Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM, Cursed you!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM, Cursed you!

FritzFritz Veteran
edited October 2013 in Reviews

This is my personal and honest review based on true story.

One day ago around 16.00 GMT (Oktober 5), I found that my VPS is inaccessible. Then I went to their HyperVM control Panel and found out that my VPS is gone.
BlueVMErrorHyperion

I submited a ticket, 14 hours later a guy named Michael told me that I have been hacked and my VPS is wiped. How is that even possible to wipe my VPS using my user level credential? (I can obviously see clearly that my VM doesn't even exist on their node)
I believe a hacker can only wipe the data / reinstall the OS but not wipe the VPS itself from the node.

How can a great brand like BlueVM has this "Junk" quality? I and my clients trust their quality but now we know that their Quality is junk and their support is bad.
I've also seen a post here on LET that BlueVM staff deleted his account with no reason based on personal thoughts. Isn't that great?

My VPS is located in their Kansas location with their slowest ever Network (100KB/s upload).
speed

Finally with easy they said, we can re-create the VPS for you if you'd like. Of course I DO LIKE that.

FYI, my account at their control panel sits nice with active status.
http://s22.postimg.org/c3vkbpv4x/Blue_VM_active_detail.jpg

I guess they are no longer BLUE with their new design, instead they should be called DAWNVM.

Comments

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited October 2013

You evidently have NO idea how this works. Firstly, that's your Client Area, not your server panel! They use their own panel (Feathur). The rest.. Trolls, we need you.

Edit: OP Changed the image. Ignore what I said.

• It's my server panel. They don't release Feathur for Kansas location, that's why I'm using HypeVM.

• LukeTLukeT Member
    edited October 2013

nvm, feathur isn't in kansas yet

• It's re-created again on the same HyperVM panel.
    As I said earlier, they said, they won't release Feathur for Kansas location.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited October 2013

@CastleServers said:
    You evidently have NO idea how this works. Firstly, that's your Client Area, not your server panel! They use their own panel (Feathur). The rest.. Trolls, we need you.

Did you even read the whole thing? No one can "remove/terminate" a vps with userlevel access unless it was escalated to node level. they are still using a mix of feathur and hypervm. Stop being a dick.

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I am uncertain but perhaps it is possible that an rm -rf / could result in a container being reported as nonexistent. Can't say I want to try, but the container won't start or anything if certain files are deleted that are accessible in the vps. Not sure if those are all write protected off the top of my head.

• @seriesn said:

Apologies, OP changed the image.

• When the VM was wiped, I can't connect to its IP 204.12.xxx.xxx and now the IP shows Apache default page.

• @jarland said:
    I am uncertain but perhaps it is possible that an rm -rf / could result in a container being reported as nonexistent. Can't say I want to try, but the container won't start or anything if certain files are deleted that are accessible in the vps. Not sure if those are all write protected off the top of my head.

Control panel should see the vm even if it is wiped because ctid will still be on the node. Just the container will stay empty. But reading what the screen shot says, it can be an accidental wipe by them or someone gained unauthorized access to hypervm.

• @jarland said:

I'm accidentally doing that once, but problem solved by simply doing reinstall.

• @budi1413 said:
    I'm accidentally doing that once, but problem solved by simply doing reinstall.

You are doing that on your VPS level which is very easy to rebuild.
    What I'm having right now is on Node level.

@BlueVM, @Ishaq

• Yes?

I'm unaware of the situation so I'm looking into it.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @Ishaq said:
    Yes?

I'm unaware of the situation so I'm looking into it.

Thanks bro. Appreciate it a lot.

• MunMun Member

In your post you state that Michael stated you VPS got hacked. So, why wouldn't you think it would get formatted/wiped. This is a common practice, and it should be done on any level, as your VPS is considered compromised. You don't know if they have extra scripts in it or what ever.

For speed, yes you are right that is slow. However, that is common on Kansas. If you want better speeds go to another one of there location (IL) as it has far better bandwidth.

Mun

• @Fritz

Can you please provide screenshots of the ticket?

• @Mun said:
    In your post you state that Michael stated you VPS got hacked. So, why wouldn't you think it would get formatted/wiped. This is a common practice, and it should be done on any level, as your VPS is considered compromised. You don't know if they have extra scripts in it or what ever.

For speed, yes you are right that is slow. However, that is common on Kansas. If you want better speeds go to another one of there location (IL) as it has far better bandwidth.

Mun

Really, I don't know if a user level can remove its VPS from the node. I'm 100% sure that I can wipe the "data" / rebuild the OS though.

As for the speed, I do like their Kansas Location.
    Will you sell your car and buy the new one if your tire is leaking? wouldn't you fix the tire first rather than buy a new car directly?
    This is on my mind, maybe you have a better idea.

• MunMun Member

I have bluevm in CA, IL, KS, and NY. You could rm -rf --preserve-root and that would remove everything. It could also be that your VPS was hacked and the resulting spam etc. caused so much issues that bluevm deleted your vm on the host level.

You are responsible for the care of your VM, and you seemed to have failed. So frankly I think you are in the wrong here.

Mun

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited October 2013

@Mun said:
    I have bluevm in CA, IL, KS, and NY. You could rm -rf --preserve-root and that would remove everything. It could also be that your VPS was hacked and the resulting spam etc. caused so much issues that bluevm deleted your vm on the host level.

You are responsible for the care of your VM, and you seemed to have failed. So frankly I think you are in the wrong here.

Mun

Mun, that will be a different story. From the ticket does not indicated there was issue of spamming etc like you said.

Please stop whatever you are thinking to do now.

• @Fritz It was actually NOT wiped out. It's Hypervm thing.
    I had many occasions that vps was gone from Hypervm, simply press "recover", then it shows up without any data loss whatsoever....That's why Hypervm sucks, but all the data was there, all the time.