Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kubernetes @OVH : tell us more about your need and a access to upcoming beta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kubernetes @OVH : tell us more about your need and a access to upcoming beta

MaxAtOVHMaxAtOVH Member
edited May 2018 in Providers

Hi Everyone

I am here today to represent the OVH team working hard to offer you the full Kubernetes experience, without the hassle of maintaining the software and infrastructure on which your workloads are running.

We would like to get some details about you use-cases to fine-tune our future offering.
So if you are looking for a solution to orchestrate containers, please click here : https://labs.ovh.com/kubernetes-k8s and take the short survey.

Giving us your nic-handle (username) at the end will also allow us to give your early access to the beta (this summer) !

Thanks in advance for your remarks ans feedback !

Maxime

Thanked by 3gattytto hanoi MikePT

Comments

• WHAT?

• @mtsbatalha oops, reposted :)

• Is this a managed offering with support engineers or self-service clusters?

• I want

• @vimalware we are still designing the offering, but we currently target offering full managed kubernetes, with full access to the K8s API and basic UI. As with most of our stanard catalog though, you would be in charge of designing and managing you appplications on top of it. (we install and update K8s, ensure it is all up, but we dont support your container and cluster designchoices for example)

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2018

Our organization runs everything on Azure cause they provide app services/servers without need to manage/patch the OS.

If OVH can ever provide a viable alternative to Azure's services, Im sure many would consider moving over to an european alternative. I had hard time lobbying OVH public cloud to my boss cause he prefers everything that Azure offers, claiming VMs are out of date, and those that they need, can also be provided by Azure.

• @stefeman definitely, the aim here is that exceptbuilding/updating your container images, you just have to define your orchestration rules, and the rest is history :)

• hanoihanoi Member

Sound interesting. So I post my NIC in here?

• What does kubernet(e)s means? It's one of those stupid meaningless words that i can't get out of my head, damn you marketing! It sounds like downsized version of "internet" - "internets" but put in a cube... People usually downtalk kitties... Is it cat food? It's cat food isn't it?! Boxes and boxes of cat food bought on internet and delivered worldwide. I knew it.

• hi @hanoi nope, just click the libk in my post and fillnout the survey. last question will orfer your to leave your nic handle :)

• JackHJackH Member

@ElliotJ @hawc @MasonR Hostrep tag?

• Did anyone here get access to the beta?

• @esistgut said:
    Did anyone here get access to the beta?

nope not yet.

• saibalsaibal Member

It's still in alpha.

• lemonlemon Member

You're late to the game...

• @lemon sometimes the party gets better in the late night ^^
    I must confirm you than things take a bit more time than expected, because we pay attention to offering you a well integrated experience. Our current target is september/october for the beta user and quickly later a commercial release (with official support and SLA) .

• esistgutesistgut Member
    edited July 2018

@MaxAtOVH can you share some additional info? Minimal setup? Will it require a load balancer like GKE?

• @esistgut : no more preise ETA that the one just given above yet (sept/early october for the beta). But we staff the team to ensure a rapid move to commercial offering. The exact delay will vary depending on the feedbacks to the beta.

The current business model we target will offer you a managed control plane for a very low fee, and there wont be minimal setup, you will just pay for your nodes basically, with our catalog of instances with garanted ressources starting around $30

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2018

@MaxAtOVH said:

our catalog of instances with garanted ressources starting around $30 $7

There... I adjusted the price for you.

• @default 4 dollars indeed for our non-guranteed-ressources instances, 26+ for guaranteed ones.