Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Hetzner allow prepayment?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do Hetzner allow prepayment?

Do Hetzner allow prepayment? The itsy bitsy payments they take can be annoying and unexpected.

I'd rather pay 100 euro and not worry for some months or years.

Comments

• AidanAidan Member

Yep, just contact them and ask that they issue an invoice for the desired amount.

• rchurchrchurch Member

@Aidan said:
    Yep, just contact them and ask that they issue an invoice for the desired amount.

Does this apply to Hetzner Cloud as well? I had a recent argument them when they closed my account for bill of less than 2 euro. I had to do a direct bank payment and it took some time before the account was reinstated.

If I make a large prepayment will they deduct my charges from the payment and only send a new invoice if the invoice exceeds the balance?

• mkshmksh Member

@rchurch said:

@Aidan said:

Does this apply to Hetzner Cloud as well? I had a recent argument them when they closed my account for bill of less than 2 euro. I had to do a direct bank payment and it took some time before the account was reinstated.

I have to wonder how long you didn't read your emails. When i had a failed payment with Hetzner it took them over a week to even notice and then they simply sent me a message to pay manually with a modest fee added for the failed payment. Nothing went offline let alone affected my account during that time. They seemed to be really relaxed regarding the issue so i am curious how you managed to actually get your account blocked.

Thanked by 2PcJamesy graphic
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Perhaps he has one of those selective memory syndrome.

• I can remember there was an option to deposit money as credit

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

Link a prepaid Visa card (say, with $50) to the account. That will take care of it.