Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking employment as programmer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking employment as programmer

gwnd1989gwnd1989 Member
edited May 2018 in Requests

Hi,

I scanned the rules but I could not find anything related to employment related threads.
I am a programmer.

I currently work with my old boss. I work with whatever comes my way. At the moment I am automating Indesign with Node.js and Electron.

I have been a LEB reader for years now and bought several boxes.

I would like to work with someone. Anything would do. But I mainly like building tools.

Thanks

[Mod edit: updated title to reflect actual thread topic]

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I guess, I will pop it in requests though as you are requesting employment.

• mkshmksh Member

@gwnd1989 said:
    I would like to work with someone.

As in you are looking for someone to hire you or as in let's do some unpaid open source work together while we both try to avoid starvation?

• @mksh said:

let's do some unpaid open source work together while we both try to avoid starvation?

this brings back some memories of the good old days!

Thanked by 1mksh
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I guess, I will pop it in requests though as you are requesting employment.

Thanks pal.

• @mksh said:

@gwnd1989 said:
    I would like to work with someone.

As in you are looking for someone to hire you or as in let's do some unpaid open source work together while we both try to avoid starvation?

Jokes aside, if it has got the potential. I am in. =)
    I am not starving at the moment though, and most probably never will :P

• Hire me or lets do a project together. Anything would do. I have free time and would like to put it to good use.

• ehabehab Member

if you have free time.. then enjoy it to the max, money comes later... be patient and ask allah the provider to bring reasons your way.

• @ehab said:
    if you have free time.. then enjoy it to the max, money comes later... be patient and ask allah the provider to bring reasons your way.

Working is also a way of having fun. Being creative. Solving problems. Interacting with people.

• elliotcelliotc Member

When I was looking for a job, I also said that.

• What is your expected salary then?

• williewillie Member

Wait til June 1 and look for the monthly "who is hiring" thread on news.ycombinator.com. It goes up in the morning (California time) on the 1st of every month. There are usually requests matching your interests, and there is also a "who wants to be hired" thread that you can post to.

• Thank all for your comments. I actually started a new project today. An online marketplace for small business owners. =)

• williewillie Member

gwnd1989 said:

Thank all for your comments. I actually started a new project today. An online marketplace for small business owners. =)

Post at indiehackers.com.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

No you can't post this, wait you already did.

Thanked by 2willie mksh
  • @AuroraZ said:
    No you can't post this, wait you already did.

:(
    I helped someone though this, but halfway through they lied. But managed to help them out somehow :P
    Was interesting

• Looking for new projects =)

• workana.com

• @Jona4s said:
    workana.com

Thanks but I like to work with technical people.

Ill try workana out too, but I actually got work from here =)

Thank you

• Hello, I am no longer accepting work for the moment.
    Got work.

When I am free again, I will let you know
    Thank you all.