Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying WHMCS Owned license (2018)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buying WHMCS Owned license (2018)

BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Hello,

I am looking to buy WHMCS owned license (branded or unbranded). Please reply here with your offers. Modest price range is what I am looking for.

Note: I am looking for licenses which can be TRANSFERRED. I am not going to buy your "whmcs account" along with the "email account" associated with it.

Thanked by 1hostdare

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Do you own 100+ licenses till now ? ;)

Thanked by 1LowVM
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@hostdare said:
    Do you own 100+ licenses till now ? ;)

Hahaha :D nah ;p

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

what will your budget be?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Six hundred sixty six dollars.

@georgedatacenter,

Definitely not paying outrageous price for the license.

I have bought licenses for $500-$800.

@deank
    End is devil's number.

@BlaZe said:
    @georgedatacenter,

Definitely not paying outrageous price for the license.

I have bought licenses for $500-$800.

@deank
    End is devil's number.

I think they are reasonable prices

• XichyXichy Member

I selling WHMCS.com - (999$)

• Owned License Branded (you can pay 75$ one-time for "Branding Removal" in whmcs account)
    • Web Hosting Automation Platform
    • Host on your own server
    • Unlimited Clients
    • Use LIFETIME
    • Upgrades Expired, renew 99.95 USD per year
    • Proof my license is legit: https://cl.ly/pfbR/o - (999$)

Contact me: http://m.me/xichy85

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

Owned WHMCS licenses should be towards $1000's now. Seeing there still isn't any serious competition.

Been waiting for Blesta to step up their game for a few years now, been very disappointed since.

• I have one branded, but i don't know to sell it.

let me check

• flipperhostflipperhost Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Well, people talk about it though almost no one is selling. The current licensing scheme is expensive so I expect owned licences pricing to be increased.

@Xichy, thanks, I'll pass.

@lonea, nope. $1k is ridiculous pricing.

@dedicados,

Sure!

You need to contact WHMCS staff and notify them you want to transfer the license. Then they will respond and if everything is ok, a $20 invoice will be created which will be a transfer fee of the license.

Once all this is done and you get paid, you need to reply to WHMCS ticket and mention the email ID of the buyer.

I Have one branded

• CoreyCorey Member

So you are looking for about a 1yr 6mo ROI? I think even those of us that purchased these back when WHMCS pricing schema was different had a lot longer ROI than that.

• FreakFreak Member
    edited July 2018

I have an owned unbranded I would like to get rid of for $800

@georgedatacenter, please PM with proof and pricing

@Freak, please PM me with proof

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

It's kind of interesting. Over the years, I've accumulated a number of WHMCS licenses, many of which are unused.

I don't sell them because $500-$800 has not been particularly interesting to me, and I always think I might need them later :-).

On the other hand, the licenses are not expensive on a monthly basis and I'm really starting to wonder what a fair value for these owned licenses really are.

For most newbie hosts, the 250 limit you get with the $18.95/month, paying $800 for a license seems to make no sense. With an owned license, you still have to update the software every so often, which mean $99.95/yr. So for a monthly license, you end up paying $127.9 /yr more than you would buying the updates. At $800, that's an ROI of over 6 years, which is probably too long in the hosting biz.

With the Pro license, you spend $199.45 more, which means about 4 years ROI. And with the Biz license, you spend $379.45 more, which means a little over 2 years.

Okay, so if you have if you have over 1,000 clients, perhaps it's worth while as 2 years is not bad at all. Though even then, if you have 1,000 active clients, probably the license fee is not a big deal. My annual coffee budget is considerably more than the $479.40 it costs to get the Biz license...

Maybe I should just sell all my licenses and switch to monthly XD!

Thanked by 2Mridul Frameworks
  • @randvegeta said:
    It's kind of interesting. Over the years, I've accumulated a number of WHMCS licenses, many of which are unused.

I don't sell them because $500-$800 has not been particularly interesting to me, and I always think I might need them later :-).

On the other hand, the licenses are not expensive on a monthly basis and I'm really starting to wonder what a fair value for these owned licenses really are.

For most newbie hosts, the 250 limit you get with the $18.95/month, paying $800 for a license seems to make no sense. With an owned license, you still have to update the software every so often, which mean $99.95/yr. So for a monthly license, you end up paying $127.9 /yr more than you would buying the updates. At $800, that's an ROI of over 6 years, which is probably too long in the hosting biz.

With the Pro license, you spend $199.45 more, which means about 4 years ROI. And with the Biz license, you spend $379.45 more, which means a little over 2 years.

Okay, so if you have if you have over 1,000 clients, perhaps it's worth while as 2 years is not bad at all. Though even then, if you have 1,000 active clients, probably the license fee is not a big deal. My annual coffee budget is considerably more than the $479.40 it costs to get the Biz license...

