Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• Ping update: we're back over 800 IP's replying. Looks like another 2 blade chassis' have been powered up. I'm estimating that there are another 75 to 80 blade chassis' to go from their posted "1700+ servers" figure.

so about 2-3 years....

• @DeftNerd said:

sidewinder said: Does Delimiter send out emails with status updates? When I was there customer I got sales e-mails all the time, but never anything about outages.

Not a single email has been sent to customers (not to me, at least).

larivee said: I think I got every sales email 4 times each. Either glitch in their billing system or just residual from the old system to the new..

That happened to me too! It was very annoying

sidewinder said: Who owns this dumbass company?

A guy named Eden Akhavi

Ping update: we're back over 800 IP's replying. Looks like another 2 blade chassis' have been powered up. I'm estimating that there are another 75 to 80 blade chassis' to go from their posted "1700+ servers" figure.

They may have that many server but not necessarily all sold

• znethzneth Member

Tried to file a PayPal dispute but now they reply and say it's false that the server has been down and false that I haven't been contacted and that now it is back up. Still can't ssh into it. Not even sure if I want to bother, maybe I'll just take the loss and move.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

So, I guess the hundreds of servers being down is just a dream, a bad dream. We all need to wake up.

• TomTom Member

I'm seeing 871 hosts online.

• NealSNealS Member

The "service details" for my server has been saying it's powered on for a day or so now, but neither the ILO IP or the server IP respond to anything.

So maybe they think they've "fixed" some of ours but didn't adjust the routing? I remember them saying something about new hardware & MAC addresses for some servers...

Normally I'd file a support ticket for this, but... I think if I just sent an email explaining my issues to a random email address anywhere, I'd have a better chance of a response. And still nothing would be fixed, so that's statistically better than filing a support ticket, right?

• I got an email about 2 of my servers being online again, but only one of them is reachable (and just the SSH port, not IPMI). In the hostbill control panel, when I went to my other server that was presumably online, it was in the middle of provisioning a new OS for some reason so that server needs to be rebuilt once I can route to it.

Luckilly I had full backups, even though I had lost the encryption key... oops... Well, access to one server was all that I needed to crack open my backups and now I'm rebuilding everything to a newly racked server I put in a local colo.

I'll probably just use the Delimiter servers for dumb high bandwidth stuff now like as a livestream server until my pre-payments run out

Still though, just one of three servers actually working although 2 of three reported by Delimiter as being fixed.

• moizizzymoizizzy Member
    edited June 2018

@NealS said:
    The "service details" for my server has been saying it's powered on for a day or so now, but neither the ILO IP or the server IP respond to anything.

So maybe they think they've "fixed" some of ours but didn't adjust the routing? I remember them saying something about new hardware & MAC addresses for some servers...

Normally I'd file a support ticket for this, but... I think if I just sent an email explaining my issues to a random email address anywhere, I'd have a better chance of a response. And still nothing would be fixed, so that's statistically better than filing a support ticket, right?

Same situation I just hope they don’t start formatting my drives to restore connectivity

• I did chargeback on paypal and now can't login with message "account has been disabled" Yep.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

So, they are quick on billing matters but kinda lazy in service (uptime) department.

• I escalated the claim to paypal.

• @deank said:
    So, they are quick on billing matters but kinda lazy in service (uptime) department.

might be the only automated part...

• I log in to the dashboard, see the cheery note that my VPS is Active!! Yay!! And then I click on the link to see the details and "Virtual Server Not Found" "No Response from Server". No hostname, no ip address. I opened three tickets regarding this event. One initially 'outages' was responded to fairly promptly alerting me they would refer the matter to the correct folks. No replies for days to that, even after prompts. I opened one with 'vps support' asking for any ETA. no response for days to that. I opened one with sales asking for a call so I could get an idea what to tell the clients. Days pass. No replies.

So, I guess that means 'not up'.

• BruceBruce Member

I've retired my VPS Nodes @ Delimiter. no surprises why !

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • So, I still can't route to one of the servers they claim is restored... But I was able to log into the first server and attempt to connect to the second server. No reply from the IP, but I was able to connect to the IPMI of the second server through telnet from inside of the Delimiter network.

