Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Jun said: Yet another Delimiter outage. Slot hosting. >15min downtime until now. At this point, I'm just curious how this level of instability is even possible.

I wonder how its possible that this still surprises people?

• Down here with slot hosting...

• lazytlazyt Member

At least one blade chassis is down as well.

• It's been down for 24 hours!

• @AnthonySmith said:

Jun said: Yet another Delimiter outage. Slot hosting. >15min downtime until now. At this point, I'm just curious how this level of instability is even possible.

I was wondering that as well.

In addition to that I am wondering why people still post this here since they have had no reps or anything here for a long time now. They know no one here sympathizes with them, nor can they help them at all.

• @AuroraZ said:
    In addition to that I am wondering why people still post this here since they have had no reps or anything here for a long time now. They know no one here sympathizes with them, nor can they help them at all.

The same reason why so many non-customers come to these threads and post when they clearly don't sympathize or can't help them. It doesn't make sense but it will happen over and over.

Seriously though, I still have a use case* for Delimiter and without fail I always find LET to be the place that confirms that it isn't just my box with a problem. I'm weirdly thankful they complain here. :-)

• $16/month - 32GB dedicated server that goes down once or twice a year (the downtime doesn't bother me).

Every year I look for something comparable and can't find anything.

Thanked by 1albuck
  • JunJun Member

@AuroraZ said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I was wondering that as well.

I am using Delimiter for slot hosting, which is a very unique type of hosting, perfectly fits my needs for dirt cheep price (6TB HDD for $100/yr), and I don't mind long downtimes as long as it gets back up. I understand the risk and I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of business anytime soon. I am not at lowendtalk to post a long thread sharing how badly they handle tickets to verify what everyone here already knows.

I have never asked for your sympathy. I want to share the status with other peasants still using Delimiter to make sure I am not affected by this outage. At least I know that delimiter is lying when they blame my old VPS panel for their outage.

Thanked by 1zed
  • Hey it is your guys dime you are spending not mine, so do what you want. Just when it blows up don't say you weren't warned.

I used Delimiter way back when they still had reps here. Shit hit the fan and I dropped them. It is simple, they don't serve your needs drop them. Asking about outages, and or complaining does you no good.

Slot hosting is nothing new and there are more out there then just Delimiter. Sure they cost more then 100/yr most likely, but you get what you pay for in this industry.

Last but not least, then I am out of here, Delimiter is owned by a Company named Yomura. Little to no info on this company, and if they don't trust you, are you sure you should trust them?

• They update my ticket to Waiting on DC...

• @hostingtalking said:
    They update my ticket to Waiting on DC...

Forwarded to DC techs. Was mine.

• @hostingtalking said:
    They update my ticket to Waiting on DC...

same

• Down again today. I got almost all my stuff migrated, but not quite.

Here's the question, I'm about 3 months into an annual buy on a server, anyone had any luck getting a refund from them? At the very least I'll sick my CC company on them for undelivered services.

About the 'no sympathy' thing... problem is that you can't trust reviews on anything anymore. You might see a dozen bad reviews but there are far more than a dozen idiots suffering from PEBKAC and there are many positive reviews out there too.

For me, IPMI is down, I feel I'm safely 'not at fault' here beyond the bad choice in buying a dedicated from them.

Tracert dies at 40.135.62.201 in case anyone cares.

• @syadnom said:
    Down again today. I got almost all my stuff migrated, but not quite.

Here's the question, I'm about 3 months into an annual buy on a server, anyone had any luck getting a refund from them? At the very least I'll sick my CC company on them for undelivered services.

About the 'no sympathy' thing... problem is that you can't trust reviews on anything anymore. You might see a dozen bad reviews but there are far more than a dozen idiots suffering from PEBKAC and there are many positive reviews out there too.

For me, IPMI is down, I feel I'm safely 'not at fault' here beyond the bad choice in buying a dedicated from them.

Unlikely.

My suggestion is spin up your rig to do some sort of mining and burn it until it is done. That or setup something to burn bandwidth.

Power costs a lot.

• znethzneth Member

Still down for me

• From there website: (( You need to be logged in to see.))

News: Atlanta - Blades in A01-05, B01-05, C01-05, J11-J15
    Published: 11/06/2018
    We've had a detailed update from our DC about the status of around 120 blade servers that have been affected by a recent firmware update.

At the beginning of June, we began upgrading our servers with the new ILO code to address both TLS vulnerability and the new Java security requirements. During last week we had 1-2 servers that failed their upgrade but completed over 1500 upgrades successfully. On Friday we started upgrading the next batch of systems in A01-05, B01-05, C01-05, J11-J15, there were not incidents detected until Saturday when a total of 174 servers dropped offline over the course of 3 hours, we’ve had a few more drop out on Sunday and Monday as well.

We notified the DC to check through the first systems and they found the server refused to power up, it just sat with a flashing red health error light. They contacted HPE for assistance and carried out their recommend downgrade procedure on a couple of the blades. It made no difference.

HP's tech investigated a few of the blades and discovered that the power management controller had failed to upgrade properly and was preventing the blade from powering up. We have tried a variety of operations with HPE to resurrect these servers, some has come back to life, some are still offline. The DC will continue to work with HPE to find a solution to these issues.

We have swapped hardware where we have available stock but have now depleted our stock of spare compatible systems so we are reliant on HPE resolving the firmware issue. In the meantime we’re shipping a couple of pallets of servers from New York and Denver to Atlanta so we can replace hardware where necessary.

