Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crazydomains.co.uk are Scamers: charged me and then refused to give me domain!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crazydomains.co.uk are Scamers: charged me and then refused to give me domain!

Stay away of Crazydomains.co.uk. They are scam. They offer .com domains in rediculous prices, but if you pay them, then, they will not register your domain and won;t give it to you with ridiculous excuses.

This is the story for me:
I ordered a domain name early on 2nd of October and paid immediately with my paypal (Invoice | Order # 17514493). They took the money and from that time on, they started to ask me for proofs of my identity and paypal account.
On the 3rth of October they send me an email saying that I was chosen for a random fraud check and asked me to send them a copy of my ID. I sent it to them the same day, a couple of hours after their message.
A whole day later, they asked me now to send them a screenshot of my paypal transaction. I send them the screenshot a couple of hours later (4th of October). I was waiting but anything happened.

I send them an email on 6th of October protesting that I didn't receive yet my domain. They answered me today, 7th of October (!) that the screenshot of my paypal transaction was not wright and to send them again like a sample they provided me. Just to mention, the screenshot I send them was the actual screenshot of the transaction details for that buy.

I send them an email with my protest, to "offers" department (that was sending me the emails) and "customer" department, also.

6 days after my order and the domain was still pending. So, while the status of my domain activation was "pending", I tried to register the domain to another company (Godaddy) and, voila! I registered the domain in seconds! The status of the domain activation in my account at crazydomains.co.uk is still "pending"!!!

I opened at noon a dispute to Paypal to have my money back (it's not about the money as this is a very small amount, 1,6$, but the whole procedure and delay was suspicious and their behavior is offending).

4 hours later, a lady from their "customer" department answered me: "We apologize for the any inconvenience that this has caused you. We have noted your concern as high priority and we will make sure to have this sorted out as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us at 1-300-210-210 for further questions. We would love to provide you assistance to any concerns you have regarding your account".
She didn't even check what I was saying or if the domain was even available!

I have domains since 2004 with godaddy, hostgator, namecheap, iphost and many other providers and never had problems. Whenever I was buying an international domain, the registration was immediate. Even in Greece that I live, where the registration is semi-automatically, when I register a domain I have it immediately and have the final answer if I can have it permanently a couple of days later. This is the first time that I receive such a behavior.

Last but not least: If there was a competitor of me and tried to buy the domain after my purchase from crazydomains, he could "stole" from me, just because the tactics of this company...

Stay away...

Comments

• Yea, their customer service is one of the worst.

• I have a domain from them, never had any problems. Must be some kind of mix up.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

Must be some kind of mix up.

It's not a mixup. It's how they do business. They were hit with a breach of registrar agreement this summer for their business practices (including violation of Australian consumer law) and are in danger of losing their accreditation to register ,au domains as a result.

http://www.auda.org.au/news/crazydomains/
    http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-11072013/
    http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-11062013/

• @sc754 said:
    I have a domain from them, never had any problems. Must be some kind of mix up.

This is not a mixup. I guess, this is poor customer service, or non-automatic procedures of domains, or not having the funds to register domains (as they are lower than the cost of them) and waiting to deposit money to complete the orders, or just collecting documents (id, paypal screenshots) for, I don't know why. maybe selling them "under the table"?
    The fact is, I was in danger losing my domain even that it was paid and thought it was pre-registerd from them...

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited October 2013

Well, my experience with them is vary. Sometimes domains are provided within hours, other times I have to contact support after a week of pending domain status. That's what you get for cheap services I guess.

I guess I'm one of very few people who got lucky, never get asked for ID and not finding much trouble. I now have over 100 cheap domains with them and before I know it I become a VIP member.
    http://i.imgur.com/H3UgBad.png

• @DalComp said:
    I guess I'm one of very few people who got lucky

Just to mention: that was not only for pending, but for behavior. I provided them with proofs 2 times and they wanted another proof. Banks asks for less to give you a loan. 6 days later, it's not worthing trying and lose your time with them, as you can get great discounts with coupons with various of registers.

• I have registered many domains with them. The process is not automatic, it may take 2 to 3 days. My last 4 .com domains, once processed immediately, 2 after a support ticket, registered 2 days later, one partial refund because I register it at godday afraid of losing it.

Their support is not so bad, you always receive reply with 1 to 3 days. Better than most company.

They are not scam but do expected too much for the price you pay. If you want to get the domain immediately, you need to register at godaddy, namecheap and ....

I have problem with godaddy, after registering 3 domains in a day with separated transaction, they always block me for a day before I can register another new one...

• well, I bought 2 domain with them. no problem since bought.. but, because their renewal price is so high, I transfered them to other registrar

• @smile93 said:

I have 12 domains with godaddy. Processed automatically. Never had issues, I just tried crazydomains because of the extremely low price. But, in the end, you can find coupons for gd, hostgator or others to reduce the price (of course, not so much).
    If they just delayed the deliver of the domain 2,3 or 4 days, that would no be problem. If they delay just one domain for repeated "fraud" checks (when I delivered my real name, address, copy of my real ID, even a screenshot of my paypal transaction...).
    One more thing: I have try smaller registers too that works even better than the "big" ones. never asked 3 different things in 3 different times as "fraud check"... mention that I have never do anything "illegal", spamming or such things, all of my domains, vps's, emails etc. are used for professional purposes (news portals, advertising company, tests etc.).

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@jvnadr said:
    Stay away of Crazydomains.co.uk. They are scam.

Crazydomains.co.uk domain prices too cheap to be true, if you want to change the domain name registration ownership you need to pay £80 - £90, like 80 times more of cost of domain name - rip-off

• @WebProject said:
    Crazydomains.co.uk domain prices too cheap to be true, if you want to change the domain name registration ownership you need to pay £80 - £90, like 80 times more of cost of domain name - rip-off

I think they don't have auto push to change the ownership, and this needs manual process, manual process usually is expensive.

If I want to change the ownership of that domain, I rather, transfer the domain out to other provider, or directly approve the transfer to other by giving out the auth code.

This is the only domain provider that they know they made the mistake in pricing and if you ordered it, they honor it.

They do provide refund, which usually immediately after the reply from the support (1 to 3 Business day) if I don't want to wait and register the domain else where.

Use them only if you want to get a cheap price but not urgently need the domain or don't mind if you dont get the domain.

But they are not scam as claimed in title only they are not as good as other.

• @smile93 said:
    Use them only if you want to get a cheap price but not urgently need the domain or don't mind if you dont get the domain.

Couldn't agree more.