What's weird is that I had a BL280c blade before, but the ILO they gave me the credentials for is not for an ILO2, it's for a Lights-Out 100 Management system, which was used on the DL and SL servers.

So, it looks like they put my hard drive into a totally different kind of server? I'm guessing that's why my server isn't coming up... it's probably making the OS freak out since the hardware is totally different.

I also checked the logs... The date that all the servers started freaking out?

Properties
        number=72
        date=06/02/2018
        time=07:26:07
        sensordescription=Inlet Amb.
        eventdescription=Upper Critical-going high
        eventdirection=Assertion

Doesn't that indicate that perhaps all this shit happened because of a cooling problem in the data center?

The server is also complaining that there isn't redundant power right now.

• BruceBruce Member

I migrated all my blades to SL a while ago. they just swapped the drives over, and was all OK. I think they are EOL the blades

• Just ran lshw on the one server I can access. My HP BL280c has been replaced with a ProLiant SL170s G6 (QX307A).

• @farmer82 said:
    I log in to the dashboard, see the cheery note that my VPS is Active!! Yay!! And then I click on the link to see the details and "Virtual Server Not Found" "No Response from Server". No hostname, no ip address. I opened three tickets regarding this event. One initially 'outages' was responded to fairly promptly alerting me they would refer the matter to the correct folks. No replies for days to that, even after prompts. I opened one with 'vps support' asking for any ETA. no response for days to that. I opened one with sales asking for a call so I could get an idea what to tell the clients. Days pass. No replies.

So, I guess that means 'not up'.

You got your clients on Delimiter?

Ovh etc, fair enough... But Delimiter?

Thanked by 1imok
  • Got my other server up by provisioning a fresh OS using the hostbill control panel at cc.delimiter.com.

I'll just restore from a backup. Both servers are confirmed to be SL170s G6's using CLI tools.

IPMI/BMC are unavailable for both. It seems that the routes to their subnets aren't configured correctly. You can access them from inside the Delimiter Atlanta network though, so if you need to, you can connect to them through a working server by setting up SSH port forwarding or using ipmi management utilities you install on a server.

• edited June 2018

WFT, paypal refused my charge back. shall always use CC instead of pp;
    and avaoid yearly payment under any occasion

• Did you ask why they were refused? Did you provide evidence that the service is not being provided?

• I got all my data off and issued a chargeback via paypal for June. We'll see how that goes. I pasted in my request all their status updates.

If I an successfully cancel it may mean one of you guys waiting on your server can get to yours.

• You have been DELIMITED. The end is nigh.

• Delimiter changed their TOS to reflect that there is no warranty for their services. This probably allows them to fight paypal chargebacks for weeks of downtime.

• hostingtalking said: WFT, paypal refused my charge back. shall always use CC instead of pp; and avaoid yearly payment under any occasion

Wait, I thought you needed to wait like a week before you can ask to PP to step in. Are you sure it was PP that refused it, not Delimiter?

• @DeftNerd said:
    Delimiter changed their TOS to reflect that there is no warranty for their services. This probably allows them to fight paypal chargebacks for weeks of downtime.

There is no way, no way you can defend taking money and not delivering on what the customer gave you that money for.

• @corbpie said:

@DeftNerd said:
    Delimiter changed their TOS to reflect that there is no warranty for their services. This probably allows them to fight paypal chargebacks for weeks of downtime.

There is no way, no way you can defend taking money and not delivering on what the customer gave you that money for.

You would be surprised.

• TionTion Member

@DeftNerd said:

I started to archive the TOS of providers using archive.org after losing money to the same crap years ago. Won't save your money this time but might help in the future giving you solid proof for PayPal conflicts.

• It's paypal, I called PP, then they reopen my case to submit proves. Let's wait and see

@Silvenga said:

hostingtalking said: WFT, paypal refused my charge back. shall always use CC instead of pp; and avaoid yearly payment under any occasion

Wait, I thought you needed to wait like a week before you can ask to PP to step in. Are you sure it was PP that refused it, not Delimiter?

• I submitted my chargeback to pp last night. I posted their status updates as “proof”