Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Suggestion for Image Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Suggestion for Image Hosting

Sofia_KSofia_K Member
edited May 2018 in General

Hi,
I've some wordpress sites each having an image associated with a post. The posts have grown 10K+ and I'm on cPanel shared hosting platform. Since the disk space is limited I'm thinking to off load the images to a VPS. I'm getting around 12K to 14K page views a day.

What can be the minimum VPS plan I can use considering the growth of images to host around 15K images.

1. Standard low end VPS or Storage VPS?
  2. Is 256 MB RAM VPS sufficient?
  3. Should I install LAMP or just CentOS + Apache as I would be serving Images only from this VPS or other webserver?
  4. SSD or SSD-cached or HDD storage?
  5. Is AWS S3 more cheaper or a low end VPS or storage VPS?

What you guys suggest?

Comments

• corbpiecorbpie Member

How much storage have you used so far? You can get reasonably sized SSD cPanel plans now days pair that with bunnycdn and you shouldn't have issues

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member

Actually not many cPanel shared web hosts allow too much of image files on shared servers as listed in their TOS/AUP. Right now I will need 40-50 GB storage considering the growth in images for coming 2 or 3 years.

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

Use a CDN. It will help your load speed enough to be worth it.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited May 2018

@Sofia_K said:
    Actually not many cPanel shared web hosts allow too much of image files on shared servers as listed in their TOS/AUP. Right now I will need 40-50 GB storage considering the growth in images for coming 2 or 3 years.

If you pay for the space you can use it. It will be the "unlimited" space hosting that has the "dont use this service for anything that uses up heaps of space" clause

• NomadNomad Member

If you are moving, why don't you take the site with you as well?

• Several hosts allows that disk space. Just don't go for unlimited or cheap ones