Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi sale KS-3B i5-750 / 16GB / 2TB (FR) - €11.99 [OR] Hetzner i7-2600 / 32 GB / 2x3TB /€ 21.85
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi sale KS-3B i5-750 / 16GB / 2TB (FR) - €11.99 [OR] Hetzner i7-2600 / 32 GB / 2x3TB /€ 21.85

aFriendaFriend Member
edited May 2018 in General

Kimsufi sale KS-3B 1801sk0312

KS-3B Server - Intel i5-750 - 16GB DDR3 1333 MHz - 2To - 1 month (France data center, no BHS)

11.99 € excluding VAT , excluding Setup fee. (normal price is €20.99)

Price is good but I didnt bite kimsufi.

Right now, Hetzner serverbidding is much better for me:
i7-2600 / 32 GB / 2x 3 TB / faster network / ability to order additional IP /
€ 21.85 excl VAT + no setup fee (lowest I have ever seen ) in [DE]

Thanked by 1Thibaut_C

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2018

Well, the i5-750 has just 3.8k passmark, wait for Flashsale KS4C for same price.

As usual Hetzner is a steal, best performance/storage, but that price drops often so kinda normal.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited May 2018

In my holy opinion, you can get way better price to performance with Hetzner, I am obviously aimed at CPU power, as you'd give up 2x 1TB HDD...

I've seen these turn up quite often:

• CPU: Xeon E3-1246v3 | i7-4770
    • MEM: 32 GB DDR3 - I have seen a mix of Kingston/Crucial (for what it matters)
    • DISK: 2x2TB HDD - usually a mix of some "enterprise" WD/ HGST/ Seagate (note: they might be manufactured a year or 6 ago and have been used since...)

Price: €24.35/month excluding VAT if applicable and the Finland location even seems to be a few dimes cheaper :)

They turn up in all locations, either Nuremberg, Falkenstein or Tuusula (aka Helsinki).

Shameless self-promo: if you don't like to keep track of the Hetzner SB page, just punch in my username on GitHub and help yourself ;-)

• I got lucky this week and got 2x2TB HGST ultrastar enterprise drives in one 22.69 server at Hetzner. It's now my private NAS/backup for Hetzner VMs and ssd dedis in Frankfurt/Falkenstein/nuremburg. (I can always FuSe mount additional storage from Hetzner storage for non-privacy sensitive data)

I remember these drives from my Kimsufi madness days. At 30000 hrs, these are going to keep me happy for another 2-3 yrs minimum.

• seoboyseoboy Member

Hello friends,

Is VAT now mandatory at all?
    My account and my servers did not pay VAT, now when trying to get the KS-3B even logged in with my account, they want to force me to pay VAT.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

• elliotcelliotc Member

Archaeologist really need one lol

• sinsin Member

@seoboy said:
    Hello friends,

Is VAT now mandatory at all?
    My account and my servers did not pay VAT, now when trying to get the KS-3B even logged in with my account, they want to force me to pay VAT.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

You can contact them and have VAT removed and any VAT charges refunded.

• emptyPDemptyPD Member

@Neoon said:
    Well, the i5-750 has just 3.8k passmark, wait for Flashsale KS4C for same price.

As usual Hetzner is a steal, best performance/storage, but that price drops often so kinda normal.

when will be the Flashsale KS4C ?

@emptyPD said:

@Neoon said:

when will be the Flashsale KS4C ?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • hzrhzr Member

emptyPD said: when will be the Flashsale KS4C ?

next one on 6/4

@hzr said:

next one on 6/4

Thanked by 1imok
  • @ the end of the process they removed the VAT from my bill after i logged in ... with Switzerland address

• pikepike Veteran

@Marcel40625 said:
    @ the end of the process they removed the VAT from my bill after i logged in ... with Switzerland address

Interesting, normally they charge 5% VAT for swiss customers. No tax applies only if you select USA or "other country".

edited May 2018

Well, now its official, you found the link before the actual flashsale.

• emtecroemtecro Member

Does hetzner auction servers have ddos protection or just only other server ranges ?

@emtecro said:
    Does hetzner auction servers have ddos protection or just only other server ranges ?

All servers have antiDDoS, so get the cheapest one which fits your needs.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • eramaxeramax Member

@hzr said:

next one on 6/4

I am waiting for the new flashsale should be today right ?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@eramax said:

@hzr said:

next one on 6/4

I am waiting for the new flashsale should be today right ?

Or April 6th of next year!

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

I'm hoping for another flashsale..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@v3ng said:
    I'm hoping for another flashsale..

Black Friday