The DC is working round the clock with HPE to find a resolution, if we can’t get a firmware resolution then we’ll replace the hardware as soon as additional kit arrives on site.

Its an unfortunate and messy situation all round and we apologise for the downtime.

Thanked by 1aaraya1516
  • syadnom said: Here's the question, I'm about 3 months into an annual buy on a server, anyone had any luck getting a refund from them? At the very least I'll sick my CC company on them for undelivered services.

I couldn't get a refund - although, I did win the PayPal dispute.

I was using the server as a personal mail relay (for the past 3 years). They started blocking encrypted emails (and told me if I wanted to send emails I had to pay them significantly more money).

After I threatened to leave, and a month of tickets, (policy changes without notifications?) they said I could just send in my id. Cool, I sent in my id. Management lifted the
    restrictions on my IP.

2 months later, with dozens of tickets, my emails were still blocked (change management was blamed). It got to the point where I wouldn't get a response for weeks.

At that point I asked for a refund and was denied with the ticket closed and moved to IT support.

Opened a PayPal dispute and my server was immediately shut down (within 5 minutes), my account terminated, and was charged $25 as an administration fee (which I couldn't pay since my account was deleted). I won the dispute of $200 after Delimiter failed to respond to PayPal's emails.

I find it amusing that they couldn't respond to my tickets, but immediately closed my account. Thankfully I had daily backups - moved that email server to my colo.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • xavconxavcon Member

Server dead again, these piece of shits aren't even replying to tickets anymore since yesterday, going to open a PayPal dispute and cancel my server.

• xavconxavcon Member

Any recommendations for a server with ssd for 70$ a month?

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited June 2018

@syadnom said:
    Down again today. I got almost all my stuff migrated, but not quite.

Mate there are enough negative reviews on delimiter to know to stay away. Do you think it's a meme or something around here? Just Google them even WHT is full of negative experiences.

• BruceBruce Member
    edited June 2018

my servers down too now :( not blades, but maybe have the same update needed. doesnt explain why routing to their AS is dead

paid annually, but am migrating away ASAP

• @xavcon said:
    Any recommendations for a server with ssd for 70$ a month?

Plenty of options available depending on what specs you are after and location. Might be worth opening a request thread for it.

• @Bruce said:
    my servers down too now :( not blades, but maybe have the same update needed. doesnt explain why routing to their AS is dead

I asked them about this on twitter and the response actually made sense

Nothing wrong with routing. The GTT hop is our interface of our edge router that connects to GTT. When it hits that router it arps for the requested IP and when it doesn't get a response (blade down), you get unreachable.

• @DeftNerd said:

@Bruce said:

I asked them about this on twitter and the response actually made sense

Nothing wrong with routing. The GTT hop is our interface of our edge router that connects to GTT. When it hits that router it arps for the requested IP and when it doesn't get a response (blade down), you get unreachable.

Wow they replied on twitter?

• @AlyssaD said:

How long has it been?

• BruceBruce Member

How long has it been?

still down!

http://prntscr.com/jucnc8

• rdesrdes Member
    edited June 2018

It's interesting why It's possible to get server status, and reboot, power cycle it etc via Delimiter panel if IPMI and blades are down ;). Previously these functions did not work when servers were down. It looks like a network problem, servers have no Internet connection, but are available locally.
    If it ever get up I will able to check logs ;).

• BruceBruce Member

@rdes said:
    It's interesting why It's possible to get server status, and reboot, power cycle

not for me

Error: Unable to Connect to tcp://208.93.x.x

• anton000anton000 Member
    edited June 2018

@AlyssaD said:
    From there website: (( You need to be logged in to see.))

News: Atlanta - Blades in A01-05, B01-05, C01-05, J11-J15
    Published: 11/06/2018
    We've had a detailed update from our DC about the status of around 120 blade servers that have been affected by a recent firmware update.

At the beginning of June, we began upgrading our servers with the new ILO code to address both TLS vulnerability and the new Java security requirements. During last week we had 1-2 servers that failed their upgrade but completed over 1500 upgrades successfully. On Friday we started upgrading the next batch of systems in A01-05, B01-05, C01-05, J11-J15, there were not incidents detected until Saturday when a total of 174 servers dropped offline over the course of 3 hours, we’ve had a few more drop out on Sunday and Monday as well.

We notified the DC to check through the first systems and they found the server refused to power up, it just sat with a flashing red health error light. They contacted HPE for assistance and carried out their recommend downgrade procedure on a couple of the blades. It made no difference.

HP's tech investigated a few of the blades and discovered that the power management controller had failed to upgrade properly and was preventing the blade from powering up. We have tried a variety of operations with HPE to resurrect these servers, some has come back to life, some are still offline. The DC will continue to work with HPE to find a solution to these issues.

We have swapped hardware where we have available stock but have now depleted our stock of spare compatible systems so we are reliant on HPE resolving the firmware issue. In the meantime we’re shipping a couple of pallets of servers from New York and Denver to Atlanta so we can replace hardware where necessary.

The DC is working round the clock with HPE to find a resolution, if we can’t get a firmware resolution then we’ll replace the hardware as soon as additional kit arrives on site.

Its an unfortunate and messy situation all round and we apologise for the downtime.

Been trying to check HPE whether they released an advisory related to Delimiter's issue, seems I can't find any? Surely HPE would release one if it was this severe?

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/result?docId=emr_na-a00042312en_us&qt=bl460c+ilo

• @anton000 said:

@AlyssaD said:

How long has it been?