Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Dedicated Server Xeon E3-1245v5, 32GB RAM in Singapore or Australia $59.99! Recurring offer! [OVH]
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Dedicated Server Xeon E3-1245v5, 32GB RAM in Singapore or Australia $59.99! Recurring offer! [OVH]

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Provider

Discover the most competitive Dedicated Servers ever launched in Singapore and Australia!

• Are you looking for the best price/performance ratio for your current or future IT projects?
    • Would you like to control your bill with an ultra competitive and all-inclusive pricing?
    • You can manage your own servers?

Look no further!

Discover your next DEDICATED SERVER: DO-32-APAC. $59.99 USD /month (recurring!)

• Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 4c/8t - 3.5GHz /3.9GHz
    • 32GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz
    • SoftRAID 2x2TB (or upgrade to 2x480GB SSD for FREE)
    • Upload: 5000 GB of traffic/quota included (or upgrade to unlimited!) @250 Mbps
    • Download unlimited @1Gbps
    • Anti-DDoS protection included (OVH has a 14Tbps network capacity)
    • Singapore or Sydney Datacenter
    • 1 IP v4 address included (Add additional IPs (up to 256) for a one-off $3 fee/IP)

+

• Delivered in 120s
    • Latest hardware
    • Powerful anti-DDoS protection included
    • Over 90 operating systems and licenses
    • No contracts
    • No setup fees
    • Local technical support (Melbourne based)

Links to the offer

Your are based in:

Why buy a Dedicated Server?

• Manage a game server for your gaming community
    • Host IO-intensive websites and applications
    • Run a dedicated database server
    • Host your own private virtualized environment
    • Create a private IoT platform..

Test the OVH network performance in Asia-Pacific

Datacenter: Sydney, Australia

Test IPv4 : 139.99.130.17
    Test IPv6 : 2402:1f00:8100:211::1
    Test files : http://syd.infrastructures.ovh/
    Test latency : http://syd.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC
    Looking Glass: https://lg.ovh.net/prefix_bgpmap/syd1/ipv4?q=9.9.9.9#
    Network status: http://weathermap.ovh.net/#apac

Datacenter: Singapore

Test IPv4 : 139.99.8.97
    Test IPv6 : 2402:1f00:8000:261::1
    Test files : http://sgp.infrastructures.ovh/
    Test latency : http://sgp.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC
    Looking Glass: https://lg.ovh.net/prefix_bgpmap/sin1/ipv4?q=9.9.9.9#
    Network status: http://weathermap.ovh.net/#apac

About OVH

OVH is a global Cloud provider, offering innovative products and services with a focus on private, public and hybrid cloud, and bare metal (dedicated servers).

Founded in 1999, the OVH group manages and maintains 27 datacentres across 4 continents, deploys its own global fibre optic network, and has a full control over the supply chain (from server manufacturing and in-house maintenance of its infrastructure, right down to customer support). OVH offers businesses a benchmark for value and performance in the sector.

Thanked by 3atomi FHR jar

Comments

• GravelyGravely Member
      edited May 2018

Now thats a good deal :D
      Does this deal also work for SP-16-S ?

Thanked by 1pxhaxor
    • caracalcaracal Member

Why did I pay a year in advance :(

• pxhaxorpxhaxor Member

@Gravely said:
      Now thats a good deal :D
      Does this deal also work for SP-16-S ?

This!

https://retas.io/ | Vulnerability Assessment - Penetration Testing

• YAIS - Yet Another Idle Server

• corbpiecorbpie Member

I look forward to some vps offers on these shortly @providers

grape

• fkjfkj Member

Is this server a permanent product or is it just a short time promotion like the 38EUR E5 in France years ago?

• bohdansbohdans Member

@ovh_apac can you do a better price on SP-16-S?

• wroxwrox Member

Great offer!

• ipv6?

Uptime monitoring for the masses. NodePing

• GravelyGravely Member
      edited May 2018

@ovh_apac if the SP-16-S can include SSD at no extra cost, ill take 2 :P

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Provider

Hello,

Thanks all for your interest in the offer.

