Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reviewn fphosting support confusing and difficult to refund (Caution)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reviewn fphosting support confusing and difficult to refund (Caution)

WagnerWagner Member

This company is confusing and amateur, you offer VPS KVM Windows OS for $ 2.95 (1GB RAM KVM plan in LEB), after the customer buy, is forced to upgrade disk (despite being offered in advertisement), support is time consuming and confusing (do not know if it is a confusing team, or just 1 user playing with us)

I asked my VPS KVM about 2 days not working, they simply told me that I should upgrade disk to use Windows (although LEB offer this of course it supported Windows):

LEB:
https://snag.gy/QJ19yl.jpg

Your site:
https://snag.gy/6kuWwe.jpg

Due to the delay and confusion, I have requested a cancellation and refund, and am still waiting for the response that is usually quite time consuming.

Cancel and refund Invoice # 538084, take a look at our conversation and draw your conclusions:
https://snag.gy/1LBfeh.jpg

Refund request was made on the 17th, today on the 19th we have no position on refund, be careful when buying with this company, there are several complaints about them in LEB and LET.

Thank you

Comments

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

you have ordered 20GB disk VPS and they delivered 20GB disk VPS.
    I don't see a problem

• NomadNomad Member

So what, you imagined that if it supports it it should also fit in the 20gb disk you have?

It does support Windows but unfortunately Windows doesn't support that disk size...

• teamaccteamacc Member

@Nomad said:
    So what, you imagined that if it supports it it should also fit in the 20gb disk you have?

It does support Windows but unfortunately Windows doesn't support that disk size...

Read the actual conversation. They advertise with windows on the thing, offer only windows 2012R2, which fails to install.

They then reply to the "cannot install windows" ticket with a "ah yeah, but you need 30gb to actually do that".

Fake advertising/bait+switch tactics imo.

• NomadNomad Member

@teamacc said:

@Nomad said:

Read the actual conversation. They advertise with windows on the thing, offer only windows 2012R2, which fails to install.

They then reply to the "cannot install windows" ticket with a "ah yeah, but you need 30gb to actually do that".

Fake advertising/bait+switch tactics imo.

Yeah, I read it.
    I don't think that company ever thought twice when they were creating a package with 20gb disk space. That's a huge stupidity on their end and they really should refund.

But since he's a Windows VPS client, the client should also know that windows installations usually take more space. Only LTSB version requires 15-20gb of space I think.

My point is, sure the OP is right but there's fault at both parties in this case.

• WagnerWagner Member

Nomad said: Yeah, I read it. I don't think that company ever thought twice when they were creating a package with 20gb disk space. That's a huge stupidity on their end and they really should refund.

But since he's a Windows VPS client, the client should also know that windows installations usually take more space. Only LTSB version requires 15-20gb of space I think.

My point is, sure the OP is right but there's fault at both parties in this case.

There is no fault on my part, regardless of the minimum Windows size of disk, if they advertise Windows in their offer, it should deliver Windows and that's it.

Windows ads in LEB and in site (plan that I bought):
    LEB: https://snag.gy/QJ19yl.jpg
    Your site: https://snag.gy/6kuWwe.jpg

Also, ISO CD ROM did not work (it was simply empty), if I had some formad and Windows upload I would really use it, but what I found very unfair was the support saying it would need to upgrade disk to be able to use Windows when it announced Windows in its bid should specify whether or not to announce Windows, in addition to the time consuming and confusing support.

For example, other companies advertise KVM with Linux only if they do not want to provide Windows (regardless of disk size) so do not advertise Windows OS as supported in the advertisement:

Lose time, embarrassment, and delay, if you like it, buy from them and be happy

• WagnerWagner Member
    edited May 2018

drserver said: you have ordered 20GB disk VPS and they delivered 20GB disk VPS. I don't see a problem

The problem is that it has announced Windows supported in its offer, when in fact there is no Windows for the offer, where they say that disk upgrade is necessary to be able to use Windows. (see image proof in post)

In any case, despite the delay they refunded and canceled the VPS, in this case I have the case resolved

• WagnerWagner Member

teamacc said: Read the actual conversation. They advertise with windows on the thing, offer only windows 2012R2, which fails to install.

Fake advertising/bait+switch tactics imo

Correct, thanks for comment

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited May 2018

Sorry but where did they get the 30gb size from?

I run Windows on a small kvm VPS with 20gb disk and Windows uses 9GB for the OS.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Wagner said: In any case, despite the delay they refunded and canceled the VPS, in this case I have the case resolved

I am glad that you have resolved your case.

• WagnerWagner Member

zafouhar said: Sorry but where did they get the 30gb size from?

I run Windows on a small kvm VPS with 20gb disk and Windows uses 9GB for the OS.

I really do not know, I've also used Windows on smaller disks, it seems that force user upgrade after purchase, I really was sad about this.

• WagnerWagner Member

drserver said: I am glad that you have resolved your case.

Thanks for comment

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@Nomad said:

I am running Windows Server 2016 fine on Hetzner 2.49 Cloud that has 20 GB hard drive. The standard ISO (provided by Hetzner ISO templates) was used to install the Windows OS.

• @dev_vps said:

@Nomad said:

I am running Windows Server 2016 fine on Hetzner 2.49 Cloud that has 20 GB hard drive. The standard ISO (provided by Hetzner ISO templates) was used to install the Windows OS.

He was trying to run Windows Server 2012R2, not 2016.

• Windows Server 2012 can definitely run with less than 15gb of disk space, and that number is even less if we're dealing with Server Core, which most people should be running.

If you know what you're doing in WinPE, you can definitely override any blockers and install Windows the hard way with dism and diskpart.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@doghouch said:

@dev_vps said:

@Nomad said:

He was trying to run Windows Server 2012R2, not 2016.

Here you go ....