announced ranges than there is now, a lot have been dropped in the last week.

https://bgp.he.net/AS7363

Now the weird thing is, yesterday morning 2 of my servers must have briefly come online as they started sending emails, this only lasted for a few minutes until they went offline again.
    some of these emails were RAID status emails, which include drive and controller serial numbers, all of which were the same as they have always been, which confirms at least 2 of my 4 servers were online with the exact same hardware set.

Not sure what to make of this, but getting quite worried now.

• further to this, if nothing changes by tomorrow I will be sending one of my staff to the WHOIS and RIPE registered address (who even knows if it's real at this point)

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited June 2018

@paradoxx said:
    further to this, if nothing changes by tomorrow I will be sending one of my staff to the WHOIS and RIPE registered address (who even knows if it's real at this point)

This gonna be good

• Mine also has been down for the longest time. I just hope they would give me access to it even if for a few hours so I can copy all my work that is only on it at the moment. They usually don’t work on weekends so hoping things come back online today / this week

• hzrhzr Member

paradoxx said: All of these 'businesses' have the same registered address as Delimiter (Suite 1720 55 Marietta St), and many share phone numbers and names. very weird.

>

You are probably overthinking this, it's the generic datacentre mail room/office

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Suite 1720 was formerly home of DV2 / NetDepot / GNAX / TranxactGlobal many years ago before they moved to the Atlanta NAP (now owned by Zayo).

Thanked by 1paradoxx
  • @paradoxx said:
    Hi all, have some info which might be considered useful:

I have had Delimiter announced multiple prefixes for me. The ones routed to ATL servers have been completely dropped from BGP, while the prefix routed to New York is still active. also notice their Peers and ranges at AS7363, there used to be many more announced ranges than there is now, a lot have been dropped in the last week.

I've been digging into this too. Looks like the majority of what happened was that they consolidated routes. They used to have a bunch of side-by-side /24's treated as different BGP announcements and the consolidated it into a single /19

I just have no idea why they're doing this now... and it makes me worry that they're moving facilities or are planning on selling off netblocks or selling the entire Atlanta business unit.

I have some posts about some of my research on page 3 of this thread.

Thanked by 1paradoxx
  • they never reply ticket, I filed a paypal claim, now they closed my account

• edited June 2018

After read of your posts, I believe chance for me to get my data back is rear. Delimeter is dead! I filed paypal claim. They do reply on paypal.
    Now they closed my account. end of story.

@DeftNerd said:

@paradoxx said:

I've been digging into this too. Looks like the majority of what happened was that they consolidated routes. They used to have a bunch of side-by-side /24's treated as different BGP announcements and the consolidated it into a single /19

I just have no idea why they're doing this now... and it makes me worry that they're moving facilities or are planning on selling off netblocks or selling the entire Atlanta business unit.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@hostingtalking said:
    After read of your posts, I believe chance for me to get my data back is rear. Delimeter is dead! I filed paypal claim. They do reply on paypal.

@DeftNerd said:

@paradoxx said:

Lol. You’re expecting to make a chargeback and then to continue the service / giving you your data back ?

You should have thought it through before...

• rdesrdes Member

Paypal dispute is not chargeback.

• BruceBruce Member

@rdes said:
    Paypal dispute is not chargeback.

to the provider, yes it is. as soon as you open a dispute, paypal charge the provider. once it is finalised they either add a paypal fee as well, or they return the money. either way, as soon as you open a dispute, you are HATED

• rdesrdes Member
    edited June 2018

Dispute is beetwen you and seller. Only when you escalate it into a claim paypal gets into action.

From what I know, delimiter is removing paid invoices and services as soon as they recieve a dispute instead of trying solving this.

It does not matter anyway in case when whole datacenter seems to be closed, and servers are not working ;).

• @rdes said:
    Dispute is beetwen you and seller. Only when you escalate it into a claim paypal gets into action.

From what I know, delimiter is removing paid invoices and services as soon as they recieve a dispute instead of trying solving this.

It does not matter anyway in case when whole datacenter seems to be closed, and servers are not working ;).

Under the circumstances I think they know they are going to lose the dispute/claim so best to just cancel the account and move on.

There is a lot to be upset with delimiter for, but closing an account that disputes the charges isn't one of them. They can't claim they are providing the services paid for.

• The other way around. It's been down more than 7 days. I already give up the hope of getting data back. And delimeter is already!
    So why not charge back?!

@Clouvider said:

@hostingtalking said:

@DeftNerd said:

@paradoxx said:

Lol. You’re expecting to make a chargeback and then to continue the service / giving you your data back ?

• Again because delimeter is dead! ---> then why not charge back?!!

@krandor said:

@rdes said:

Under the circumstances I think they know they are going to lose the dispute/claim so best to just cancel the account and move on.

There is a lot to be upset with delimiter for, but closing an account that disputes the charges isn't one of them. They can't claim they are providing the services paid for.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@hostingtalking said:
    The other way around. It's been down more than 7 days. I already give up the hope of getting data back. And delimeter is already!
    So why not charge back?!

@Clouvider said:

@hostingtalking said:

@DeftNerd said:

@paradoxx said:

Because you were hoping to get the data back ? Why are you surprised the account has been closed at all?

• @Clouvider said:

Because you were hoping to get the data back ? Why are you surprised the account has been closed at all?

I have some scripts and stuff I'd like to get off (but could rebuild if i needed to) so I'm going to give them till my billing date (end of the month). If it is up before then, I'll get what I want then cancel (and likely chargeback if there isn't compensation). If it hits my bill date no way am I paying another invoice for a server that is down and I'll chargeback then. That is how I'm handling it.

• The weird thing is they refuse refund, and refuse chargeback, and never put server online, which is down for a week. I already doing crease rsync to another server. and rework on whatever is lost.

• lazytlazyt Member

@rdes

PayPal dispute resolution process
    When buyers and sellers can’t come to an agreement, we can help them arrive at an agreeable solution. Once a buyer initiates the dispute resolution process, we’ll hold the transaction’s money until the dispute is resolved. If buyer and seller can’t reach an agreement, the dispute can be escalated to a claim. At that point, we’ll step in to determine the issue’s outcome.

From https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/resolve-disputes

No it's not a chargeback but paypal holds the money and adds charges. Or probably withdraws the money from the providers account adding their charges and makes a blackmark on the providers record.

• News: Update 3 - Atlanta - Blades in A01-05, B01-05, C01-05, J11-J15
    Published: 18/06/2018
    The DC restored service for many customers on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

Today we're making a final push to get the remaining few customers back online with new hardware.

Mine is not back but hope is alive

• If they got so many people online why is nobody posting that they were recovered?

• @krandor said:
    If they got so many people online why is nobody posting that they were recovered?

Likely we are all cheaper customers, and they worked on the more expensive clientele first. Another option is no one cared to post they were up.

finally, it could all be a lie.

• @AlyssaD said:

@krandor said:
    If they got so many people online why is nobody posting that they were recovered?

Likely we are all cheaper customers, and they worked on the more expensive clientele first. Another option is no one cared to post they were up.

finally, it could all be a lie.

I go for the last option.

Of course based on their note once it is up we'll have to wait on support to change mac address.

• @AlyssaD said: