Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowendtalk design suggestion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowendtalk design suggestion

v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

I'm a huge fan of Lowendspirit and always wanted to contribute somehow, so I thought I'll do a redesign for Lowendspirit.com.
Most parts of the template are already ready and I will now fix the last bugs and add some more elements.

I would appreciate some feedback.
If the theme is well received, I will be pleased to make it available to Anthony

You can find the demo version here: https://les.svx.me

~ v3ng

Comments

• +1 Lot better than current

Thanked by 1FHR
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Looks a bit generic. I prefer the existing design.

Thanked by 2Clouvider MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited May 2018

Your design looks nice, @v3ng. But I think the current design helps manage the user's expectations. It's not all flashy and modern, which helps reinforce the fact that the service has no support, no uptime guarantees, and is not geared towards complete noobs.

Thanked by 1Xeniox
  • imokimok Member

I also prefer the existing design, it just needs some fixing.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I also prefer the existing design, it just needs some fine tuning.

• sleddogsleddog Member

@MasonR said:
    Your design looks nice, @v3ng. But I think the current design helps manage the user's expectations. It's not all flashy and modern, which helps reinforce the fact that the service has no support, no uptime guarantees, and is not geared towards complete noobs.

Exactly. @v3ng , give us a text-only, ultra-minimal version!

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

its ok

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@MasonR said:

Thank you for your feedback!
    You migh be right, I'll release it in the next days, maybe someone else has a use for it

• vovlervovler Member

@v3ng looks good!

@sleddog said:

@MasonR said:

I suggest to remove the style.css

ASCII forum works. We going that route?

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited May 2018

What's LowEndSpirit, kind of like LowEndTalk? Are they run by the same people here?

edited May 2018

Lowendtalk is a trolling haven. Lowendspirit is a lowballing haven.

Thanked by 2Silvest mksh
  • MultiMulti Member

I dont really like your design. It just looks like every other hosting page. I would like to have something unique. The current design might look a bit outdated but atleast it doesn't look similar to all other hosts.

• xaocxaoc Member

Eww that purple looks awful. -_-

• emghemgh Member

@xaoc said:
    Eww that purple looks awful. -_-

Translation: I find the purple not mixing well with the current layout of style and pattern.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited May 2018

https://github.com/kristopolous/BOOTSTRA.386 Maybe? That would look pretty interesting :P

• @vovler said:
    @v3ng looks good!

@sleddog said:

@MasonR said:

I suggest to remove the style.css

one word: ‘minimalistic’

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@v3ng said: I'm a huge fan of Lowendspirit and always wanted to contribute somehow, so I thought I'll do a redesign for Lowendspirit.com.

So shouldn't the title of this thread rather be "Lowendspirit design suggestion" instead of "Lowendtalk design suggestion"?

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Of course, my bad!

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@v3ng said:
    Of course, my bad!

And it would probably have made more sense to make your suggestion on the Lowendspirit forum rather than on LET. LET has no official connection to Lowendspirit, despite the fact that that one of the admins of LET is the creator of Lowendspirit.

• mkshmksh Member

Yeah, i also think it looks quite generic but congrats for beeing fully usable with javascript disabled.