Maybe I should just sell all my licenses and switch to monthly XD!

You forgot to take the resale value of a license into account. Any license you buy at 800 usd can probably be resold at that price, so you're just saving over 100usd/year by buying an owned one, and you have the ability to scale upwards given that there's no/higher limits on client count.

teamacc said: You forgot to take the resale value of a license into account.

Ahh yes that is true. Although the gap in the price may also close over time, as WHMCS may increase the update fees as they have in the past. It used to be just $49.95 /yr, and they doubled it when they announced the new pricing structure.

It is quite conceivable that that over the long term, WHMCS may increase update fees to the point where they are in line with the 'Plus' license. Or WHMCS may simply start refusing to authorize license transfers. It is not guaranteed that this will always be possible.

Also, normally in the world of software, new players come in and displace older ones all the time. The lifespan of software is not by any means certain. Look at MSN and AIM messenger apps. Now Skype is pretty much the dominant one (apples and oranges I know). Who know's where the market will be in 5 - 10 years. With that being said, CPanel has been the dominant control panel for the last 20 years and WHMCS feeds in nicely with the WEB hosting space.

I imagine that in the next few years, webhosting may be a bit of a niche product, with VPS dominating, and I can definitely see room in the market for a billing system designed around VPS instead of web hosting. And that billing system could eventually displace WHMCS.

Thanked by 1Frameworks

You can't transfer a license that's already been transferred once. Unless you plan on selling the whole account it self.

teamacc said: You forgot to take the resale value of a license into account. Any license you buy at 800 usd can probably be resold at that price,

The thing about WHMCS is that is just so versatile. It's so easy to create a module to sell other services that's not hosting.

The market is wide open for tools like that but it don't think there is any software that is capable of what WHMCS does. Especially with the integration with Support tickets.

randvegeta said: I imagine that in the next few years, webhosting may be a bit of a niche product, with VPS dominating, and I can definitely see room in the market for a billing system designed around VPS instead of web hosting. And that billing system could eventually displace WHMCS.

lonea said: It's so easy to create a module to sell other services that's not hosting.

Well yes and no. For simple things, the integration is quite simple, yes. But if you want highly integrated and dynamic functionality, then it's not so much. At least this is my experience with it.

I can certainly see a shift happening in the not too distant future. WHMCS will either keep up with the times, or it won't. I've not really seen a whole lot of added functionality coming standard with WHMCS, but I guess the addon modules that are created by 3rd parties also adds value. Just as Windows maintains dominance in the PC market because everyone produces software for Windows.

edited July 2018

Not sure how a piece of billing software can change that much. I think you are forgetting WHMCS at the end of the day is just for billing. A piece of software that is designed for less tech savvy people to manage and automate a company (Not just hosting specifically).

If I was to guess what WHMCS may do, I'm going to guess WHMCS may branch out and drop WHM in it's product name and just make it a tool for all and aim at the enterprise / larger scale company market like Kayako did.

randvegeta said: I can certainly see a shift happening in the not too distant future. WHMCS will either keep up with the times, or it won't.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

lonea said: You can't transfer a license that's already been transferred once. Unless you plan on selling the whole account it self.

I was thinking of acquiring one (to use) but thought if it doesnt work out (summer host) I could at least sell it on. This has made me rethink that idea and now paying $500+ does not seem like a good idea.

@Adam1 said:

lonea said: You can't transfer a license that's already been transferred once. Unless you plan on selling the whole account it self.

I was thinking of acquiring one (to use) but thought if it doesnt work out (summer host) I could at least sell it on. This has made me rethink that idea and now paying $500+ does not seem like a good idea.

You could just sell your whmcs account (like if you sold your company).

• I have one unbranded owned whmcs license for sale - $900

• Are you still interested in buying WHMCS license?

• I have an unlimited license to deesnutz.

Thanked by 2kkrajk bib
  • @BlaZe said:
    Hello,

I am looking to buy WHMCS owned license (branded or unbranded). Please reply here with your offers. Modest price range is what I am looking for.

Note: I am looking for licenses which can be TRANSFERRED. I am not going to buy your "whmcs account" along with the "email account" associated with it.

Hi, I have one unbranded owned whmcs license for sale $800 - Are You Interested?

• @NetMedia said:
    Hi, I have one unbranded owned whmcs license for sale $800 - Are You Interested?

Hello, please send quotation

Many thanks

• NetMediaNetMedia Member
    edited December 2018

@edfox said:

@NetMedia said:

Hello, please send quotation

Many thanks

I am selling for $800 included the transfer fees.