@Gravely - Not running these kinds of offer right now, but I'm happy to pass that feedback on to the product managers here :)

@fkj - This is a permanent product

@NodePing - All dedicated servers come with a /64 block of IPv6

@bohdans - Not at this time. But I will pass on your feedback.

Thanks,

Thanked by 1pxhaxor
    • fkjfkj Member

OVH_APAC said: This is a permanent product

Please provide some discount on this since your network is currently kinda messy :)

• GravelyGravely Member

@fkj said:

Please provide some discount on this since your network is currently kinda messy :)

As much as i would like a discount. This is incredibly affordable for Australia

• noqqkknoqqkk Member

@OVH_APAC IPMI / custom ISO is included / allowed in the server?

• fkjfkj Member

@Gravely said:

@fkj said:

As much as i would like a discount. This is incredibly affordable for Australia

I do agree the price is attractive enough. But anyway, man, this is LET, where we buy boxes for idling.

Thanked by 1pxhaxor
    • nvidiannvidian Member

I order couple of days ago and also ordered 4 more additional IPs (IP Failover) cause I plan to install Proxmox on it.

I install proxmox with OVH template without problem (hardware and main IP works as expected).

I created virtual MAC on OVH panel, assign it to the VM network on Proxmox.
      Setup correct gateway - which is similar to my main server IP but with 254 at the end (x.x.x.254). But still the IPs failover cannot reach the internet. I can ping my main IP from
      the VM, I even can ping to the gateway IP from VM, but I cannot ping to 8.8.8.8, google.com or any IPs outside.

This is not my first Proxmox server and I already follow the guide from OVH website and from Proxmox website about OVH network setting.

I contacted the support by creating a ticket 2655560307 and got no answer after 2 days. I called their support and got useless response, and they reply it once.

After 2 more days (4 days total) they haven't reply so I call them today. The support person only said that he will escalated it to higher support.

Do you guys ever experienced the same IP failover problem with OVH ? Can I request a refund - at least for $12 (4x failover IPs) ?

• pxhaxorpxhaxor Member

@nvidian said:
      I order couple of days ago and also ordered 4 more additional IPs (IP Failover) cause I plan to install Proxmox on it.

I install proxmox with OVH template without problem (hardware and main IP works as expected).

I created virtual MAC on OVH panel, assign it to the VM network on Proxmox.
      Setup correct gateway - which is similar to my main server IP but with 254 at the end (x.x.x.254). But still the IPs failover cannot reach the internet. I can ping my main IP from
      the VM, I even can ping to the gateway IP from VM, but I cannot ping to 8.8.8.8, google.com or any IPs outside.

This is not my first Proxmox server and I already follow the guide from OVH website and from Proxmox website about OVH network setting.

I contacted the support by creating a ticket 2655560307 and got no answer after 2 days. I called their support and got useless response, and they reply it once.

After 2 more days (4 days total) they haven't reply so I call them today. The support person only said that he will escalated it to higher support.

Do you guys ever experienced the same IP failover problem with OVH ? Can I request a refund - at least for $12 (4x failover IPs) ?

did you do any benchmarking on your server?

https://retas.io/ | Vulnerability Assessment - Penetration Testing

@noqqkk - You can use the IPMI to install a custom ISO

@nvidian - I will see what I can do to get in contact with the support team over there.

@fkj - Unfortunately there are no further promotions on this server.

• @OVH_APAC said:

@nvidian - I will see what I can do to get in contact with the support team over there.

@OVH_APAC said:

@OVH_APAC said:

also, please follow up ticket #2681940405

thanks

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to listen" dgprasetya.com

• bugisbugis Member

@OVH_APAC Is the upgrade to 2x480GB SSD for FREE no longer available ?

• bugisbugis Member

@OVH_APAC
      Is the upgrade to 2x480GB SSD for FREE no longer available ?

@bugis said:
      @OVH_APAC
      Is the upgrade to 2x480GB SSD for FREE no longer available ?

Hello @bugis,
      Sorry the SSD option is sold out on this server, we still have a few 2x2TB SATA available in both Singapore and Sydney Datacenter.